The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is The New Useless Frame?

TrashSpider

Hard to do tiers because a lot of the frames people consider bad have niches where they excel at. For example Nekros is completely useless...except for long survival runs where he's mandatory or Mag who is useless...Unless you're killing Corpus, which she is the best in game at. 

However, there are some frames who have no use, Saryn and Ash are among those, imo. 

Edited by SuperAga

ok can someone give me a link to said build or tell me right here?

I'm sorry If I appear noobish I just as of late have no idea what to do with him.

Link

That's a build to focus on energy efficiency and duration for Vortex. Toss one down near defense point or bottleneck and it will catch all infested. Then just fire a Penta or weapon with AoE or punch-through damage.

God Tier: Nova // Vauban // Rhino

High Tier: Banshee // Trinity // Loki // Nyx // Frost

Mid Tier: Anything not named in other tiers

Low Tier: Ash // Valkyr

Based on 500 hrs gameplay, owning all frames all reactored

I mostly agree with this. Mind you low tier is not useless, just weaker in the 'high-wave' gameplay most are judged against.

ok can someone give me a link to said build or tell me right here?

I'm sorry If I appear noobish I just as of late have no idea what to do with him.

The original tier list was made when bastille had unlimited targets, and xini infested was the running place of the day. He doesn't exist anymore as he did.

@OP, none, while some have weaknesses in certain aspects, none are the level Mag was at when it was originally made, imo.

This is old man. I didn't make it, someone else did on summer. Someone needs to update it, since we don't see the other newer frame added.

Ahh I get it. You're seeing what the community feels is the correct placement or tiering should be.

IMO the damage frames (while important still) are taking a backseat in comparison to the utility frames now.

Taking away weapons (Loki), having enemies fight each other (Nyx) and trapping enemies (Booben) are God tier for me.

I still run Ash most of the time, because Ninja...

Edited by sushidubya

Oh godness, I could make a 14 page post on this topic! But due to the recent changes in frames and the overhaul of the damage system AND new mods? This can be a fun topic.

I own and have used every frame in the game. I've made it my job to analyze weaknesses and strengths. Call it a hobby :3

I feel that God-Tier need not exist, but top Tier, Mid tier, and Low Tier. And I'm only making these based off current usage of the frame and game mechanics.

High Tier

Rhino, Nova, Vauban, Loki, Trinity, Frost, Nyx, Banshee

Low Tier

Saryn, Ember, Oberon, Ash, Volt, Mag, Excalibur, Valkyr

I wont go into deep intricate details, but high tier frames are just, better at doing certain mission and being a crazy gunslinging ninja. You will notice a trend, in which crowd control frames are always better because of their usefulness as a whole.

It really depends.

In a Defense mission, the god Tier is : Vauban, Frost (for humanoid enemy defense), Nova, Nyx. These frames are the ones getting highly requested in the recruiting tab. I've seen enough "hosting T3 def need nova vauban frost PM me".

In a survival however, the god Tier is : Nekros. Simply nekros. Maybe oberon too (healing ability, great 4th ability, has chance to drop health orbs too). Although Vauban can hold enemies in stasis and nova can obliterate many of them with just a single click, a maximized desecrating nekros is the best in survival missions. You will get a lot more oxygen capsules. You will also get countless health orbs!

In exterminate missions, the god Tier is : Rhino and Trinity. These two are the best tanks in the game, and in exterminate missions, you don't really need abilities like frost's globe or vaub's bastille. Trinity herself is a valuable support for teams, healing them and tanking incoming damage. Nova is a high tier here as she can, once again, obliterate many enemies at once which is great in exterminate missions.

My vote is going to have to go to Ember, as much as i love and still play her. 35 Million XP and Counting.

When she had Overheat, she had staying power, So she could stick around at least to mid level play and sometimes res people.

She is the only 100% offensive frame. Her abilities are Damage, Added Damage, Area Damage, Moveable Area Damage. No tricks of any kind, just lots of damage thrown around. If you want her to stay viable in end-game (lvls 100+), You have to use Corrupted mods to keep her doing enough damage to actually kill, and that leaves no room for health and shield mods, which aren't enough to keep her alive anyway. Your only hope is to equip a Shade and pray it works. Her only saving graces are that she looks amazing, and is an absolute BEAST in low level areas.

Against Corpus: Mag is my go-to frame.

Against Infested: I'd want Ember (even though I don't currently have her)

Against Grineer: I tend to lean towards Nova, or something with some survivability.

When in the void, I tend to run Nova or Rhino.

Overall, I'd have to say Nova's pretty high up (personal opinions influence my decision, of course, but you have to admit between juggling anti-matter drop and tagging entire rooms with m-prime, Nova can clear levels quite well.) Same goes for Rhino, and (apparently, I don't have one myself but I see his usefulness) Loki.

Oberon's a decent support frame, and with some decent timing, can solo fairly easily when spamming renewal before being downed.  Trinity can keep teams alive WAY longer than they normally would, so she is of good use as well.

VERY rough ordering (IMO) would be as follows - Willing to change and discuss:

GOD TIER: Nova, Rhino, Trinity

HIGH TIER: Frost, Loki (?), Mag, Banshee (?)

