Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

There's a 15% base crit chanc, and it's the same as the status, i don't know if it's 15% for each pellet or 15% for each (so 1.5% each). Actually it's 15% for each pellet, but if you have informations about that, let me know. But if you have 10 times 15% chance, yeah, it's about 80% probability.

Edit : There's one thing I need to fix. The 80% probability is the probability of 1 pellet doing a critical hit. So it should not use the full damage in the calculation but only damage/pellet.

Edited by Stoi84

There's a 15% base crit chanc, and it's the same as the status, i don't know if it's 15% for each pellet or 15% for each (so 1.5% each). Actually it's 15% for each pellet, but if you have informations about that, let me know. But if you have 10 times 15% chance, yeah, it's about 80% probability.

Edit : There's one thing I need to fix. The 80% probability is the probability of 1 pellet doing a critical hit. So it should not use the full damage in the calculation but only damage/pellet.

Yeah this makes more sense.

Bane mods are buggy on weapons with innate elements.

For example I take Synapse, add Bane, check box, it works fine. Add elec, check box, works fine. Add fire, to make Rad, and checking the box does nothing.

Edited by Darzk

So,

I finally changed my mind about the possibility of saving, voting and browsing builds. The first step is now online, it's the member area. You can already register and manage your account, but take care if you are using hotmail adresses, you won't probably get the mails until microsoft understood I'm not a spammer. You can't really do anything after registering, it's just to reserve the username you want.

I also fixed some things, see the first page for the changelog.

And finally, some more explanations about the fire rate and the status/critical probability.

So... some non automatic weapons have a high rate of fire value with mods, like 16, and no one can click that fast unless using a macro. If you are not using a macro, the damage values will be totally wrong. You can click the fire rate value to set a custon one, and you can click the spinning arrow to the rught to restet to the original value.

Status and critical probability are different than status and critical values. These values appears when you have a multishot mod and you checked the box, or when you are using a weapon firing multiple pellets (like shotgun). This probability value is the average chance of critical/status for 1 shot. I.E, with a Boar Prime, it says 72.75% critical probability. This is the probability of 1 pellet doing a critical hit. If you add a maximum multishot mod and check he box, it increases the number of pellets, and also increase the critical probability.

Also note that I still not fixed the burst weapons, but i'll soon.

Please report any problem you find, I made a lot of changes.

Thanks for updates. Now they seem way better.

One thing I noticed is that let's say with Brakk when you add Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent the critical probability goes up to 98.61%. But when I'm adding Pistol Gambit it goes to 99.99% critical probability and the damage increase is like +5 which is totally incorrect. Let me know if I am missing something.

I don't get why you want to calculate the critical probability this way. For status I can understand because it matters when you proc an elemental effect. But for criticals why? It's not like we have a berserker mod for shotguns anyway. Imo this critical probability makes it more complicated to understand.

It's 99.99% to have 1 pellet doing a critical hit. So from 98.61% to 99.99% you gain something like 1.4% damage for 1 pellet, so total damage / pellet. I may have done some mistakes but it'(s how it's supposed to work.

It's 99.99% to have 1 pellet doing a critical hit. So from 98.61% to 99.99% you gain something like 1.4% damage for 1 pellet, so total damage / pellet. I may have done some mistakes but it'(s how it's supposed to work.

Which still doesn't make much sense because if you put the crit chance mod the increase in total damage is way higher than what it's written.

Also you didn't answer my question about why is it needed to calculate the critical per pellet instead of the full critical chance of the weapon? Where does this help?

Also, what about the chance for more than one pellet to critically hit?

I think you should just treat shotguns as any weapon, crit chance of pellet * crit damage multiplier * base damage of all pellets will give the same average dps. You just have to realize its less polarized damage per shot, as you'll get anywhere from no pellets critting to all of them critting.

I suppose you could do Crit chance of pellet * damage of pellet * crit multiplier * number of pellets, but the number of pellets * the damage per pellet is just the full modified damage anyways.

Edited by Darzk

Thanks for the great tool, one small request, the click and drag mechanic does not currently function on mobile devices. Could there be a popup asking for which slot to put the card into, or a workaround to get click drag working on mobile browsers, here are some suggestions to get around it, 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3172100/html-drag-and-drop-on-mobile-devices

It would be awesome to be able to use a tablet to fiddle with setups in your webapp, while playing the game on PC/PS4. 

Thanks for the great tool, one small request, the click and drag mechanic does not currently function on mobile devices. Could there be a popup asking for which slot to put the card into, or a workaround to get click drag working on mobile browsers, here are some suggestions to get around it, 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3172100/html-drag-and-drop-on-mobile-devices

It would be awesome to be able to use a tablet to fiddle with setups in your webapp, while playing the game on PC/PS4. 

AFAIK it is not designed to work with mobile devices. There's a damage calculation function in Warframe Utility for Android, though.

Also, I think, that the userbase, saving builds, rating them, and stuff like that is current priority. Maybe mobile version will be the next step? Well, only the developer himself can answer this question.

