Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture Mods

kyllre

Question

How do the puncture mods work in terms of their additive numbers? I recently combined 2 level 0 +0.1 Puncture mods for the shotgun and received a Level 1 (one dot on the side) puncture mod that gave +0.1 Puncture. Does the increase in level increase the chance that the projectile would puncture and the +0.1 refers to the distance? Or is there currently a bug on puncture mods?

12 answers to this question

Fuzing 1 only may not be enough

watch the side bar each time it's full you gain some stats

The number 1 mean you fuzed 1 time...

ill suggest you to full up the bar before finalizing a fuzion, since the number of fuzion are limited

Edited by Tsoe

I understand how the mods fuse.

The two mods I had were fresh mods (never been fused, No dots on the side lit up). I fused them together, and got the mod leveled up (One dot on the side lit up). The displayed number did not change (+0.1 puncture stayed the same after fusion). Sorry if my initial post wasnt clear.

It would appear that the highest a Puncture mod can now get to is +0.3%, which means a lot of the levels serve no purpose beyond heading to the next level.

Or, in other words, given the enormous energy drain the puncture mod also has, they're now next to useless and shouldn't be used!

Fuzing 1 only may not be enough

watch the side bar each time it's full you gain some stats

The number 1 mean you fuzed 1 time...

ill suggest you to full up the bar before finalizing a fuzion, since the number of fuzion are limited

He is actually right, at the first upgrade it doesn't get any better. PRETTY Dumb!

I think it's just a nerf of the overpoweredness of puncture plus multishot. Puncture as it is now is still useful for shooting through the thin guard rail that the corpus and grineer often hide behind. Makes a lot more sense than bullets going through metres and metres of solid steel or whatnot.

Ah, so that's what puncture does? Just makes it go through protective stuff? So if i have a +20% fire damage mod and a +0.1 puncture mod, the fire totally wins?

Also, how does multishot work? Again i'm stuck between sticking a +20% fire damage or a +10% multishot on my rifle, suggestions on which is better?

Edited by Timdog

Ah, so that's what puncture does? Just makes it go through protective stuff? So if i have a +20% fire damage mod and a +0.1 puncture mod, the fire totally wins?

Also, how does multishot work? Again i'm stuck between sticking a +20% fire damage or a +10% multishot on my rifle, suggestions on which is better?

If multishot still works the same as before then a +10% multishot for the rifle means that 1 in every 10 shots from your rifle will actually fire 2 bullets instead of just 1, so in effect you'll end up firing 11 shots for the cost of 10. Note that multishot works differentIy with shotguns. Now a +20% fire mod will add extra fire damage to every single bullet fired. Leaving both mods unupgraded and only choosing one of them then the fire mod would be my pick, however it would be ideal to level them both up and chuck both of them on your rifle.

I have 0.2(5) puncture atm. I cant shoot through the railings that Corpus use for cover on the Venus defense mission. So, I don't know. I assumed that they were bugged atm. If anyone has used these mods successfully, please let me know. I would lover to understand them.