The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Rank 8 Mastery Test

(PSN)Steve1234123

I've been trying this with Excalibur and turned off hold x to wall run. In practice it was working but for some blasted reason my frame refused to wall run. It was mind boggling he just did not want to at all! Now I'm extremely angry. I know it can be done but what angers me the most is having to wait 24 bloody hours! It makes me not want to play! In fact it doesn't and thank the heavens for FF14 beta on PS4.

change the x jump to L1 then when you have the test done change it back

It can be done with the default controls. Not easily mind you, but it can be done. I was worried about this test since Mastery 5, and not trying to boast but I did it on my first attempt without using warframe abilities or "cheats". I did fail each of the first two sections once, but that was more to the I-pushed-the-x-button-but-it-did-not-register-a-jump scenario. For those having difficulty, (with the default controls setup) you can indeed run vertically up each wall and then stand on top, and walk that fine line to the end of that wall and then jump to the next platform. I saw a guy post this method in another thread, and I was with my friend when he took the test, we tried this method and I can indeed confirm that this method will work. As for the last platform, when you get to it, all you have to do is jump at it from underneath and if your head breaks the plane of the platform, when you fall to your "death", you will spawn on top of that last platform thereby completing the test.

It can be done with the default controls. Not easily mind you, but it can be done. I was worried about this test since Mastery 5, and not trying to boast but I did it on my first attempt without using warframe abilities or "cheats". I did fail each of the first two sections once, but that was more to the I-pushed-the-x-button-but-it-did-not-register-a-jump scenario. For those having difficulty, (with the default controls setup) you can indeed run vertically up each wall and then stand on top, and walk that fine line to the end of that wall and then jump to the next platform. I saw a guy post this method in another thread, and I was with my friend when he took the test, we tried this method and I can indeed confirm that this method will work. As for the last platform, when you get to it, all you have to do is jump at it from underneath and if your head breaks the plane of the platform, when you fall to your "death", you will spawn on top of that last platform thereby completing the test.

What you described is actually cheating the test but that's neither here nor there. A non cheat test would be running up the walls the way the test was intended.

But I will admit if you did do this by running up the walls and walking across the top of them ON THE FIRST TRY, then you are a mighty clever individual, and I applaud you for that!

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

What you described is actually cheating the test but that's neither here nor there. A non cheat test would be running up the walls the way the test was intended.

But I will admit if you did do this by running up the walls and walking across the top of them ON THE FIRST TRY, then you are a mighty clever individual, and I applaud you for that!

Might want to re-read sentence 3 of my post. And the walk along the top of the wall method I do not take credit for, as clearly pointed out in my post above. I highly encourage people to do it "the right way", but I am offering an alternative for those who have been stuck on this test for weeks or longer, and even more so for those who have considered giving up on the game altogether because they can't get past this challenge.

Guess what? I FAILED AGAIN! OMG seriously the character all of a sudden has a mind of its own! This time wall run then wouldn't wall run up properly *facepalm* and now I get to wait another 24hrs yay! I just bought FF 14 on the PC today I guess I wont bother playing Warframe until they sort this stupid thing out! I have no reason to play the game at all if I cannot get my mastery any higher until I pass this stupid insane test, to me its a total game breaker and I have no interest in playing any more until its sorted out. At least let me keep trying without having to wait 24hrs! Seriously!

Wall running needing fixed of its glitches would help a lot as of now try test log off to play ps3 new games now when infamous comes out and other ps4 games may log in days later. But maybe then they will fix that particular bug, but the fact that people look at more ways around the expected way shows it is broken

• 1 month later...

I seriously hate this test. I don't use Loki much, but I easily spent more than an hour trying to plant my decoy on the next platform. The power would go off/drain my energy, but the decoy wouldn't be on the platform. I even began advancing on the first set of walls to see if I needed to be closer and no success. I have tried it the normal way and cant even get past the first segment.

What really sucks is in the lab I worked hard to get all the stuff needed to build the Embolist, but now don't have a chance of ever doing that because of some agility+shooting test that is non-relevant in the game. 

I would frankly pay platinum just to pass this test if it is to much of an Ordeal for DE to bother with fixing/changing/removing it.

Does anyone know if when you are ready to rank up, if I keep ranking up other weapons, do those points count towards the next rankup

~ If I am ranking up new weapons I built, if a miracle happened and I could pass this test, would I be part of the way to the next Rank, or is it "stuck" until I manage to get Rank 8?

Thanks

Edited by (PS4)MisterLococco

Right, except that IMHO this is a worthless skill.I have never needed to wall run and shoot a target in this game in order to catapult myself to another wall run. Its the same to me as having to run around in a constant circle doing squats/teabagging different squares on the floor that light up. We could call that a "skill", but it is not represented in the game.

My idea of plat to pass this test

- makes them money

- keeps players engaged that are otherwise frustrated with this "skill" test

- no one "has"to do it, so the purists who love spending their time doing this over and over as opposed to playing the main part of the game can choose to waste their time on this. Frankly, I think if you manage to complete the test you should get a badge or something.

