Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Level Speedgrinders Ruining My Game

Jezex

Hi all, I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere already but I just wanted to get it out.

I absolutely hate it when, as I am trying to do a mission with a friend or simply people around my skill/mod level, some completely overpowered high leveled dude will come in and sprint to the finish and killing everything in his path so you get 0 xp; it's gamebreaking and not fun at all.

Shouldn't there be a way to prevent higher player-level people joining your games, either optionally or what have you?

Thoughts?

Edited by Jezex

Get 3 friends to play warframe? That's what I did.

The only suggestion that will solve your issue is this one to be honest. I am not sure how likely it is, that they will implement something like this, with the small player base.

Set your game to private.

No, I don't want to play alone and I dont want to have to wait for friends to come online.

If I want to party with strangers, we shouldn't have to worry about a high level tenno ruining the experience for all of us.

If i'm not mistaken there is a 'skill' number in the character stats (can't check right now)... not sure if it works properly but if it does then maybe matchmaking could be based on this? Maybe with an option when you create game to set a minimum-maximum skill level of players that will be aloud to join.

Maybe a playstyle selection type thingy would be good. For example you could set your 'playstyle' as 'rusher' or 'stealth' and matchmaking could be based on this? Just thinking aloud here but I feel your pain.

Edited by DanPaul7

Yes it can be irritating but as long as you kill a few enemies your XP should be fine, and you'll save time. It sucks a little but ask them to leave you a mob or two, most players aren't going to shaft you on the XP in malice.

The game gives you exp for your squads kills as long as you are within a certain range of the killing.

From the wiki:

"

Team Experience:

Experience gained in teams works differently as to solo. Whenever any member of the team kills an enemy you will gain 100% of the experience you would solo, however the type of weapon experience gained depends on what weapon the ally used. E.G. If an ally killed an enemy with a pistol, you would gain pistol slot experience, even if you only used your rifle for 100% of your kills."

http://warframe.wiki...ience_Mechanics

Edited by Akularael

Yep, make game even more chalanging and share all xp, still kill stealing and turn off ratings after missions(counting wrong anyway and will be less nerds who wana see their names in first ranks)! Stick with global agenda missions, there no one cant survive alone few steps.

Isn't this issue only on certain maps? Of course there are going to be people grinding boss maps and even certain defence maps, but that's about it. Also, it may be annoying beating boss for the first time, but after 10 runs you'll be thanking heavens for speed grinders.

You still get xp even though the guy's rushing, you get the same XP as him for everything he kills. He probably thinks he's doing you a favor by finishing the mission earlier. There's an easy solution though: join a clan and set your game to private. Now you can communicate with people and not play with randoms.