Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking With Your Melee Weapon... What Does It Do?

Solanius

I ran some tests in-game with different weapon.

Caloris mission, left one Grineer Lancer alive.

Bullet deflecting actually blocks incoming range damage. 220 shield Excalibur with some weapons (Amphis, Fang, Cronus, and Scindo)

The usual bursts reduce my shield by 50. When blocked, damage was reduced to 30-35. However, I think it's tied to attack speed since Fang was extremey effective at reducing damage while Scindo barely reduced any damage. Amphis also didn't reduce any damage.

Need further testing since it could be biased.

Thanks for this. But I think you're right on that weapons speed. I use the single Heat Sword. As I've been enhancing it's fire rate I've noticed the bullet deflection animation is a lot faster. And it seems to be more effective now.

I really wonder if enemies take dmg for deflected bullets. If so then I would like a melee mod to enhance my accuracy when delfection bullets so they have more of chance of hitting enemies.

Edited by RawGritz

certainly the system needs improvement in that it'd be nice to be able to block/parry/counter attack faster

but the blocking feature is badass and im liking it, even if i dont use it very often, i like that it's there

making blocking smoother and adding thiings like a kip-up from being knocked down is really going to make our gameplay that much smoother and bring us closer to living out the trailer =]

I can't really tell because the way the enemies shoot is pretty inconsistent.

But the Bo does seem to be pretty effective at blocking.

It's either more effective than a skana or they are actually just equal and I couldn't get a similar shooting scenario.

[quote name=Yanga' timestamp='136

3782265' post='145648]

If it has the same blocking system as a different game I can think of.... basically the blade (or whatever melee weapon you use) is moved swiftly enough to absorb all the bullets that make contact to it to prevent any direct hits. Which = no damage taken in on you directly. If a Melee attacks you, then it's just considered a Parry in which staggers the opponent that attacks (Haven't use it yet so just taking guesses)

will the game that you are talking about called "Gunz the dual"? That's a awesome old game that quite similar to warframe!

will the game that you are talking about called "Gunz the dual"? That's a awesome old game that quite similar to warframe!

Yup.... Blocking system is better on it though because it blocks melee too.... this game doesn't block that and it blocks a small amount of bullet :L

Useful a little bit in small gun fights when you're slightly out numbered... but if the whole room is full, then you're pretty much screwed if you try to block them all.

Actually for me is useless right now, I get the same damage without bolcking, while blocking, which is ridiculous (lvl 30 Jaw Sword, dual heat swords and plasma sword, all modded) would be great if the blocking actually block any oncomig damage, but for a bit higher cost of stamina, and without draining it while you are in this stance and you're not taking any damage. and make the stamina recharge a bit slower when it's drained by blocking, that would make it more useful, and wuld actually help us a lot, since the game became harder

Same here. Parrying bullets doesn't seem to make much difference, if any. I seem to lose shields at pretty much the same pace. I tried it a few times to block enemy melee attacks and no effect, I got damaged all the same or knocked down. Either this feature is bugged or it needs some serious tuning.

The blocking animations look silly, there's no real feedback. I cant see my characer actually deflect bullets (note: I only did this with my Gram and Fang, maybe it looks better with a Cronus or Heat Sword or something?).

As it is now, it just looks like my character is flailing his weapon in a silly way, like that Star Wars kid

Blocking animation speed up with higher rate of fire. So add mods if you want to use it more effectively.

Cronus and Heatsword are pretty fast. Feed them mods and the bullet deflection works better and the animation for deflecting speeds up.