Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horrible, Off Putting Update.

NoirProxy

Let's not make this an argument. I would love Dr-Jelly to back up his statement though instead of just being *shrug* "Get this, you'll be fine".

You obviously have lots of hours worth of free time to pull these feats off but a lot of people don't. Even WoW doesn't make you grind this much.

Let's not make this an argument. I would love Dr-Jelly to back up his statement though instead of just being *shrug* "Get this, you'll be fine".

You obviously have lots of hours worth of free time to pull these feats off but a lot of people don't. Even WoW doesn't make you grind this much.

I don't have lots of free time. I only play a couple of hours than go offline. If poeple seriously need some mods, they should go to a defense map and play the endless mode. Tip, If you're playing against infested, have one Ember with 3rd skill and a Loki.

So basically what OP is saying is, he's angry because he was wiped, in a beta.

These things happen in CBTs and OBs. You're just going to have to grind out the low levels up to the high ones again. Defense missions are good for this, they drop a lot of mods. Though the fusion costs really do need to be worked out. Yes it should cost alot of creds and mods to obtain a fully maxed card, but the costs are pretty obscene atm. Or at least add in more ways to earn creds.

But again, it's beta. Things get wiped. Don't immediately try and jump on Eris with your wiped Frames and then complain that the uddate is bad because you're not one shotting enemies.

Edited by Tangerine

So basically what OP is saying is, he's angry because he was wiped, in a beta.

These things happen in CBTs and OBs. You're just going to have to grind out the low levels up to the high ones again. Defense missions are good for this, they drop a lot of mods. Though the fusion costs really do need to be worked out. Yes it should cost alot of creds and mods to obtain a fully maxed card, but the costs are pretty obscene atm. Or at least add in more ways to earn creds.

What the OP is saying is that he doesn't like how cynical the game is when progression is 100% luck and gear based, maybe you didn't notice, but we didn't get wiped, we still have all of our equipment and all of our levels, what's annoying is that they are now meaningless without very specific mods, which can ONLY be aquired by being lucky. and for those of us who have been grinding and yet still remain unlucky, it's simply not fun.

What the OP is saying is that he doesn't like how cynical the game is when progression is 100% luck and gear based, maybe you didn't notice, but we didn't get wiped, we still have all of our equipment and all of our levels, what's annoying is that they are now meaningless without very specific mods, which can ONLY be aquired by being lucky. and for those of us who have been grinding and yet still remain unlucky, it's simply not fun.

Yeah, we do need some passive bonuses back in. But mods have -always- been luck based, and I highly doubt anyone was doing solo runs of Xini with their level 30 modless character, the little nodes in your skill tree didn't help much at all. Before the update, you still had to grind for good mods in order to progress to high level areas, the only thing the update changed is that this is now more transparent.

Yeah, we do need some passive bonuses back in. But mods have -always- been luck based, and I highly doubt anyone was doing solo runs of Xini with their level 30 modless character, the little nodes in your skill tree didn't help much at all. Before the update, you still had to grind for good mods in order to progress to high level areas, the only thing the update changed is that this is now more transparent.

CosyPigeon banged the nail on the head. Originally you grinded 1 to 2 missions before levelling up and being able to achieve a stat cluster that gave you some form of useable stat boost. Now though you are forced to fight constantly for the slim chance to gain a 1 in a 100 card that might never come? It is just silly and a waste of time. The game isn't supposed to play like a slot machine.

Edited by NoirProxy

Sole reliance on mod as a method of progression is bad. We need more ways to differentiate low level from high level frame. It's my only complaint about progression system.

