Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Perfect Way To Nerf Nova

StuffedTurkey007

Remove anything from MP and you can trash the Nova. 75 shield 100 life... No invincibility/resistance when casting.

Remove explosion : you remove all the fun of the frame when you're in the low level. Explosion in ODD is pointless at some moment.

Remove CC : You're dead instantly after casting as you'll get rushed and no way to counter/resist

Remove x2 : the frame become uninterresting to be taken for high end gameplay.

Remove some time : I guess you can nerf that point.

The question is : why do you want to nerf something ? are you just jealous ?

1- You also remove the ability for Nova to clear a room and make everyone else feel useless.

2- Then maybe you shouldn't be casting it 3 rooms ahead of everyone else. Nova isn't supposed to solo.

3- She's still got stun on Null Star, Wormhole for mobility, and AMD is still a nuke, albeit one that requires actual preparation.

Jealous? No. I built a Nova. Shelved her before Rank 6. Why? She's boring. Her 4 is just overpowering to the point of ridiculousness on anything below Void runs.

2. Not being able to recast prime until effect of previous prime has finished or all affected enemies are dead. For this to be successful the duration of prime will have to be reduced (which it should be anyway). I would think a hard 15s would be right. I would also love to see kills by the warframe ability ONLY give shared Warframe XP, in the same proportion as the shared kills. If weapon XP is wanted, stuff has to be killed with...well weapons, believe it or not.

The problem with this is that there could still be stragglers, or maybe a glitch that one enemy is in the wall and you don't notice it throughout the entire mission.

But am all in for Shared EXP, that's still has been my only complaint about Nova.

I got a better perfect way to nerf Nova.

Buff the rest of the frames.

Seriously? The game is easy enough as it is. If we just buff everything instead of bringing things to a common ground, this game's going to turn into Maplestory.

Saying "Buff it all!" instead of "Nerf the few that stand up too high!" is simply encouraging power creep, which in turn will require a huge buff to enemies in order to keep the game anywhere near balance. In the end, the result is the same as just nerfing that one thing, except it's much more work for the devs. We call this "The Maplestory Cycle".

Edited by SortaRandom

how about no.

Nova was based on ANTI-MATTER which has very, very violent reactions with regular matter hence why MP is so damn powerful. Also at higher levels the ability becomes more of slow proc, like 1.0 freeze damage and AM-Drop is really what does the damage.

in all nova=/=nerf

The issue is that M Prime is like the jack-of-all-trades of Ultimates, except it beats every other ultimate in pretty much every way.

- Crowd control? Check.

- +Damage from all other incoming attacks? Check.

- Insane slowdown? Check.

- Ridiculously long duration that can't be shortened? Check.

Only the first has anything to do with antimatter. M Prime should only be creating cataclysmic explosions. Debuffs are entirely unnecessary; it's no longer adding icing to the cake at this point, it's more like stacking another cake on top of the first cake.

M Prime does pretty much anything that any other ultimate does, but better. That should never be the case.

Edited by SortaRandom

I built a Nova. Shelved her before Rank 6.

Then, truth be told, you don't know exactly how well Nova fairs in higher level missions, then.

Yes, at low levels she's very powerful. Higher levels negate much of her power, and she can die faster than any other frame. Though I agree Nova could be worked upon - no warframe is perfect - I disagree that totally nerfing the only skill that truly aids the group isn't going to help matters.

Edited by SoulEchelon

The fact that you see Nova users spam MPrime on low level missions, doesn't mean there is something wrong with her.

She got quite nerfed with the new damage system anyway.

She has a lot to offer in a team, which is what other frames should also be doing, and this is thanks to her buffs and debuffs; if you remove those she will be another useless and selfish frame, much like Valkyr.

Also, don't forget how she is not op in the sense that she cannot do this alone in a mission. As mentioned above, she is one of the weakest frames in terms of defense.

Yes, at low levels she's very powerful. Higher levels negate much of her power, and she can die faster than any other frame. Though I agree Nova could be worked upon - no warframe is perfect - I disagree that totally nerfing the only skill that truly aids the group isn't going to help matters.

I think she's very strong at high levels too. Because of fleeting expertise + streamline, she can cast a move for 25 energy that is a little too powerful for 25 energy. It's CC may not be as strong as Vauban's, but he has to pay 50-75 for his (assuming he's not using fleeting), and Nova's CC lasts for 60 seconds, compared to his smaller duration. It also applies a damage debuff.

Also, don't forget how she is not op in the sense that she cannot do this alone in a mission. As mentioned above, she is one of the weakest frames in terms of defense.