Does anyone know if when you are ready to rank up, if I keep ranking up other weapons, do those points count towards the next rankup

~ If I am ranking up new weapons I built, if a miracle happened and I could pass this test, would I be part of the way to the next Rank, or is it "stuck" until I manage to get Rank 8?

Thanks

Whatever affinity you acquire while trying to pass the test will carry over once you pass. Now, if you have been trying to pass it for so long that you would already qualify to take the next test immediately would be interesting...

Also, if you are really having that much trouble and are at the point of paying plat just to pass it, see post #28 above

Edited by (PS4)PoinTmaN_BingA

Right, except that IMHO this is a worthless skill.I have never needed to wall run and shoot a target in this game in order to catapult myself to another wall run. Its the same to me as having to run around in a constant circle doing squats/teabagging different squares on the floor that light up. We could call that a "skill", but it is not represented in the game.

My idea of plat to pass this test

- makes them money

- keeps players engaged that are otherwise frustrated with this "skill" test

- no one "has"to do it, so the purists who love spending their time doing this over and over as opposed to playing the main part of the game can choose to waste their time on this. Frankly, I think if you manage to complete the test you should get a badge or something.

there is a spot in the void that I do this all the time, especially when rushing a capture. Second, I passed this rank up test my first try. If you would like help, I'd be more than happy to teach you, and m on every day. The "badge" you get, is access to weapons and perks others don't get. People have been upset about this test since before it was made user friendly to ps4 players. It's easy once you start doing it, and I find myself using more and more of my environment. Running around spamming molecular prime and stomp doesn't constitute space ninja like wall running and gunning.

Pay to pass could result in impossible tests. That's fine though, you can just buy you skill instead of developing it.

Edited by (PS4)gutbrucer

Just adding one more +1,000,000 to this, any in game "test" should not require warframe specific exploits nor re-mapping ANY default controls, this test is pure trash. It needs to be removed entirely, and any 7's with double digit fails should automatically be made 8's. It's just downright pathetic.

You know the trick to beating this test is this.

You have to make a Loki that has long duration mods and Energy Syphon.

Put the decoy on top of the platform, and teleport to it. Walk across the platform and jump up.

Do it carefully. My friend did this on his first try.

the real trick is use any warframe except zephyr and get stamina mods Quick Rest, Acrobat, and Marathon.

While in mission press options, go to controller layout...and change your jump button to L1. I have passed this test twice in a row already( won't register that i have completed it though) with Oberon and its a piece of cake this way.

NOTE: I've failed 4 times before realizing this and i recommend only doing this button layout to avoid confusion in the future so change it back immediately unless you think its useful to you.

There are no tricks needed and no remapping. The test doesn't need to be removed. Its time to learn a new skill. Its time to learn to wallrun and shoot at the same time. If you don't want to learn and hone this skill, that's fine. You'll never pass the test either. You can continue to log in, attempt to pass the test with your Loki tricks and ignis, fail, and go back to farming in ODD without even trying to practice the skill you're supposed to utilize. Or, you can take the advice of people who have passed it. This doesn't need to be turned into a debate. The only thing DE should have done was changed it so when you initially start playing, you don't have to hold jump to wallrun. They've even went through to make wall running more fluent for the ps4 players, yet people still think this should be removed. I've posted several times that I'm willing to teach people how to wallrun and shoot successfully. Just message me on psn. Gutbrucer. Players have the motivation to get on the forums to groan about rank 8 injustices, but not to actually go learn how to do it. Stop being stubborn, take some time away from grinding, and practice.

Edited by (PS4)gutbrucer

There are no tricks needed and no remapping. The test doesn't need to be removed. Its time to learn a new skill. Its time to learn to wallrun and shoot at the same time. If you don't want to learn and hone this skill, that's fine. You'll never pass the test either. You can continue to log in, attempt to pass the test with your Loki tricks and ignis, fail, and go back to farming in ODD without even trying to practice the skill you're supposed to utilize. Or, you can take the advice of people who have passed it. This doesn't need to be turned into a debate. The only thing DE should have done was changed it so when you initially start playing, you don't have to hold jump to wallrun. They've even went through to make wall running more fluent for the ps4 players, yet people still think this should be removed. I've posted several times that I'm willing to teach people how to wallrun and shoot successfully. Just message me on psn. Gutbrucer. Players have the motivation to get on the forums to groan about rank 8 injustices, but not to actually go learn how to do it. Stop being stubborn, take some time away from grinding, and practice.

I provided a ligitimate solution for the test. Using a Loki. The problem with what you say is that you cannot practice for the test. You do it, then fail. Practice is something you can do over and over. I wouldn't call failing over and over practice. And this was a real problem, not sure if they update has fixed it.

I provided a ligitimate solution for the test. Using a Loki. The problem with what you say is that you cannot practice for the test. You do it, then fail. Practice is something you can do over and over. I wouldn't call failing over and over practice. And this was a real problem, not sure if they update has fixed it.

my mistake, I didn't realize that there aren't walls or guns out side of the rank 8 test...