MID TIER: Valkyr, Oberon, Ember (?), Volt (?), Nyx, Vauban

LOW TIER: Saryn (?), Ash (?), Excalibur, Nekros

TRASH TIER: N/A

Note: (?) means my best guess as I don't own said frame.

Edit: Forgot Banshee >.<, also rearranged list slightly.

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

I don't think the tier list has changed that much, people are just slow to try new things. We've developed a core community view that is very biased towards established ideas. Loki on that chart is a great example. He was always SUPER overpowered because of invisibility and continues to be today, but only now do people actually want him moved up.

Ember is in that position now I think. Everyone is still reeling from the redesign of her #2 and hating on the new power Accellerant, but in light of Damage 2.0 and in comparison to other damage buffs, Accellerant is an extremely powerful ability. It's a giant PBAoE hard stun and clutch dodge, that debuffs enemy fire resistance, allowing you to stack fire damage on any weapon you may have and then shoot at targets standing still with a damage buff on par with Nova, which basically turns off the entire Damage 2.0 system and makes fire good at every target. It really is that powerful and it works on bosses, stalker, harvester, and every faction. She clearly belongs in the high tier but I guarantee no one will put her there until next year, because every game I join people think she's trash past mid levels.

Link

That's a build to focus on energy efficiency and duration for Vortex. Toss one down near defense point or bottleneck and it will catch all infested. Then just fire a Penta or weapon with AoE or punch-through damage.

This needs fixed. Fleeting Expertise and Streamline only need to be at 4 levels. Because that lands you at the max 75% Efficiency mark. The extra rank in Fleeting is hurting the time of your abilities

God Tier: Nova // Vauban // Rhino

High Tier: Banshee // Trinity // Loki // Nyx // Frost

Mid Tier: Anything not named in other tiers

Low Tier: Ash // Valkyr

Based on 500 hrs gameplay, owning all frames all reactored

PUH-LEASE nova isnt anything near a god.

I don't think the tier list has changed that much, people are just slow to try new things. We've developed a core community view that is very biased towards established ideas. Loki on that chart is a great example. He was always SUPER overpowered because of invisibility and continues to be today, but only now do people actually want him moved up.

Ember is in that position now I think. Everyone is still reeling from the redesign of her #2 and hating on the new power Accellerant, but in light of Damage 2.0 and in comparison to other damage buffs, Accellerant is an extremely powerful ability. It's a giant PBAoE hard stun and clutch dodge, that debuffs enemy fire resistance, allowing you to stack fire damage on any weapon you may have and then shoot at targets standing still with a damage buff on par with Nova, which basically turns off the entire Damage 2.0 system and makes fire good at every target. It really is that powerful and it works on bosses, stalker, harvester, and every faction. She clearly belongs in the high tier but I guarantee no one will put her there until next year, because every game I join people think she's trash past mid levels.

Because she IS trash. Even with Accelerant, When things get rough, she gets one-shotted. I can totally agree that you can mod her to do amazing damage, but thats all she is, Walking Damage. She can handle high level infested, but only with a Coptering weapon that you can use to avoid ancients. With any enemy that can shoot, once you hit mid 80s, she can just be sniped before she gets a chance to burn anyone. I've played with her as my 2nd since Day one of Open Beta, and since her last rework, shes become terribad.

mag still murder every enemy in the game so no she isnt useless (crush = stasis death, while shield pole. is a hydrogen bomb on shield enemy)

banshee as far as i can tell is worthless (lack of dmg, weak ability, squishy, sonar only useful other then sound quake CC)

rhino and volt fit since their pretty weak in dmg 2.0 (volt still ;/ need a rework, same for a tweak to rhino stomp[buff not nerf])

valkyr is bottom of usefulness at SHOULD NOT BE USE UNTIL FIX ( too squishy for a melee frame, her ult does not do any dmg vs shielded enemy[usually], 2 ability thats act as buff/utility[bad])

My opinon from a few weeks ago hasn't changed:

Judging by these criteria, the worst frames are the ones not designed around mass killing, moving very quickly or surviving against an otherwise overwhelming amount of enemies. Following is a list of frames with my personal opinion about how well they fare in the three essential pillars of what Warframe is about at the moment: Multi Target Damage(D), Mobility(M), and Survivability(S)

Banshee(D++/M+/S+)

Ember(D++/M+/S+)

Frost(D+/M+/S++)

Nekros(D+/M+/S++)

Saryn(D++/M+/S+)

Ash(D+/M+++/S+)

Excalibur(D+/M++/S++)

Mag(D++/M+/S++)

Nyx(D+/M+/S+++)

Trinity(D+/M+/S+++)

Valkyr(D+/M++/S++)

Volt(D+/M+++/S+)

Loki(D+/M+++/S++)

Oberon(D++/M++/S++)

Vauban(D++/M+/S+++)

Rhino(D++/M++/S+++)

Nova(D+++/M+++/S+)

Banshee is bad, yes, But not most useless. Damage wise shes decent at single enemies, but her Utility is what makes her still viable. Sonic Boom can let you run through an entire map blowing people away, and never take hardly any damage. Sure it doesnt kill, but a Banshee on a CryoPod is a welcome sight. For boss killing shes also amazing, and between her and Nova, you can take any weapon to level 100 enemies and splatter them into oblivion. Banshee is definitely underpowered, but i'm still calling Ember most useless.