Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Peek At The Horizon: January 22, Present & Future.

corpuskiller20

>enemy leaders

about time we get "champions" in the mob mix

Oh god I hear Diablo Champions, Elites and Uniques q.q 

If that was implemented....

The Feels are Critical and the Worth while challenge as you progress through a mission.

wow, i am impressed.

nothing that sheldon explains here has not been disscused in the last couple of livestreams, nothing is new info or something not expected (please read again and try to find actual info about when this will be deployed),

also, lot of people in the forums is happy for this post?

take note DE, to prevent future forum riots, just summarize the last two livestreams, a lot of people will believe is new info.

Is there any way to get some clarification as to when exactly the pc to ps4 account migration will happen? On facebook it was said it was imminent, but that was on the 16th (a week ago)and nothing since if there are problems with it just say so we will accept it, or at the very least it gives us the illusion that you are trying to get the problems sorted out.

wow, i am impressed.

nothing that sheldon explains here has not been disscused in the last couple of livestreams, nothing is new info or something not expected (please read again and try to find actual info about when this will be deployed),

also, lot of people in the forums is happy for this post?

take note DE, to prevent future forum riots, just summarize the last two livestreams, a lot of people will believe is new info.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. But on other hand, they are seemingly enforcing their stance of what they've previously said. That means these are not completely false promises that they want majority to forget by not mentioning them anymore, but actual "hey, you remember what we talked about earlier? All that new stuff? Yea we're seriously on it!". And I find that very reassuring.

All this new stuff sounds really cool. I basically play only 5%~ of what I used to play couple of weeks ago at this point, so I'm very excited to "come back" when the new stuff gets released.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. But on other hand, they are seemingly enforcing their stance of what they've previously said. That means these are not completely false promises that they want majority to forget by not mentioning them anymore, but actual "hey, you remember what we talked about earlier? All that new stuff? Yea we're seriously on it!". And I find that very reassuring.

All this new stuff sounds really cool. I basically play only 5%~ of what I used to play couple of weeks ago at this point, so I'm very excited to "come back" when the new stuff gets released.

interesting way of seeing it, you prolly right.

anyway i wonder what of all this change the core gameplay that has been stagnant since 5 or 6 months ago.

lets wait until U12 i guess.

Edited by omega_phoenix

Endgame - this is the moment where WF grows up. We don't need spoilers. But we do need to know what endgame means to you.

And that hopefully you've seen the playerbase's reaction to endgame threads, and considered that in your efforts.

And most importantly, that your plan for endgame contains:

• a sustainable way to challenge ourselves (EG: not another lephantis!)

• a means of rewarding exploration of the road less traveled (in terms of strategies, frames, builds, and literal exploration. you've built a huge game, create some situations that encourage using more than the same loadout/frames/tactics over and over)

• a playable mechanic to give more meaning to the tons of content you create (where are Frames from, why did Grineer create napalms, etc)

• more than pure number scaling (eg: not endless def/surv)

Please make them power power resistant or otherwise challenging to defeat or we'll just faceroll them with a single press of 4..and never notice.

And...Thank you! We're looking forward to these changes...and your answers :)

ndgame you've got to come to realise what you're playing is going to be in the long run a series of "systems" it won't be a gear treadmill we've got it already with the forma. I'll say it again, In a MMORPG Themepark / Sandbox game it is a series of miniature games/experiences/ladders/etc.

http://taugrim.com/2013/06/10/why-pve-content-shouldnt-be-a-coral-reef/ - We're kind of getting there with the Defense and Survival Leaderboards. Slowly. Bit more variety is a help though.

In regards to the subscription model, I know we aren't doing it:

Here’s my rule of thumb: When you buy a subscription based MMO, your box purchase is going toward the development of the game from tutorial to cap. In essence, if this was a single player game, once you hit cap you’ve “beaten it.” Your subscription dollars are what goes toward continued and robust endgame content, so don’t expect a lot of time to be spent on endgame before everyone’s paid their first subscription fee.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/staffblog/022010/5716_The-Endgame-Myth

We've all seen it. You might not have put a name to it, but it's there. As MMOs get older, certain dungeons become obsolete. Or maybe that fantastic top-level gear you once had to have is completely worthless now and isn't even in normal gear progression anymore. That is power creep, the phenomenon by which content becomes completely worthless as a game ages. I can't imagine being on the developer's side when power creep starts rearing its ugly head. All that time a developer spent sculpting the content to be the perfect match of mechanics and story becomes wasted.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/06/the-soapbox-the-problem-with-power-creep-and-progression/

http://www.eldergame.com/2013/12/cheesemaking/

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2011/4/13/design-dilemmas.html

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2010/6/2/on-subsystems-and-selves.html

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2012/8/22/addiction-diablo-3-and-portal-2.html - Where DE is aiming for with wanting versus liking.

