Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

- Fixed clients scanning without zooming in.

Nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would have preferred the opposite fix, stop host's left-click from zooming!

Zooming in sometimes is very annoying.

On a side note, the color correction from codex scanner is VERY bad, just remove it.

Edited by Cpt-Brian

Guys, calm down. They are working on U12. As Rebecca said there is more than one team working on each update, and even than there are probably multiple groups within each division, just because three or four groups ( art, programming, modeling, animation etc) worked on a tenno re-enforcement doesn't mean the the 20+ other groups are doing nothing. DE works hard to make a great game, and a lot of people just seem to want to kick them whenever we get a tenno re-enforcements, because they don't seem to understand that multiple groups can be working on different things! See how fun the game would be if we didn't get any kind of update for a month, re-enforcements at least stop it from getting stale.

Love the gun, best of luck on update 12, can't wait to see what you guys have to say in ls21!

They mentioned U11.8 last Livestream, so we knew it wasn't today. They have some major system revamps coming U12, which will require a lot of time and effort to make work well enough to release. Just be patient.

Yep. I'm just so excited. :3 And I didn't remember for that mention, thanks for saying. :O

one does simply not call it now.

Have you seen their programming schedule? i dont think so.

Stop crying and give them some space ok. They also need money to keep the maintainance flowing.

Besides that, ever been programming yourself? why dont you fix it yourself if it bothers you so much.

Yeah, I program lots. In fact, I will gladly fix every single problem with warframe that can be fixed with coding if only I could get the source and be allowed to patch. I doubt DE will ever do that but my offer will stand indefinitely.

The people responsible for fixing the burning big picture/system issues (often defined or pointed to as End-Game, Lore, RNG, useless melee by our players) are not the same people responsible for this week's Tenno Reinforcements. It's frustrating, but prolonged attention in different areas means the releases of the content that players suffering serious burnout want to see won't happen every week. A new gun is nothing to a player that's played it all, that is known - as much as I wish we had a Golden Goose this week, we don't.

This is actually very reassuring. Thank you. All i want to know is that there are people who are listening. Thats all i want.

Fixes:

- Fixed clients scanning without zooming in.

Awwwwww.  I preferred not zooming with scanning, made it easy to scan and run.  Not to mention a lot easier to scan for plants during the last event.

Right click still scanned zoomed, and left clicked didn't zoom but still scanned.  But, what can I say

Edited by CatPhoenix

Yeah, I program lots. In fact, I will gladly fix every single problem with warframe that can be fixed with coding if only I could get the source and be allowed to patch. I doubt DE will ever do that but my offer will stand indefinitely.

Give this man a medal!

that maybe so...but it still didn't fix RNG when it already is a crappy system, you know what nevermind i am done about the RNG, just wait 24 hours for the Tetris, I mean Tetra to be finish and level it....Detron, and other primes I don't care, RNG just *sigh* whatever

I promise, in the appropriate threads, I have been protesting vehemently about the Detron mess since the January 21st Community Hot Topic and other RNG @#&$-ups. I am p!ssed about it, but I know from past experience that this is how the X.7, X.8, and X.9 updates work. They are tiny, and they don't give us a whole lot in the way of content or fixes, but ripping a strip off Rebecca in her patch notes thread isn't going to solve this. I just don't think people should be expecting ground-breaking update leading up to the major Updates, nor should they act like a jerk in an unrelated thread. Keep giving feedback, obviously, but give it where, and when, and to whom it is appropriate to do so. We ALL want lore, and endgame and RNG fixes as Rebecca pointed out, but gripping in the Update notes thread that they didn't do enough to sate you this week is irritating.

Aside from the fact that Tetra is actually Corpus Tech, which drove me crazy cause I am a Corpus fan, it's completely boring. Well, not exactly.

Cool reload and magazine depletion animation! If Tetra's only purpose was to test new cosmetic feature, I say bravo! Otherwise, not bad, but could be better.

What I don't like about Tetra:

1) Low accuracy.

2) No slash damage. With current scaling of damages even 24 puncture damage... well, I don't know. Maybe if I'll Forma it a few times... which brings me to point three.

3) No polarities! Again! Come on, why would you do that? GIve us a slight advantage! Polarity can compensate a serious disadvantage. Given that there's any, and there's not.

Tetra is average gun. Not good, nor bad. I love it only because of the animation and because it's Corpus. Well, there's two more things I guess: it's magazine capacity which is always nice to have, and 10% of a status chance.

