The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Psychic Bolts

(PSN)Hemokinesis

sorry, but psychic bolts are really useless. I think DE should replace it with anything else, which helps the player more.... like creating an image of your frame to your left and your right, so that the fire is not hitting you the face..

lol its come to the point where people think to their self.....maybe...im not using this power right

nope.

it's just useless

edit:  and it will probably stay useless.......I doubt they will beef it up to Ash's Shuriken (sp) levels or above

Edited by Ishki88

As stated by the posts above, Physic bolts are useless. It's nonsensical to put such a limited damage ability on a Warframe that was made to excel in CC, the 50 energy cost for the bolts is insult to injury. Lack of power and CC doesn't justify it's use and mod slot. 

Physic bolts could be effective if it had 100% Radiation Proc, the Radiation falls in line with Nyx's CC speciality. Also the Bolts would bounce around or back and forth in groups of enemies for 7 secs applying Radiation and do X% of Armor of the enemies current level as damage each time it hits and make the damage on Armor stack. 

If you play Nyx, your only useful skill is chaos in general. 

Some said absorb is good, really? I used absorb on Nyx and took me quite a bit in meditation mode. The other players come and kill all the mobs. I released my absorb and there's nothing to kill. It's felt incredibly lame. 

now don't get me wrong, absorb is quite useful against bunches of mobs surround you, but in general....it is not. 

For psychic bolts, it only help when you in a hurry and don't have enough energy to use chaos or absorb.

It's a 2nd skill, of course the damage is not that great. 

As stated by the posts above, Physic bolts are useless. It's nonsensical to put such a limited damage ability on a Warframe that was made to excel in CC, the 50 energy cost for the bolts is insult to injury. Lack of power and CC doesn't justify it's use and mod slot. 

Physic bolts could be effective if it had 100% Radiation Proc, the Radiation falls in line with Nyx's CC speciality. Also the Bolts would bounce around or back and forth in groups of enemies for 7 secs applying Radiation and do X% of Armor of the enemies current level as damage each time it hits and make the damage on Armor stack. 

Is it strange that I was thinking the same thing? It would make Psychic Bolts stand out a lot more if they "swarmed" their targets, hitting them multiple times until their duration runs out, as well as having a very high radiation proc chance that could cause them to turn on their allies.

At the very least they could bring the cost down to 25 and give them punch-through to go through solid objects.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Why even make them projectiles? Why not just have Nyx instantly hit three targets with X meters for Y damage ilke an actual psychic attack. Change the name to "Mind F***" or something equally evocative.

Edited by Nenjin

Is it strange that I was thinking the same thing? It would make Psychic Bolts stand out a lot more if they "swarmed" their targets, hitting them multiple times until their duration runs out, as well as having a very high radiation proc chance that could cause them to turn on their allies.

At the very least they could bring the cost down to 25 and give them punch-through to go through solid objects.

If it did have those ideas, I think the CC, damage etc justifies the 50 energy. As Bolts would be a far better version of Mind Control

If it did have those ideas, I think the CC, damage etc justifies the 50 energy. As Bolts would be a far better version of Mind Control

I was saying they could go either way; either make psychic bolts into a badass radioactive mind-bee attack for 50 energy, or just leave it a generic damage attack but reduce the cost and add punch-through.

Absorb is ridiculously good in Infested Defense and Survival missions at waves 40+ and minute 40+, respectively. Mind Control would be good if it could be multicast and teammates were incapable of damaging the mind controlled targets. Chaos is useful because it, you know, kinda nullifies the damage potential of every enemy within its radius.

Psychic Bolts? I stick a Constitution where it should go. I think everyone unanimously doesn't like it. Here's an idea. Rename it to Psychic Bees, and turn it to a toggle on/off ability. When it's toggled on, any enemies killed by Nyx release 2/3/4/5 bees, each of which seek out enemies and deal 12.5/25/50/100% of their max health as Radiation/Slash damage. I would play the unholy hell out of that ability.

Absorb is ridiculously good in Infested Defense and Survival missions at waves 40+ and minute 40+, respectively. Mind Control would be good if it could be multicast and teammates were incapable of damaging the mind controlled targets. Chaos is useful because it, you know, kinda nullifies the damage potential of every enemy within its radius.

Psychic Bolts? I stick a Constitution where it should go. I think everyone unanimously doesn't like it. Here's an idea. Rename it to Psychic Bees, and turn it to a toggle on/off ability. When it's toggled on, any enemies killed by Nyx release 2/3/4/5 bees, each of which seek out enemies and deal 12.5/25/50/100% of their max health as Radiation/Slash damage. I would play the unholy hell out of that ability.

In response to your "Physic Bees".

Nyx's main priority is CC

In High lvls: CC and Utility > Damage. 

What if Nyx doesn't even kill any enemies? Or what if a Nova just M primes?

Physic bolts needs to work as a CC regardless if Nyx kills anything or not. 

Replace with "Phobia".

Enemies within X meters are given mental images of their worst fears. Affected enemies have a chance to either run screaming, fall over, or cringe in terror until the effect wears off.

Edited by Momaw

Lol @phobia an amusing feature it would be,nevertheless, anything would be better than.. What's the name again?.. Oh yes psychic bolts. I have forgotten that move and never even used it after the first 3 times I tried it. Rework it or completely change it, that move does no one justice. Truth be told a lot of moves need attention and this one should def be on the list.

If you play Nyx, your only useful skill is chaos in general. 

Some said absorb is good, really? I used absorb on Nyx and took me quite a bit in meditation mode. The other players come and kill all the mobs. I released my absorb and there's nothing to kill. It's felt incredibly lame. 

now don't get me wrong, absorb is quite useful against bunches of mobs surround you, but in general....it is not. 

For psychic bolts, it only help when you in a hurry and don't have enough energy to use chaos or absorb.

It's a 2nd skill, of course the damage is not that great. 

Saying absorb is bad is ignorant.

How's this for a replacement:

[name]: Nyx creates a radial blast around her target, causing all enemies within WW range to be slowed by XX% for YY seconds. Upon the death of an enemy, they release a secondary blast of ZZ range, transferring the remaining duration.

Basically a pure-CC version of M-Prime

Giving them guaranteed Radiation Proc would be perfect. You'd use it to sow chaos in the enemy ranks.... like 2 of her other skills, just on a different scale. Then the damage is just a bonus.

Doesn't Radiation do the exact same thing as Chaos though? Just it looks different?

How about they merge Mind Control and Psychic Bolts. Each target the bolt hits becomes subservient to Nyx, so Mind Control is spammable instead of the relatively useless ability it currently is. While I'm talking about mind control, it still needs to have a friendly-fire check in place so teammates don't run around shredding your pet ancients.

Doesn't Radiation do the exact same thing as Chaos though? Just it looks different?

How about they merge Mind Control and Psychic Bolts. Each target the bolt hits becomes subservient to Nyx, so Mind Control is spammable instead of the relatively useless ability it currently is. While I'm talking about mind control, it still needs to have a friendly-fire check in place so teammates don't run around shredding your pet ancients.

That's a good idea. The friendly fire check is a must lol unless you have a normal team you play with who knows what your doing. The A.I. is terrible under mind control,at least on ps4, most of the time he ll just stand there or look lost until you attack someone. If the enemies live through the duration of mind control would you just have them turn around and start killing you and your team? I would personally like to see a stammering effect after, like a 'what just happened to me?' kinda thing. I also like the radial blast mentioned,it would look cool if delivered right.