Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Posting Pictures, Spoilers And More!

BenzinNinJa

Question

In order to avoid any confusion, I would like to point out, that this is merely a humble guide, and not any contest of any kind.

If you have direction and images for how to do this in other browsers than the ones I have mentioned feel free to PM me, and i'll add it to the guide. You can also PM me if you want something else added to the guide.

And now... With the formalities out of the way, let's get on to the good stuff!

This guide uses the site www.imgur.com, wich has a nifty feature, in that it does the BBcode work for you.
I'll do a brief talk about using BBcode in general, in the end of the guide.

But what if I don't wanna use imgur?
Check out the bottom of the guide, i'll show you how to get your direct links for whatever image you want.

1: Go to www.imgur.com
2: On the top, click on "Upload images"
bLrLJpU.png

3: Click on "Browse your computer"
ptLBjXi.png

4: Select your image and click "Open".
Imgur2.png

5: Click on "Start upload"
Imgur3.png

6: Once the upload is complete, you should have a box on the right hand side containing some links and codes
Imgur4.png

7: Copy the text from the "BBcode" field and insert it into your post.

That's it. you should be done now.

8: If you don't have the box with the BBcode, click on "Get embeded codes" just below the picture. The site will refresh and you should have the codes on the right hand side, as described in step 5.
Imgur5.png

You can post pictures from just about any website, as long as you have the direct link to the picture.
You just need to incase the link to the picture with the IMG tags, as seen in step 5.

It is also worth noting, that in step 3, you can drag pictures from your computer on the to imgur website, in stead of chosing to Browse your computer. The end result will be the same.

Since my guide has taken the place in the guide collection, where Ced23Ric's overall guide to forum BBcode once was, I'm going to link it here, because it's a nice guide, and it explains some of the other features the forums offers.

What if I want to take a screenshot without the user interface?
1. Turn off the interface for the in-built screenshot function (F6), by accessing the settings menu.
interface.png

2. Find your screenshots in the folder called Warframe, in your picture folder
Interface_2.png

But what if I'm not using imgur?
Here's how you can go about it.

Using IE?
Well get a propper browser...

1. Right click your image and select properties
Ie1.jpg

2. Copy the Adress (URL) text
Ie2.jpg

3. Squeeze it in between the image tags

Using Firefox?
1. Right click your image, and click on Copy image location

FF1.jpg
Picture curtesey of Draisel

2. Squeeze it in between the image tags

Using Chrome?
1. Right click your image, and click on Copy image URL

Chrome1.jpg
Picture curtesey of Draisel

2. Squeeze it in between the image tags
[/spoiler

But how do I post youtube videos?
You do this...
1. Go to youtube
2. Find the movie you want to post
3. Copy the link from the adress bar in the top of your browser
4. do like this:
[media]https://youtu.be/s3zjRcMnRNY[/media]

And this is the result:

Spoilers, how do they work?
It's much like posting pictures, but instead of typing IMG in the tags, you type SPOILER (not case sensitive).

[spoiler] whatever text you want in your spoiler [/spoiler]

[/spoiler

So how do I use BBcode to make my everyday forum life more awesome?
BBcode works with tags. I've previously mentioned image tags, but a tag can also do other things that post images, such as bold text, making spoilers, and more.
A tag surrounds whatever you want it to have an effect on. the beginning and ending tag are almost identical, except for the one at the end has a / (a slash) right after the first [ (bracket)

[b] now everything from here on will become bold [/b] and this text isn't.
now everything from here on will become bold and this text isn't.

For a list of other things you can use in tags, have a look here:
Or maybe here:
If you looked at the second link, send a happy thought to CaptainPeanut

You make bokses like this one, by using the [code] and [/code] tag. With this tag, the forum doesn't actually do what your tags are supposed to do, and only shows the text. It's handy when explaining how to use tags
Why the color of my text is changing, I don't know. I didn't tell it to do that.
That also servers as an example of BBcode sometimes acting up a bit.
Drandko has explained to me, that the text changes color due to some predefined meaning of specific symbols in programming. Apostrophes is an example. They are also the reason why some of the text in the box above is green. Anything in between the two apostrophes will be green.
It has no practical impact on anything, and is (for our purposes) purely cosmetic.
Edited by BenzinNinJa
Forum update seems to have done something to the BB code of the guide. - Fixed

so... if I hit 'prt scrn' button in warframe.. I get a black square when I copy and paste into paint. 

I switch to my desktop and hit the same button and I get a picture of the screen.

Any help?

STEP 5: Click on "Start upload"
Imgur3.png

STEP 6: Once the upload is complete, you should have a box on the right hand side containing some links and codes

Imgur4.png

You can post pictures from just about any website, as long as you have the direct link to the picture.
You just need to incase the link to the picture with the IMG tags, as seen in step 5.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39065-guide-how-to-use-bb-code-in-the-forums

in step 6 !

regards, ~5hino~

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1