Stoi84

Warframe Builder

Unless I am absolutely terrible at math, the elemental combo calculations are still extremely borked. Or at least they are for secondaries. Here are two Akjagara Builds

No Ele Combo, 60+90 - 6406 total damage

* Viral Combo, 60+60 - 12590 total damage

Clearly something is off, very off. The 60/60 combo should have only 5850 total damage.

Posted (edited)

I released another fix for the elemental damage. Let me know if it broke something else.

Edit: I maybe saw another problem with weapons that have an innate elemental combination as base damage. If a weapon has Magnetic as innate damage and if you add a mod with +electricity, does it boost the magnetic or do you have a separate +electricity bonus?

Edited by Stoi84

2 hours ago, Stoi84 said:

If a weapon has Magnetic as innate damage and if you add a mod with +electricity, does it boost the magnetic or do you have a separate +electricity bonus?

It gives a separate electricity bonus. Once you add a cold damage mod to turn it into magnetic it does combine back with the innate magnetic at least.

Posted (edited)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451710586967949314/558878542084046851/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451710586967949314/558886582799695872/unknown.png

It's strange, because it seems to differ exponentially. Only a difference of 1.2 for one and 2.4 for the other, but modding further for max damage gives a sustained DPS of 280k, which isn't correct.

Edited by Heart_Thirteen

Posted (edited)
Il y a 7 heures, Heart_Thirteen a dit :

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451710586967949314/558878542084046851/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451710586967949314/558886582799695872/unknown.png

It's strange, because it seems to differ exponentially. Only a difference of 1.2 for one and 2.4 for the other, but modding further for max damage gives a sustained DPS of 280k, which isn't correct.

I noticed this too. Unless I'm wrong, that's something within the game related to how numbers are rounded. If I do the maths and correct me if I'm wrong, for the corrosive damage.

20 (base damage) * 4.683 (bonus from damage mods (1+1.65+2.033)) * 1.9 (multishot) = 177.954

The game uses 4.65 instead of 4.683 to display the damage bonus from the mods.

20*4.65*1.9 = 176.7

Now the real question is, is the value rounded for the real damage calculation too, or not? That's would be a bad move because that would mean some values on the mods don't give the bonus they really should, and that's probably very difficult to test. For now, I'll stick with more precision, even if it means having numbers that are a bit different from what you can see in the arsenal. If it's proven that the damage calculated when the bullet hits the monster is also affected by the rounding, I'll change it.

Il y a 5 heures, hyouga2025 a dit :

The calculation on the intrinsically assigned attributes of weapons with inherent elemental damage such as ATOMOS is incorrect
https://gyazo.com/da4c0860ffa56aa17619377d1fc21a2f
https://gyazo.com/4c9371851298fdc55091f22fb1a29167
https://gyazo.com/d124dd366efb8f4ec897f6882db67ed7

Yeah, I started to try to fix the elemental damage for a new case that is going to become more and more common, but each time I fix something, I break something else. This process is normal because of a lot of factors, including mainly a crappy code and the lack of numbers (remember, I don't play Warframe anymore). So continue to report any problem you find, each example provided helps to understand how I must change the code. (Letting me know that you tested and found no problems helps too).

Along with this message, I released another fix that should be another step, I hope, in the good direction. I expect a few things may still not work, but I started to understand how this should be calculated to work in all the cases, the problem is that I'm fixing a sinking boat, aka my alpha code from 5 years ago, so it's hard to say when everything will work without issues.

Edited by Stoi84
  • Like 1

The Lanka seems to be broken. It only has a 3x zoom in the dropdown and selecting it doesn't increase crit chance.

il y a une heure, --N-- a dit :

The Lanka seems to be broken. It only has a 3x zoom in the dropdown and selecting it doesn't increase crit chance.

I think I know what's causing the issue, it's the recent update to have the drop-down instead of the link, to switch between the different tabs. I'll have a look into this when I have the time.

Posted (edited)

And what if you untick the boxes to exclude the critical and the damage to Grineers from the math, which seem to not be displayed in the arsenal? I'm pretty sure you can trust Warframe Builder if you do that https://imgur.com/a/kPCjMtD (And by the way, you were talking about the Opticor vandal)

I fixed the issue with the Lanka, by the way.

Edited by Stoi84
  • Upvote 1

I admit the title was harsh, but how come the status in game and in warframe builder are diffrent? 

The base value is 36% on Warframe Builder, and it seems it's 30% on the wiki. That's a recent weapon, it's possible I made a typo while entering the stats and it went unnoticed until now, or maybe it was balanced just after the release, or maybe there as a typo on the wiki at the time I added the weapon. No way to know, but these extra 6% are probably the cause of the difference. I'll fix this tomorrow if it's confirmed to be 30%, it's late here in my country.

• Like 1

The mod Weeping wounds does not seem to be working.  No matter what weapon i put it on or what i set the combo counter to, the status chance does not change

4 hours ago, Stoi84 said:

And what if you untick the boxes to exclude the critical and the damage to Grineers from the math, which seem to not be displayed in the arsenal? I'm pretty sure you can trust Warframe Builder if you do that https://imgur.com/a/kPCjMtD (And by the way, you were talking about the Opticor vandal)

I fixed the issue with the Lanka, by the way.

Thank you!

The Amprex is a primary weapon and the Slip Magazine mod is for pistols, this is why you can't find this mod for this weapon.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-24 at 7:09 AM, knighthawke said:

The mod Weeping wounds does not seem to be working.  No matter what weapon i put it on or what i set the combo counter to, the status chance does not change

Seconding this

On 2019-03-24 at 11:03 AM, Stoi84 said:

The Amprex is a primary weapon and the Slip Magazine mod is for pistols, this is why you can't find this mod for this weapon.

Uh... do you have a towel? I'd like to wipe the egg off my face. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll take the walk of shame now...

Le 24/03/2019 à 07:09, knighthawke a dit :

Il y a 15 heures, StickyBaseline a dit :

Seconding this

This will be in the next update, though no ETA yet.

First of all, thank you very much for all the work.

I've noticed that since the update with the dropdown menu for the fire mode, weapons like Opticor have two different values for charged. When you open a saved build, my build does around 40k dps, when I switch to explosion and back to charged it has around 70k. From my own calculation, the 40k value seems more realistic but im still confused.

Also, it seems that the mod sharpshooter is not available.

I found a few bugs with some of the calculations on Hildryn's abilities:

• Baelfire
    • Damage is affected by ability strength
    • Explosion radius is affected by ability range
  • Haven
    • Link radius is affected by ability range

Posted (edited)
il y a une heure, Almalexian a dit :

I'll have a look into this. I think 70k is the right value (edit: assuming the delay mentioned below no longer exists), it's just not calculated correctly due to an old part of the code not working with the recent changes.

Edit: The issue comes from the fact that when you switch tabs, the range slider for the charged shot goes from 0 to 100 instead of 50 to 100. This will be fixed in the next update at the latest, but I'll maybe push an update for this before.

il y a une heure, (PS4)ru2cool a dit :

I found a few bugs with some of the calculations on Hildryn's abilities:

• Baelfire
    • Damage is affected by ability strength
    • Explosion radius is affected by ability range
  • Haven
    • Link radius is affected by ability range

I'll have a look at this in the next update.

---------------------

Edit: Another question about the Opticor. This weapon seemed to have a delay between the shots at some point, is it still the case? If so, any data on what the delay is? Right now, there's a 0.6s delay between in each charge, on Warframe Builder, that is affecting the burst DPS. I'm not sure if this delay still exists. If this delay exists, does it exist for all the charged weapons? It is consistent or weapon based?

Edited by Stoi84