The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Difference Between Acrid And Tysis?

LegendairyWarframe

Question

22 answers to this question

DE makes Flux, then nerfs it and replaces it with the infested version, Synapse.

DE makes Acrid, then nerfts it and replaces it with the infested version, Tysis.

Interesting...

Flux Rifle only got buffed. It was indirectly nerfed by Damage 2.0 because of Slash damage being what it is.

DE makes Flux, then nerfs it and replaces it with the infested version, Synapse.

DE makes Acrid, then nerfts it and replaces it with the infested version, Tysis.

Interesting...

Interesting thought.

I´ve has similar thoughts about Ogris and Penta. Although Ogris

is still stupifyingly powerfull, Penta is crtainly not far behind.

Maby nothing, but I don´t really belive in coincidences.

Regards,

Stormfinnare

Interesting thought.

I´ve has similar thoughts about Ogris and Penta. Although Ogris

is still stupifyingly powerfull, Penta is crtainly not far behind.

Maby nothing, but I don´t really belive in coincidences.

Regards,

Stormfinnare

Ogris good but not that great... by the time you charge your ogris I would of all ready cleared the whole room with my soma.  Now ammo efficiency for long games Ogris/penta wins for sure.

Interesting...

Not good for us, but.... thats good for DE business.. they're going to nerf synapse an tysis for new weapon so we can buy more slot, more catalyst, more fast build, more plat. 

so swats going to replace the ignis?

something infested that deals pure radiation damage, based on the trend:

Interesting...

the trend is adding electric damage

as someone who thoroughly enjoys status proc chance (my go-to weapons right now are Hek and Magnus. hek with blast+corrosive is very fun), this new weapon is intriguing, and since its base is a secondary element, you can have 3 elements on it at once. this gives it a nice niche and allows for some interesting status combos that may or may not increase its DPS drastically. viral+heat comes to mind for grineer, corpus is a little trickier because I think I'd prefer electricity on its own rather than with magnetic. but who knows, I'll have to test out if the shield drain is more worth it on higher level enemies, or the chain stun from electricity. I think blast+electricity will be the way to go against corpus, for the crowd control. I'm going to gas so many infested with this thing, then with corrosive and cold damage as well, I think that covers both sinew and fossilized ancients (that might be completely wrong, all I know is corrosive, cold, blast, and radiation are good against the ancients, I don't know which two elements go with which, though)

edit: but to answer the OP's actual question - acrid is bad now, and this thing will be more like pre-damage 2.0 acrid, but instead of stacking DoT's, you can stack status effects (though I think some of the DoT status effects do stack, so, yeah, it's the same, but with base corrosive instead of base toxin)

Edited by Wallace24

Ogris good but not that great... by the time you charge your ogris I would of all ready cleared the whole room with my soma.  Now ammo efficiency for long games Ogris/penta wins for sure.

I agree.

The only time i ever use Ogris is for Defense maps using my Vauban.

I pretty much oneshot everything up to wave 35 or so.

On regular missions I prefer the Synapse or as you say Soma.

Soma is a wonderfully fun weapon.

I would parehaps use Penta in regular missions, but I think its more

suited to defense with a little survival mixed in.

Regards,

Stormfinnare