Edited by Angius

Yeah I won't work on mobile version because it's too much work and I have already a lot. This implies to redo all the drag and drop feature, and unless jQuery provides an easy way to adapt the drag and drop for mobile devices (this should be possible if I follow your link), don't expect an update anytime soon, unfortunately.

As for the shotguns, the in game value is also a value based on the pellet count. When it says 40% and you know you have 8 pellets, it's 5% per pellet. It's a pretty basic calculation that does not reflect the reality. So I'm not sure I can calculate this differently than the way I do it at the moment. I can maybe think of a way to display the chance of having a second pellet doing a critical, then a third, but it will be done later.

Edit : As far as i know, each pellet deals total damage / number of pellet. Am I wrong ?

Edited by Stoi84

Do you plan to add proper armor support in for the Grineer faction and damage calculation in the "Report" thing?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Can you detail what you mean ?

Edited by Stoi84

For example, if the target has 500 armor, how much damage would each damage type actually do and your actual total damage combined due to armor mitigation. This could be implemented by allow the user to input an armor value which would then be used to calculate armor mitigation for each damage type, which could then be multiplied by the current values shown by the Report button to get an accurate damage estimate for that armor value and type.

Ex.

Armor = _____

We'll say Armor = X

Then for each damage type, you would take the current numbers (let's say each one is Y for each damage type) and multiply it by the mitigation calculated by X.

Then you could probably compress the chart into 3 columns, Ferrite + Cloned Flesh and Alloy + Cloned Flesh, since you virtually never see Cloned Flesh alone unless you get an absurd number of procs. Or you could leave it as is.

It would just be a nice little something to have. Basically an armor variable driven calculator of the stuff we talk about in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187258-viral-vs-grineer/page-2. To be honest if you made yourself a little database of enemy values it probably would not be too much more to create a full blown TTK calculator for various enemies of varying levels, though it would not include procs and probably be inaccurate for melees. I was thinking of making one myself but your website is pretty nice from what I've seen lol. No need to build from scratch when it looks possible to just modify something that already exists.

Edited by omgwtflolbbl

I'm pretty sure that the critical chances listed in game are the chance each pellet has of scoring a critical.  This is in contrast to the status chances listed in game which are the chance of at least one shot causing a status effect.  I guess they used different conventions because stacking criticals makes a big difference to the damage so the individual chance is important while multiple status procs occurring might not be that relevant and the chance of getting at least 1 stagger/bleed/ignite is more useful (maybe).  You can test this by taking an other wise un-modded shotgun and adding Hell's Chamber.  The damage values and status chance will increase with the number of pellets but the listed critical chance will not change as it is still the same for each pellet.

As an aside, I'm also pretty sure that multi-shot with shotguns adds the number of pellets times the multi-shot chance rather than a separate chance per pellet.  For example if I have a shotgun firing 6 pellets and add 120% multi-shot I get an additional 7.2 pellets or 7 pellets with a 20% chance of an 8th.  It is not 6 separate chances at 20% to get an extra pellet. I don't know if that will affect how you work out total damage at all but it means that weapons such as the Brakk that have a multiple of 5 pellets have consistent damage output.  In the case of the Brakk with 10 pellets it gets an extra 2 per level of Barrel Diffusion and an extra 1 per level of Lethal Torrent.  With both of those a max it will always fire 28 pellets as opposed to firing 20 pellets and having 10 chances at 80% to fire another.

I'm pretty sure that the critical chances listed in game are the chance each pellet has of scoring a critical. 

No, it has been officially confirmed to me (source DE) that 40% and 8 pellets means 5% per pellet. By the way, these values were updated recently in the codex, previously it was showing the critical chance of 1 pellet.

And yes, the critical chance for each pellet is always the same, but the higher the pellet count is, the higher is the chance that 1 pellet will do a critical hit. This is what is displayed at the moment in the builder, the critical probability.

I also agree with the multishot, this is how it is supposed to work at the moment. It'll show a number of pellets with a decimal if needed.

http://goo.gl/dmrli6

Check the multishot box, 28 pellets.

It still has an issue with the crit chance mod. In the build you posted above this post (with the 2 multishots) click the multishot box and see the critical probability value (98.61%) and then try to add pistol gambit.  It just caps on 99.99% which, if I'm not wrong, that you have 99.99% chance that from 28 pellets one of them is going to crit. But this doesn't really matter because it doesn't show the overall crit in the dps as there is no possible way in a weapon with a total of 15% crit chance to add a mod for 120% crit chance and have an increase in dps of ONLY 61 damage.

http://goo.gl/ivK12j

Try this and add Pistol Gambit max. You'll see that the burst dps goes from 48430 to 48491 when you add to the weapon 120% critical chance. Do you think this is correct? I have already told you about this. Which comes down to what Darzk asked some posts above.

Yes, this I what I said some posts ago, I'll think of a way to show the chances for other pellets to do a critical hit or something like this when we reach 99.99%, but in any case, for the shotguns, the damage values with the critical box checked will be a little less accurate. But I already have a lot of work and this is something more complex to calculate.

Edited by Stoi84