Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate Port Forwarding

Sykodelik

Question

As the title says, I hate it. But only because I have never gotten it to work. Ever. I've gone into the router settings and forwarded 3960 and 3962 as it said in-game. Double checked to ensure UPnP was enabled, and still no dice.

After fowarding and re-enabling UPnP, the message I was getting upon log in went away. I was super happy that it had finally worked. Then I went to "Analyze Network" under the options menu. Same thing, UPnP malfunctioning please portforward blah blah blah.

I was planning on playing this with a friend, but on the contact list it shows him as offline, and he shows me as offline. I figured it was because of the portfoward thing. He can, however, see me in global chat, and I had no problem connecting to a few players when I was on last night.

So...what do I do?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Try opening up the ports on your firewall.

Worked for me.

Read his post again, he already did. Plus UPnP can normally handle stuff like this on a network, so I can't see any reason why he would need to go through the process a second time.

There's been a problem with a bogus error message since update 7 according to this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/15560-bogus-intermittent-firewall-error-message/page__hl__firewall

Dunno if it's actually fixed yet or if its related to OP's problem.

Edited by northdragoon

Read his post again, he already did. Plus UPnP can normally handle stuff like this on a network, so I can't see any reason why he would need to go through the process a second time.

He only opened up the ports but not to the given IP.

And UPnP may be able to handle that kind of things but I did have that problem.

Prompted me to port-foward to an IP. I didn't do it. Then prompted me later to port-foward normally. I didn't do it. A little while ago it told me to port-foward on my firewall. Did it and it worked.