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2013/5/7/asynchronous-games-and-codex.html

- Had an idea myself for a game involving credits/resources that you could put into another small system. This could be further serviced potentially with using the mod system like a card game.

The cell idea sounds pretty good though I'll give you credit to that. But you've also got to think of narrative play as to what is being built upon with the previous events like Gradivus, Cicero et all.

Edited by Kinjeto

Is there any way to get some clarification as to when exactly the pc to ps4 account migration will happen? On facebook it was said it was imminent, but that was on the 16th (a week ago)and nothing since if there are problems with it just say so we will accept it, or at the very least it gives us the illusion that you are trying to get the problems sorted out.

This is bugging me as well I spent too much money to start over on the PS4 and I can no longer play on my PC...Any estimated time would be very nice.

Is there going to be a new Frame? or is it going to have to wait?

Also i would like to expect 1 event of when the Lotus gets captured by The Stalker or by The Corpus and Grineer ( teamed up)

Imagine how epic it will be to fight the stalker head on and win his suit/frame called something like," Stalker Ex or something like that and have all of the stalker's skills.

Though a little sad we are having to wait even longer for promised additions to the game, this post makes me happy.

Not becaus of content but because it is a step toward the roadmap style communication we should be getting. De sits on stuff and doesn't mention stuff or put release dates because they are worried about getting flamed by players. However you have been at this a year DE and should have a much better idea now at the speed you can release content. If you told us what to expect over the next three months continuously it would let everyone be a little more calm. Rather than sticking everything "around the corner" or "soon", just be honest with us.

You should be saying "Well this update is a month away" or "this feature is at least three months away" and "this feature is just a 2014 pipe dream ATM". Are you worried you will lose players if we don't live in a news starved environment believing that big changes to the game are coming imminently but not right now? You have veterans that have been with you since this went live and still keep playing that's an amazing fact.

But I digress, good post. Want to see more like it as this is what this workshop was for.

I thought I’d give answering some of those questions a stab. So let’s start backward: What can you expect next month and beyond? At this point the next overhaul we’ve really set up and discussed is: Melee 2.0. This is a system that aims to improve melee gameplay, buff melee weapons, and introduce a new equip-based system for all melee weapons. This is anticipated to be a month or so away still, and Geoff will have more information in Friday’s stream that is specifically on Melee 2.0. Make sure to jump on the stream and ask him all your questions!

So, if you’ve asked yourself “what can I expect next month”, this is part of your answer. The other parts of your answer are in the works right now – Lore expansion, more variety to gameplay, Boss reworks, and (I promised Steve no spoilers on this topic) End Game.

- Brand new in-game HUD that I’m drooling over.

Ah. End Game. The old buzzword. Still would be nice to know what exactly you guys understand under End Game?

Melee overhaul is long overdue. Considering how much the game's presentation (including your very own trailer) focuses on melee, it always baffeled me how WEAK and almost pointless you had made the melee weapons compared to the firarms. Whacking away on a single Grineer 6 times with a Skana does not feel right.

Especialy in face of most shooters making melee a "high risk, high reward" kind of deal and that's shooters where their main focus are guns and melee is just a knife. Meanwhile in Warframe you burried us under melee weapons, most which were at best decoration.

Hopefully the melee improvements will add more to the flair of the game. But i still think something like this should had been tackled a long time ago. Like late closed beta.

Talking about other things long overdue.

Since you guys seemed to be very proud of it. Will it also have a bar that shows how long our powers will be active. I didn't saw anything like that in the mockup Steve showed. But playing Loki a lot recently i begann to remember the frustration that there is no way to safely predict the time you stay invisible, especialy when power time mods and lag issues come into effect.

It always seems strange to me that something like that has not been in the game despite the length of time it's played now. With the old HUD being a good explanation for it's absence, i hope you guys had the forsight of finaly putting the timer in the new HUD.

Also i hope the movement shaking can be switched off manualy, not that you guys get bombarded with complainments and have to throw it in 3 weeks later.

Overall, i hope you guys know what you mean with endgame and i wish you much success in getting these things done.

Edited by Othergrunty

Have you been playing a lot of Warframe and find yourself asking the following questions?

What can I expect today?

What can I expect in the next couple of weeks?

What can I expect next month and more?

I thought I’d give answering some of those questions a stab. So let’s start backward: What can you expect next month and beyond? At this point the next overhaul we’ve really set up and discussed is: Melee 2.0. This is a system that aims to improve melee gameplay, buff melee weapons, and introduce a new equip-based system for all melee weapons. This is anticipated to be a month or so away still, and Geoff will have more information in Friday’s stream that is specifically on Melee 2.0. Make sure to jump on the stream and ask him all your questions!

So, if you’ve asked yourself “what can I expect next month”, this is part of your answer. The other parts of your answer are in the works right now – Lore expansion, more variety to gameplay, Boss reworks, and (I promised Steve no spoilers on this topic) End Game.

