Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Another Letter Towards All The Rage...

Torguish

Okay, while i agree with some people that the system right now is heavily flawed but it will get better. It's beta. It's suppost to be tested. And i get that you are upset, you have every right to be but think about it...

THE RESET:

First, people saying that the system made their uber sexy warframes basically level one, don't you realise that they could've done just a hard-reset? I mean, they warned that the new system will be very different and will replace the current one completely. They explained everything and when it happened, everone got mad.

Also, while i've burned up about 700k into my mods, my Nyx now has 300 shield, 400 hp and much much more goodies with +50% lightning damage and i can solo some bosses.

Those are not the only things ofc, but yeah. You can still be pretty strong. Just not as strong, aka, not as overpowered.

*cough* 150% sprint speed *cough*

THE WARFRAMES:

Second, people crying that your warframes have gotten weak? The whole point of this game is to be CO-OP, now suddenly mag players are crying that they can't wipe the whole room instantly or they can't solo rush bosses for the first time? Wake up people, the game is meant to be played by multiple players, with friend. Also, if you play more, farm mods little by little, you get pretty much just as strong. The weapons you have are now a lot stronger, i mean jesus christ i deal 150% different elemental damage and crits are just HUGE.

The point is that these Warframes have their identity a lot stronger. You play it correctly and you can manage. I've made jupiter wave 30 with my group and the endless defence. It was really, really cool with a ton of mods etc.. :P

THE MODS:

Third, to the people that cry about the new system. While i agree this system as of now, is really, really flawed and needs additions, tweaks and removals of all sorts. But that's exactly why beta test exists. So you can provide feedback and make the game work again. The core-essence is still there.

I've made my own suggestions that i think the new system needs and while i think about taking a break until it settles down, i want to help DE to get it fixed.

I mean, don't you agree that this system has a lot of potential? With correct balances and tweaks, this can really shine but people are just pushing it away because their characters got reset. Which is especially sad, especially from us master/grand master people.

The Sentinels:

Fourth. I feel for the people that don't like these buggers, i for one do and i do think they need to add some sort of an alternative. But is it that big of a deal? And comparing this to pokemon is just rediculous (this has happened). The Sentinels make sense in this universe and mostly the problems seem to be ''it block my view'' that can be cured by lowering the field of view just a tiny bit, are just blatant bandwagon ''i hate pokemon in games!'' type raging. I mean, it's the WoW pet-battle rage all over again.

Also this ''ninjas don't have this'' isn't very viable when you talk about cyber-exo-skeleton armors that are thousands of years in the future... :| Why can't they have these sentinels in the future?

Just, don't throw away a game like this and give these things a try. And if you don't like them, wait for it to be balanced.. really.. that's all you can do. But in my opinion, it shouldn't be a gamebreaking issue to have a little friend. They will be fixed and balanced.

Give DE time, they have a lot going right now. With PAX around the corner, they need support and patience. It's an awesome free game and people act like they bought something when they, themselves, chose to SUPPORT it. (Sorry for going a little off topic)

All in all:

Founders package was suppost to be support towards this game as it continues to expand. And from community development, to design and game development and even community service, this game has been my 100 bucks worth, even after the U7. I will continue to support it and i really, really hope you people will aswell.

Also, the game is still in beta. Blaming the game for mistakes, bugs and big changes is just really stupid.

You should be happy to even have this game. I mean, it's awesome, it's free and it's a project the people decided to pull out of the gutter because they thought it was cool..

Not to mention, we are going to get our hard-reset which is optional. That is what most of you still want, isn't it? ^^

Thank you DE!

And hopefully you persistant ones stay on board and make the game blossom even more once again! :)

Persistance people! :D

Edited by Torguish

The problem I have with U7 is that I now feel like I just wasted a lot of time, effort, and money since I'm now back at "square one" with frame and weapon ranks being meaningless outside how many mods you can attach and how powerful the mods can be. For someone that doesn't have a whole lot of time to spend playing a game and/or farming for mods or who's play style tends to be exponentially different from most other players so they tend to play solo or with friends rather than PUGs the current system is a huge turn off. Maybe with time the new system might grow on me and new players might not take issue with it since they never got to experience the old system, but despite how much I enjoy the game as a whole I'm currently unhappy about the new Mod 2.0 system.