Finally, this is the only legitimate complaint I can see. Health mods and shield mods don't drop in spades, they've now become the most valuable mods because you only need one of each. However there isn't much that differentiates a high level Weapon/Frame from a low level Frame/Weapon. Sure you can put better/more mods on the Frame/Weapon, but you always could. Infact now you have no fundemental difference from a non-modded hgih level Frame/Weapon to a low one. That's unfortuntate and likely needs to be corrected.

i love grinding for credits, after i grind for mods, so that i can level my mods, and have to grind for more credits! It makes me sooo happy lol. I think its great that now after farming for all the blueprints, mats, and mods i can also farm alert missions for a week to get anything done. (sarcasm) i also love how all this came with a handy 90 plat for 60000 credits in the market. good move DE good move

I had 700k when this change dropped and about 4 pages of high tier/rare mods level 25-30. I have a 30 loki, and a 24 ash with 4-5 level 30 weapons, I could solo anything but some of pluto with either of them.

Now? I can't solo tolstoy with either, and what mods I have gotten have cost about 300k to upgrade. I have seen no health or shield mods, and about 50% of the mods I've gotten are abilities for frames I don't have, from 5 hours of playing I've gotten about 2 pages of new mods from group hopping as best I can and my frames are still really underpowered and I'm down 300k spent on upgrading 5-6 cards part-way.

This is effectively a wipe with almost no compensation to people who played before, you have to get lucky to get potency, and 100% of your potency is now based on mods, not levels. Now not only is there a money sink, but there's a mod sink now too which is overkill. This really shoots my desire to play in the foot.

On top of this, the new system doesn't address the problem of no incentive to play higher level areas, and now you can't even tell what the cards are upgrading and by how much to see if they're even worth sinking a page of mods and 100k into. This was a really blind update and an obvious push toward pay-2-win and I cannot condone that, if they don't fix this new really unrewarding grind or add more p2w elements they'll be losing me as a player/customer.

Being a complete forum-nerd, and thus having trawled through most of the negetive and positive feedback, I can only come to the conclusion that 90% of the people who don't like the new system aren't actually disliking the new system, they dislike the soft reset.

That or they are hurting over the fact they cannot steamroll the content like they used to, the same people that kept calling the game "lol this is EZ mode", "no challenge".

No more 200% power range or ridiculous amount of power strenght mods and so on..

The game is actually harder now and top of that I see more TEAM play for once...

Oh yeah for those who say omg I cannot solo any more... Yes you still can you just need a decent mod or two (no they are not rare or hard to get) and play a bit more catious compared to pre-update 7.

I am not saying this update is FLAWLESS I have my gripes with it as well (the credit farm for instance bleh).

Edited by Sollet

I disagree. I'm a old player, and I'm perfectly fine with the New Mod system. In fact, my Warframe is stronger than it was under the old system. You just need to learn how it works.

Same here. I have more stamina, energy and health than I did before. I'm having no problem finding shield, health and sprint speed mods either.

This new system is great and add a lot more options and ways to customize, variation between player loadouts and more intereting mod system. You start with almost nothing. But it is insanely easy to find good mods.

I love when guys get mad they can't own everything anymore. I had two level 30 frames and 5 level 30 weps. But I get it and am having a great time with the new system. More freedom. Plus all the other changes are great. Blocking, new movement, stealth kills, ground attacks...

No leg to stand when your argument is that you can't "Solo every system" anymore. GTFO!

Edited by RawGritz

That or they are hurting over the fact they cannot steamroll the content like they used to, the same people that kept calling the game "lol this is EZ mode", "no challenge".

No more 200% power range or ridiculous amount of power strenght mods and so on..

The game is actually harder now and top of that I see more TEAM play for once...

Oh yeah for those who say omg I cannot solo any more... Yes you still can you just need a decent mod or two (no they are not rare or hard to get) and play a bit more catious compared to pre-update 7.

I am not saying this update is FLAWLESS I have my gripes with it as well (the credit farm for instance bleh).

This. Most people here are whining that they lost their overpowered characters...in a beta. Yes, certain things can be fixed and worked on. But crying about loss of power when a game isn't even released yet? Ridiculous. 90% of you must have never been in a beta.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I love when guys get mad they can't own everything anymore. I had two level 30 frames and 5 level 30 weps. But I get it and am having a great time with the new system. More freedom. Plus all the other changes are great. Blocking, new movement, stealth kills, ground attacks...