Edited by -CM-CaptainGrey

anyone else seeing a weird gold spark effect on Tysis gun in the market since the update?

can't remember seeing it yesterday...

[edit for below]

Doesn't that mean that you own it?..

is it? guess i've never noticed it so far for any other weapons. if it is, case closed.

Edited by babtong

Yet another market weapon thats like clan weapon but better. 

Yeah... I don't even know what the criteria is for clan weapons anymore... At first I thought they were the weapons that the enemy factions use, but then they started making some clan weapons that weren't used by enemy units and started releasing other weapons used by enemy units in the market. There are also a bunch of cool faction themed weapons in the market that should be clan weapons (I thought that was the whole point of having Corpus/Grineer/Infested research)... It's just a huge mess right now. No uniformity to it.

Edited by Drazhar14

Update 11.8.0   

Additions:

- New in-chat updates about News, Alerts, and Invasions. It’s Red Text’s robot brother/sister/son?, Mauve Text (colour subject to interpretation).

Noticed two things with this:

1.  The alert message doesn't list the full rewards.  The one that just happened rewards credits and a blueprint, but the in-chat update only mentioned the credits.  It should really list the full reward.

2.  The chat message happened, but the alert box where alerts have always happened did not show the alert at the same time.  It took several minutes for it to appear there.  Possibly there's always been lag in it appearing, but with the in-chat message, it is now evident.

I like it though =)

I promise, in the appropriate threads, I have been protesting vehemently about the Detron mess since the January 21st Community Hot Topic and other RNG @#&$-ups. I am p!ssed about it, but I know from past experience that this is how the X.7, X.8, and X.9 updates work. They are tiny, and they don't give us a whole lot in the way of content or fixes, but ripping a strip off Rebecca in her patch notes thread isn't going to solve this. I just don't think people should be expecting ground-breaking update leading up to the major Updates, nor should they act like a jerk in an unrelated thread. Keep giving feedback, obviously, but give it where, and when, and to whom it is appropriate to do so. We ALL want lore, and endgame and RNG fixes as Rebecca pointed out, but gripping in the Update notes thread that they didn't do enough to sate you this week is irritating.

ok. fine sorry to get you irritated by the response to a response, either way i am not gonna argue with this or say nothing cuz it will not change anything anyway....so i will just move foward and wait and wait....

@TheSeannachaidh I don't believe Kaian-a-coel was out of line at all, he makes a valid point and anyone who has played Warframe from the beginning understand his frustration quite well. There are countless well written posts regarding things that should be addressed and have not and the image of doing band aid updates as someone mentioned does give the impression that they are not taking the time to address core problems that need to be taken care of but instead hope to distract the community by giving out a new shiny.

@DERebecca I would like to ask you and maybe your not at liberty to answer this question but is Warframe still beta? The reason I ask, and someone in another post pointed out, that on the Warframe Home page it no longer list the game as Beta, so is it still in Beta?

The people responsible for fixing the burning big picture/system issues (often defined or pointed to as End-Game, Lore, RNG, useless melee by our players) are not the same people responsible for this week's Tenno Reinforcements. It's frustrating, but prolonged attention in different areas means the releases of the content that players suffering serious burnout want to see won't happen every week. A new gun is nothing to a player that's played it all, that is known - as much as I wish we had a Golden Goose this week, we don't.

Thank you, Rebecca, for addressing us in this thread. I understand we may be asking a lot sometimes but we only want to see the game improve, that is all. Even though many of us are angry, we are still hoping for the best. Most angry voices are angry mainly because of frustration over things that effect their personal gaming experience a lot, such as drop rate and spawn rate issues.

I'd say it would be nice if you could get some status updates from the "code monkeys" on their progress and relay us some information on the key points so that we will have something to look forward to. Or try to get them post on the forum occasionally about what they have been up to and what issues are currently being fixed. This alone, I feel, would give us more hope for the future.

Take a look at Path of Exile developers for example. Their relationship with the community is great. :)

Even though this update was not exactly what I wished for, I'll be thankful for it. At least you are not EA who would rather just bury the game, close the servers, leave a lot of people angry and release the same game again next year (with some bug fixes and new graphics).

Looking forward to U12, hoping it is going to be grand.

P.S. We could really use some new stuff in the Clan Dojo research centers... Something to use our Fieldrons and Detonites on. But mainly Detonites. Any chance of improved gear items?

Edited by SoanoS