I thought M Prime was one of the moves that didn't get nerfed - it wasn't armor ignore, correct? Armor ignore abilities were the ones that got nerfed because the armor ignore was removed.

Also, I generally rate how OP a frame is based on it's performance in a group - after all, the most difficult missions in the game, such as T3 defense, are generally completed with 2 or more frames.

I think she's very strong at high levels too. Because of fleeting expertise + streamline-

Had to stop you there. Any frame with those two mods are incredibly powerful energy conservation-wise. Put Valkyr with those two and she's indestructible for an incredible amount of time, even with the heavy losses in power duration (which can be fixed by adding power duration+ mods like Continuity). Give Vauban those two and he can spam hundreds of Teslas whenever he wants. Basically, throw that combination on any warframe that doesn't have to worry too much about power duration, and it becomes heavily overpowered. Nova isn't the only one.

Vorigan, on 26 Jan 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

The fact that you see Nova users spam MPrime on low level missions, doesn't mean there is something wrong with her.

She has a lot to offer in a team, which is what other frames should also be doing, and this is thanks to her buffs and debuffs; if you remove those she will be another useless and selfish frame, much like Valkyr.

Funny why do so many people play Nova then, because shes played more than every other frame? Edited by DaveC

Had to stop you there. Any frame with those two mods are incredibly powerful energy conservation-wise. Put Valkyr with those two and she's indestructible for an incredible amount of time, even with the heavy losses in power duration (which can be fixed by adding power duration+ mods like Continuity). Give Vauban those two and he can spam hundreds of Teslas whenever he wants. Basically, throw that combination on any warframe that doesn't have to worry too much about power duration, and it becomes heavily overpowered. Nova isn't the only one.

Basically, this.

Stunlocking enemies and bosses with Volt is incredibly fun.

Edited by SortaRandom

Funny why do so many people play Nova then, because shes played more than every other frame

Rhino still at the throne for most-play frame. Trinity is on par with Nova, why not many people play her then?

Number of player play a frame doesn't determine the frame's opness. 

The perfect nerf is no nerf.

It's a "jack-of-all-trades" that's an expert in everything and beats every other ultimate in every department. Justify that for me, please.

Edited by SortaRandom

It's a "jack-of-all-trades" that's an expert in everything and beats every other ultimate in every department. Justify that for me, please.

Here's a justify, strongest ultimate doesn't mean strongest frame. As it been list several times if you read this whole thread comments. 

When you compare abilities, you also compare the frame. Without frame, abilities can't function. 

How do you justify the need of teammates in a frame such as Nova/ Can she solo well like other frames? Survive well like other frames? Is nightmare mode even an option for her? 

Had to stop you there. Any frame with those two mods are incredibly powerful energy conservation-wise. Put Valkyr with those two-

Had to stop you there. Valkyr can get cheap indestructibility, yes, but at the cost of not being able to do hardly any damage (late game) for the entire duration. It's good for drawing aggro or reviving fallen allies, but that's where the usefulness wanes. Nova's ult, on the other hand, debuffs enemies to both take double damage and slow them by 50%. Also, at least with Valkyr you have to offset Fleeting with duration mods - with Nova, you don't even have to.

Funny why do so many people play Nova then, because shes played more than every other frame?

Rhino still at the throne for most-play frame. Trinity is on par with Nova, why not many people play her then?

Number of player play a frame doesn't determine the frame's opness. 

Fellow Tenno answered your question there, but I'd like to add one more reason; Nova is actually useful in a team and also fun to play.

One could say it's even her speed, as we know how most of us like the fast pace in this game. I use Nova many times just for that great ability to run fast and throw warmholes when I'm bored.

after all this time i still don't understand all these talks about Nova...

frame is a horrible abomination. and Rhino is just BETTER. Shee is just better.

jeez you people are strange.

Edited by Althix

Well they could just remove or reduce some of the debuffs from M Prime to begin with. It's original design in the design council was just damage and then it ended up with 50% move/attack speed slow and 200% damage on top.

even a dps frame need something to keep her alive as well. 

btw, I got a nice example for you, have you play Banshee? If you did then Banshee is Nova's version with m-prime without it's slowness. (if I were to describe her)

Currently, Banshee's sonar is what one considered to be good at end game, it's increase your damage similar to Nova's m-prime. But if I were to bring Banshee to high level solo mission, or any survival mission without any other frames to help. She got 0 survibility because sonar is just there to increase her damage, if the enemies kill her before she damage, she will die. 

So banshee is Nova without the slowness debuff. Banshee still have sonic boom to slap away the mobs, Nova don't have that. 

Which is why, if I were to take a closer look at Banshee, she actually need more look at than Valkyr.