Warframe Percentage Scaling on Shields

Sargeron

As it is currently:

- % shield mods DO NOT add together, they multiply off themselves (100*(1.5*1.5) = 225) instead of (100*(1.5+1.5) = 200)

- exponential increases (starts weak, gets out of control)

I'm currently running a maxed Volt warframe with multiple shield mods (most 70%) and it seems kinda silly that i'm running around with over 5000 shields. At this point I can safely say I cannot die under any circumstances (save an Ancient Disruptor). Bear in mind this only took me less than 48 hours to acquire.

I personally would prefer to see an additive increase rather than multiplicative on shield mods for the following reasons:

- Easier to balance

- Easier for players to understand

- Less complicated mathematic

- Less of a curve from lower difficulties to higher

Besides shielding, it also begs the question; do all percentage based gains scale exponentially? I haven't done the testing to find out for myself, but once again, it would make balance neigh impossible and just overall frustrating for not just the players but for you guys as well.

tl;dr please don't use exponential gains.

s8v2H.jpg

Edited by Sargeron

I think it's awesome. There's no pvp so it's not a bad thing at all.

If anything just buff up the enemies a bit.

Mmh you mean scaling enemies basing on the resistance of the players? That's kinda hard.

My suggestion is to change the way mods stack but eventually make mods go over +100% at high levels, thus making an overpowered guy/team face an overpowered boss.

I'm a lvl 23 volt and I have 1026 shields, everything but jackal's bombs is a joke to me (well sometimes when soloing it is hard, but oh well)

It seems op now, but once we get higher and higher levels it will balance out. Remember you only have 8 modslots, so you can only increase your shield oh so much. Plus if you place all shield capacity mods, you will be at a disadvantage compared to other WF with variety.

It seems op now, but once we get higher and higher levels it will balance out. Remember you only have 8 modslots, so you can only increase your shield oh so much. Plus if you place all shield capacity mods, you will be at a disadvantage compared to other WF with variety.

I've got over 8k shields, and I still find myself having difficulty on Pluto.

Keep in mind that at a certain point, you still have to regen as much shield as you came in with.

This means that over the long run, once your shields go down, you rarely have the luxury of just sitting still and letting your shields regen like low shield builds do.

This means you effectively even out over time with other WFs, since everyone regens shield at approx. the same rate.

I agree that at higher and higher levels, your shield drops faster and faster. On Hades, for that boss battle, you could have 10k shields, and that boss will still be difficult to solo without dying if he gets you into a loop with his kick/pull skill.

That said, every other level becomes an absolute cake walk.

Also, no other WF mods are really that useful.

Armor is useless, since if your shields drop, you're screwed 80% of the time anyway, and shields regenerate, HP doesn't, so which do you think makes the better damage soak?

Melee damage is pretty good, but with more shields, you can either ignore mobs, or you can melee them down and still have a shield surplus compared to equipping MD% mods.

Power efficiency never comes in a big enough % to increase your number of casts. Let me know if you find a 75% or higher, and then we'll talk.

For Power damage, you never find enough energy for powers to become a viable long term DPS solution, and again, survivability > DPS.

I've got over 8k shields, and I still find myself having difficulty on Pluto.

Keep in mind that at a certain point, you still have to regen as much shield as you came in with.

This means that over the long run, once your shields go down, you rarely have the luxury of just sitting still and letting your shields regen like low shield builds do.

This means you effectively even out over time with other WFs, since everyone regens shield at approx. the same rate.

I agree that at higher and higher levels, your shield drops faster and faster. On Hades, for that boss battle, you could have 10k shields, and that boss will still be difficult to solo without dying if he gets you into a loop with his kick/pull skill.

That said, every other level becomes an absolute cake walk.

Also, no other WF mods are really that useful.

Armor is useless, since if your shields drop, you're screwed 80% of the time anyway, and shields regenerate, HP doesn't, so which do you think makes the better damage soak?

Melee damage is pretty good, but with more shields, you can either ignore mobs, or you can melee them down and still have a shield surplus compared to equipping MD% mods.

Power efficiency never comes in a big enough % to increase your number of casts. Let me know if you find a 75% or higher, and then we'll talk.

For Power damage, you never find enough energy for powers to become a viable long term DPS solution, and again, survivability > DPS.

If your trinity, you can spam an ability that gives you 100% health AND sheilds PLUS 5 seconds of invulnrebility....FOR YOUR ENTIRE TEAM.

Just tag an an enemy with energy vampire and kill it, you have a infinate source of energy to spam your OP ultimate. I can safely solo face tank any boss in game with my 4k sheilds. Lets see if I can get 8k.

The multiplacative percentage modifier does apply to other bonuses. If you think having 5000 shields makes the game easy, try stacking 5 +75% melee damage mods and one shotting everything in Pluto, except the boss, which might take 5 or so swings.

i figure i should mention this, with just 5k shields i can solo every boss in the game with a full group of people, i solo'd the pluto boss on hades multiple times with it being over level 100 without even breaking so much as a sweat.

I have to say I was wondering about shields since when I hit over 1500 it seem like the amounts where exponential. So thanks for clarifying.

However my perspective on it isn't that it should be nerfed. I love to stat build something and have options that allow for and even encourage cheesing out (Overpowered is what the kids call it) ... So when i saw the increase on shields do its magic it made me excited for when there is a richer range of stats to build. Does anyone know if the mentioned Melee damage focus works?

So please don't nerf the shields, Stat focusing should always have a slight reward.

More Stamina bar would be great, havn't seen it but has anyone found a mod for it?