Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proper Marketing Isn't Screwing Over Your Players. [Notice]

Yg-Dosst

I may have inherited a little bit of paranoid schizophrenia from my grandfather, but the recent actions in rebalancing the credit influx, along with additions to the shop are making me suspicious.

Now selling Credits for Plat, bascially made this game Pay-to-Win instantaneously.

And this is coming from a man who gladly paid 100$ just to be able have some say in some of the development process.

Selling Mods for Plat just further sunk the nail into that coffin.

Basically you can get anything you want without actually playing the game.

Credits are A LOT harder to come-by now that rewards seem smaller, Mods are worth MUCH less.

And yet creating stuff from blueprints still costs the same.

Since patch 7 released I've been grinding with all of my free time and I've acquired MAYBE 15,000 credits.

I'd just like to remind the Devs that by making it a painful experience to grind for what you want, and encouraging players to pay ludecrous amounts of real-life money just to get something compelety random, or something that fuctions completely differently than was implyed, IS NOT EFFECTIVE MARKETING, By Making a Pay-to-win game blisteringly annoying to play normally, It doesn't make players want to buy your stuff, it makes players want to stop playing.

The main fun of the game is having to go through legitimate challenges and being rewarded with new enjoyable features to play with. NOT having to sit through a month of painful grinding just to repeadedly fail, and even when you do succeed, your new features are useless until you proceed to grind even further through stuff the players have already been through extensively to make those abilities usable.

I may have inherited a little bit of paranoid schizophrenia from my grandfather, but the recent actions in rebalancing the credit influx, along with additions to the shop are making me suspicious.

Now selling Credits for Plat, bascially made this game Pay-to-Win instantaneously.

And this is coming from a man who gladly paid 100$ just to be able have some say in some of the development process.

Selling Mods for Plat just further sunk the nail into that coffin.

Basically you can get anything you want without actually playing the game.

Credits are A LOT harder to come-by now that rewards seem smaller, Mods are worth MUCH less.

And yet creating stuff from blueprints still costs the same.

Since patch 7 released I've been grinding with all of my free time and I've acquired MAYBE 15,000 credits.

I'd just like to remind the Devs that by making it a painful experience to grind for what you want, and encouraging players to pay ludecrous amounts of real-life money just to get something compelety random, or something that fuctions completely differently than was implyed, IS NOT EFFECTIVE MARKETING, By Making a Pay-to-win game blisteringly annoying to play normally, It doesn't make players want to buy your stuff, it makes players want to stop playing.

The main fun of the game is having to go through legitimate challenges and being rewarded with new enjoyable features to play with. NOT having to sit through a month of painful grinding just to repeadedly fail, and even when you do succeed, your new features are useless until you proceed to grind even further through stuff the players have already been through extensively to make those abilities usable.

You have it at the wrong end of the stick. This game currently has no pay-to-win feature. The cash option should always be the "Do I want to spend cash to do things quicker" for people that value their gaming time, this is targeted at high disposable income casual players. However, you always have the option to play the game for free and earn EVERYTHING that way except for the colour pallettes. This is fine, the balance just needs to be struck better is all, where time spent is more valuable for credits but not so much better that it's too easy to earn credits like before. A buff in credit drops will be the solution, but finding that balance is tricky and will require time. Have faith.

Edited by J-Pax

It only needed this one sentence to tell me this thread is a joke...

Pay to win would say you would loose against someone who bought better gear and kicked your a**.

And since no one could kill you with better gear, this "pay to win" nonsense.

You dont pay to win. You pay to get the stuff faster. Thats all.

You have it at the wrong end of the stick. This game currently has no pay-to-win feature. The cash option should always be the "Do I want to spend cash to do things quicker" for people that value their gaming time, this is targeted at high disposable income casual players. However, you always have the option to play the game for free and earn EVERYTHING that way except for the colour pallettes. This is fine, the balance just needs to be struck better is all, where time spent is more valuable for credits but not so much better that it's too easy to earn credits like before. A buff in credit drops will be the solution, but finding that balance is tricky and will require time. Have faith.

How is not pay-to-win? I agree with Squidaga, after the patch, some features of the game just keep poiting that you need to pay to have a decent mod, or you need to pay to get a chance on harder levels. I don't know if it is just with me, but I can't even pass saturn anymore after the patch and the re-make of the mod system (the system is good I liked but the shield/life really screwed with almost everyone I guess). I passed all day playing (Because I'm sick) and I only got one vitallity mod that as it says it is Common! And I got a bunch of "rarer" ones that drop like crap '-' Making the game hard, is one thing, making the game to have Throw at your face, that your level 30 Ash can't handle one level on saturn just because it has 100 shield and for more farming you do the less you get... Is another...

I'm going to agree, not that it's pay to win, but that selling credits for money is a bad idea and hope that DE removes this. If not I think I may have wasted my $250.....

What if they made it a two way system where you could adversely buy platinum for credits? (Ala Guild Wars 2)

If I can buy HP/Shield mods, than please show me where.

Buying credits for in-game real money currency is normal. Most of F2P games do that - Wargaming MMOs, i think Warthunder and Ghost Recon Online.

He means the mod packs. Personally I think this system is fine barring the lack of income, it's far too steep of a drop from U6 where people could quite easily run out of things to spend credits on quite early. Once they introduce a trading system, hopefully a trading hub, then things will start panning out a little better - but not before a credit buff.

The game just needs a more ways to earn credits beyond random drops and selling mods/bps, especially now that mods sell for jack all. And I really do feel like plat>credit conversion isn't such a good idea, since they're basically adding in a bunch of ways for players to -not- play the game.

Want mods? Buy mod packs.

Fuse mod costs? Buy credit.

Want warframes/weapons? Buy.

You spent your plat, buy all those things, then what do you do?

I think the buying plat with cred is a bad idea, remember that most of the things in the game can already be bought with creds and hard work, the only things that can't be purchased with creds or hard work are the color packs, some cosmetic items, and the inventory slots. This is fine in my opinion. the game is perfectly playable with what is there (though I agree things need to be tweeked) being able to buy platinum with credits would eliminate anything that discriminated from the free player from the paying customer; And yes I feel that paying customers should be treated better than free to play people. (and in case you are curious, no I haven't payed any money on this game yet).

It is a F2P coop game.

It capitalizes on people being lazy.

As long as the f2p grind isn't horrendous enough that it actually detracts from the gameplay (which remains to be seen, but hasn't been the case pre U7, can't tell what is the intention now) and f2p players aren't restricted to what content they can play (they can farm and/or blast their way to every level and piece of gear), the lure of faster advancement, or getting that one item you really, really want now instead of a few hours/days is one of the cornerstones of F2P games, the other being cosmetic and epeen stuff.

Buying credits seems no different from buying preupgraded frames or weapons to me, as long as done reasonably and falls into the "pay for wanting things NOW" category imo.

And that's pure BS right there. Each mission gives 1,000 just for doing it, how could you only have made 15,000?