The problem I have with U7 is that I now feel like I just wasted a lot of time, effort, and money since I'm now back at "square one" with frame and weapon ranks being meaningless outside how many mods you can attach and how powerful the mods can be. For someone that doesn't have a whole lot of time to spend playing a game and/or farming for mods or who's play style tends to be exponentially different from most other players so they tend to play solo or with friends rather than PUGs the current system is a huge turn off. Maybe with time the new system might grow on me and new players might not take issue with it since they never got to experience the old system, but despite how much I enjoy the game as a whole I'm currently unhappy about the new Mod 2.0 system.

Yes and i'm fully aware of that problem. But the main and most important word there is ''currently''. It needs to evolve and be balanced. That's the point, we balance things to a point where it's good again. Isn't it? It needs tweaking.

They even said that the new system will be raw and flawed, how can you blame them for making mistakes when they knew about them and ask for our help to sort them out?

The point was also that you need patience, you shouldn't get mad over something that you know is bound to change. You should know what you step into when participate in beta events, specially when supporting them.

EDIT:

Also, i'm not saying that like everything, i have some problems with the new system but i still very much love the game. All i'm saying is that give DE a chance before throwing blatant assumptions how the game is now broken when it's still in development.

Edited by Torguish

Thank you for posting this, as I feel that you are right on with your points. So far, I have found that while it is a bit more of a learning curve, the risk is welcome and the buildup more rewarding.

I do hope they have a better tutorial for the mod system for release, but that should happen. For now I am fine explaining things to my friends and those who ask.

--

halofury36

Yes and i'm fully aware of that problem. But the main and most important word there is ''currently''. It needs to evolve and be balanced. That's the point, we balance things to a point where it's good again. Isn't it? It needs tweaking.

They even said that the new system will be raw and flawed, how can you blame them for making mistakes when they knew about them and ask for our help to sort them out?

The point was also that you need patience, you shouldn't get mad over something that you know is bound to change. You should know what you step into when participate in beta events, specially when supporting them.

EDIT:

Also, i'm not saying that like everything, i have some problems with the new system but i still very much love the game. All i'm saying is that give DE a chance before throwing blatant assumptions how the game is now broken when it's still in development.

While yes I had the knee jerk fit of anger most people had I'm still playing the game doing what I can to farm mods and have fun hoping they'll figure out something to make the majority happy. I'm sure once I find more mods I can use and fit the play style I want then I'll be happy with the new Mod system. Especially if they do something about Fussion costing an arm and a leg. Course if you really want to spend time with it you'll be able to maximize your mod rank and minimize your cost, but that can be pretty time consuming...

While yes I had the knee jerk fit of anger most people had I'm still playing the game doing what I can to farm mods and have fun hoping they'll figure out something to make the majority happy. I'm sure once I find more mods I can use and fit the play style I want then I'll be happy with the new Mod system. Especially if they do something about Fussion costing an arm and a leg. Course if you really want to spend time with it you'll be able to maximize your mod rank and minimize your cost, but that can be pretty time consuming...

Aye, the cost and sense of progression is pretty much incapacitated and i get that. But i just think it's funny how people with Master founders package, which have chosen to support a game that's in testing and in beta, are leaving because their warframes are weaker and only for a little while, might i add. :P

I mean, i felt that Warframes were not dependant enough of each other, sure the game shouldstill be soloable but Warframes should not be so powerful you don't even break a sweat while farming for... well.... everything and soloing bosses that should be hard because you have multishot +million. People should know that things like these will get balanced, better yet, know that Closed Betas are also known for resets. At least we have our old stuff.

The system needs balancing everywhere and what i also asked is that people with especially a Master-rank founders pack should continue supporting because the game didn't change, it evolved. It needs balancing and feedback more than ever.