No leg to stand when your argument is that you can't "Solo every system" anymore. GTFO!

I literally just explained other reasons why the update is bad above you. Having 100% of your character's potency being in mods is not good, there's no differentiation between high and low level warframes, combines with the drop system there's no difference between the reward of high or low level system. On top of this, it's a monetization strategy pushing the game more toward pay2win with a huge money sink (one was needed, not one this big) and now a new sink, a mod sink.

It's great that you and others have found hp and shield mods no problem, other people aren't myself included. I've played for about 5 hours now in groups because I can't solo and have yet to have either drop. HP and shield really shouldn't be tied 100% to a drop considering that's the largest determining factor in how difficult of content you can do. I like that you can choose to slot hp/shield/armor/shield recharge/etc I *don't* like it that my level 30 loki can get 1-shotted in level 15-20 content, I don't like it that my 4 pages of old mods has gotten me nearly nowhere, and I don't like it that I have to rely on a RNG for character progression.

Don't belittle people's criticisms with sweeping statements of subjectivity, this game has a lot of potential and people on either the positive or negative side that just berate the other baselessly are of no help in reaching that potential.

I don't care for this latest update either. I was hoping it would serve as an excuse to play Warframe again - as I'd burned out on it pretty badly when I started to just run out of things that felt fun to do.

Warframe was fun when I felt like a moderately overpowered juggernaught with my medium to high strength mods. I never farmed myself up to any crazy OP combo but the option was there if I had the itch and that was always nice.

The feeling of strength is good. It makes it rewarding to tear through the really plain levels and do the extremely simple objectives. Despite having a pretty neat dungeon generator it is good to keep in mind that the dungeons aren't exactly complex. There are no puzzles or mysteries to uncover. I've never had optional objectives open shortcuts for that mission and we certainly don't have larger, longer dungeons with multiple objectives tied together.

Now that seems to have reset. I'm back to square one - which I can handle for the most part - but now it looks like my potential to reach that comfortable, fun point I was sitting at isn't anywhere near my starting point.

I've got to farm and grind in a game that isn't a real MMORPG. This game play like a Co-Op Action title and wants me to grind like I'm playing Tera Online.

Hard to get interested.

There where definite positives in the update (Have you SEEN how cool Banshee looks?) but the negatives overshadow it. Who CARES about a Bow and Arrow when I can't work up the desire to PLAY because I know all there is to do is grind away to try to get back a level of strength I already had?

It took me about 12 hours to get where i left Update 6, meaning a full equipped killer machine and it never felt like square one for me after Update 7 hit because i could upgrade every mod i found instantly to max lvl using the stuff that got converted from Update 6 and my credit savings.

In Update 6 it took me wayyyyy longer to get overpowered so i guess many people did something very wrong in Update 7.

It took me about 12 hours to get where i left Update 6, meaning a full equipped killer machine and it never felt like square one for me after Update 7 hit because i could upgrade every mod i found instantly to max lvl using the stuff that got converted from Update 6 and my credit savings.

In Update 6 it took me wayyyyy longer to get overpowered so i guess many people did something very wrong in Update 7.

That's your luck benefit. I've played 10 hours and I still haven't managed to safely get past Venus and Saturn because I keep getting total crap.

I've tried grinding Terminus for more common mods (because higher level areas drop rarer mods, which are the ones I don't need) and still haven't gotten health mods.

Edited by MJ12

That's your luck benefit. I've played 10 hours and I still haven't managed to safely get past Venus and Saturn because I keep getting total crap.

I've tried grinding Terminus for more common mods (because higher level areas drop rarer mods, which are the ones I don't need) and still haven't gotten health mods.

Do the defense mission in Kiliken (venus).

It helped me a lot :)