Now, time for what can you expect in the next couple of weeks? There will be a lot of content and fixes, to list out some of the bigger items:

- The release of the Forest tileset on Earth. You’re in for a treat.

- Polarity management for gear that you’ve Forma’d.

- New Warframe that might have somehow slipped into the last prime time ;)

- Brand new in-game HUD that I’m drooling over.

- Dynamic character portraits - giving more personality to the characters who guide and taunt you.

- Enemy Leaders (supercharged AI that buff their allies).

- On the PS4 side, in a best case scenario (all testing passed), you can potentially expect the long overdue Update 11.5 + this week, but as testing continues it could be next week.

Also, a few things that I’ve been working on personally:

- A redistribution of the void drop tables to help with its long term health and increase the odds of getting gear you want.

- Endless Defense missions in the Void.

- Official Public Void Drops (where to find what) – this will be in text form and available outside game until the Codex is properly hooked up.   

And now to look at today, what can you expect today?

A small part of the team are focusing on this week’s Reinforcement/response to bugs and the fixes coming with it, but most are hard at work on the above (and beyond) so we can get it to you as soon as possible.

DE_Sheldon

P.S. Oh, you were wondering about Update 12? Let’s just say it’s coming within the timeframe above and contains so much more that I just can’t bring myself to spoil for you…..yet.

Official public void drops. Not too shabby, but we had access to that stuff for a long time, it's called datamining. You know, something we can't do any more thanks to encrypting the drop tables.

Also, you're not gonna spoil anything for us by telling us what you have planned. If anything, by not telling us, we can't offer feedback or suggestions. I'm going to assume that you're keeping it secret because it'll either be 1) Underwhelming, 2) Reviled by all the players, or 3) Both of the above.

Most companies are super-happy to talk about these big changes to get everyone hyped up and get free advertising via word-of-mouth and whatnot. So I can only assume fear is what's keeping it secret. I don't hate you guys or the game, I just hate the lack of information, communication, months of broken promises, band-aid fixes, poor choices (Damage 2.whatever right now is needlessly complicated). Months back, I loved this game like you wouldn't believe, but after all the crap like RNG being made worse despise Scott or Steve saying they know how bad it is, I feel the best thing I can do for my friends is to warn them away from Warfarm.

Can you please expand trading? It doesn't take a genius to know that it is a great success and allows the community to help each other a lot. Add material trading. Add credit trading. And most importantly : PLEASE ADD component trading! 

If you do that, half the RNG problems will be solved! 

P.S Credit trading will be for Rank 3+ to avoid Credit spammers. 

- Polarity management for gear that you’ve Forma’d.

With this coming is it possible for you guys to go back and add polarities to weapons that no longer have them? This would greatly reduce the tedium of Warframe that you guys always say you want to reduce. Adding a polarity to every weapon in the game lacking one would really help.

• a sustainable way to challenge ourselves (EG: not another lephantis!)

• a means of rewarding exploration of the road less traveled (in terms of strategies, frames, builds, and literal exploration. you've built a huge game, create some situations that encourage using more than the same loadout/frames/tactics over and over)

• more than pure number scaling (eg: not endless def/surv)

Please make them power power resistant or otherwise challenging to defeat or we'll just faceroll them with a single press of 4..and never notice.

Since I don't want to quote a wall of text, I will link instead so those not interested can just skip it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/

it will interesting to see all this new stuff. hopefully it wont take to long to hit the ps4 after the p.c. patch.

for me, thats the worst part, watching everyone else talk about the new stuff and then just waiting, and waiting to play it.

the game is still a pretty fresh feeling to me, so im excited for whatever to come down the line. more frames, more customizable items, lore...etc. i would love seeing detailed bios on each character, weapon, faction, and warframe in the codex section.

This may sound redundant.  It's probably completely redundant.

But are there any plans to provide content for players who just want something to do in Warframe? 

I will explain this in more detail:

I don't play this game for progression anymore;  neither do I play it for fun.

The last time I played Warframe on a consistent basis was with the old Infested Xini/Cyath runs.  I would pop in for a game or five a day, slaughtering infested mindlessly while listening to a d&d podcast or some music in the background.  That was fun.

It was fun, and pretty much a pushover for most people.  But it was something mindless to do in the game that was fun.

Is there any plans to bring back a bit of the "mindless/easy" fun gameplay for players?  Obviously it's pointless to cater to (what I would imagine) a minority within the greater playerbase: those who casually play the game for neither progression nor challenge, but just "fun", but since such content already exists (or existed), are there any plans to bring such content back?

I won't get my hopes up until something different actually happen. Still all just promises.

I am gonna take for granted that I will still be grinding for cells, that Burston Prime receiver and Fang Prime blade are gonna refuse to drop as rewards and that there is impossible to get any glaive parts after U12 has come.