They need time...

It wouldn't be logical to leave the system like this when people are screaming about the same things, i know they ar working on them but some of them require new parts in the UI which takes a lot of time to do... :P

I don't care about the effective reset, what I care about is that the Dev's overlooked a problem that's so glaringly obvious, and foisted it on us anyway. Whoever thought making progression possible ONLY through luck has got to be the most shortsighted fool in the history of games development. You don't need a beta test to know that a system that leaves you at the mercy of a random number generator in order to play the game is a TERRIBLE idea.

Edited by CosyPigeon

I don't care about the effective reset, what I care about is that the Dev's overlooked a problem that's so glaringly obvious, and foisted it on us anyway. Whoever thought making progression possible ONLY through luck has got to be the most shortsighted fool in the history of games development. You don't need a beta test to know that a system that leaves you at the mercy of a random number generator in order to play the game is a TERRIBLE idea.

Whoever doesn't see the potential in this system is a shortsightet fool in the history of beta testing. They already made 1 huge change into the game, how do you figure they won't balance this system out in terms of luck & grind? What you are saying that it was pure skill when you got a 95% multishot MOD?

What i'm saying is that this system is broken and they know it. They work on it.

Whoever doesn't see the potential in this system is a shortsightet fool in the history of beta testing. They already made 1 huge change into the game, how do you figure they won't balance this system out in terms of luck & grind? What you are saying that it was pure skill when you got a 95% multishot MOD?

What i'm saying is that this system is broken and they know it. They work on it.

I never said the mod System was bad as a mod system, Hell I made a Thread about how it's a great Mod system, the porblem is that it is currently also the leveling and progression system. What proof do you have that the devs know it? They haven't said a word about implementing any changes. Their usually chatty selves have been rather quiet on this issue.

The fact that making how much hit points and sheild you get over time be COMPLETELY dependant on mod drops is such terrible game design decision is obvious, there is no way they could have missed that before they implemented the update, they knew it was a bad idea and they did it anyway 'cause they wanted to see what they could get away with so they could monetize mod packs.

Prior to the update some progression was dependant on item rank, which meant your wheren't completely dependant on mods to advance into new areas, we both know that. Now we are at the mercy of mod drops. The devs knew that, and did it anyway, and that &!$$es me off.

I never said the mod System was bad as a mod system, Hell I made a Thread about how it's a great Mod system, the porblem is that it is currently also the leveling and progression system. What proof do you have that the devs know it? They haven't said a word about implementing any changes. Their usually chatty selves have been rather quiet on this issue.

The fact that making how much hit points and sheild you get over time be COMPLETELY dependant on mod drops is such terrible game design decision is obvious, there is no way they could have missed that before they implemented the update, they knew it was a bad idea and they did it anyway 'cause they wanted to see what they could get away with so they could monetize mod packs.

Prior to the update some progression was dependant on item rank, which meant your wheren't completely dependant on mods to advance into new areas, we both know that. Now we are at the mercy of mod drops. The devs knew that, and did it anyway, and that &!$$es me off.

I see your point.. :|

Oh well, i guess we just have to wait and see :( Altho i do think it's a bit funky that the devs haven't been saying anything to the community lately. And the new agreement at the launcher is really funky.

I see your point.. :|

Oh well, i guess we just have to wait and see :( Altho i do think it's a bit funky that the devs haven't been saying anything to the community lately. And the new agreement at the launcher is really funky.

Good, I'm not just hating for the sake of hating. These are genuine concerns about things that could make the game not fun to play. Hopefully the Devs will give us some piece of mind, but right now, to borrow your word, it's funky. Unpleasantly funky.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny because a lot of the butt hurt kids now complaining about u7 kept telling me that it it would be perfectly fine to do a major systems change shortly before going into open beta, which supposed to be a period in development mostly meant for stress testing.

In the mean time I got back to farming the later systems in a day or two.

Edited by Aggh