The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Bail On Survival...

(PSN)Levi_Skardsen

... with just 10-15 seconds left until the 30 minute mark. It's happened to me 3 times in a row today.

Sometimes it really feels like the worst players choose to do survival. Yesterday there was a mid-geared Rhino in there who was downed 5 times and hit the life-support as soon as they appeared. At the results screen, he had the most damage taken, the other players were Mag and Frost. He never used Iron Skin once...

Maybe I'm just really unlucky.

... with just 10-15 seconds left until the 30 minute mark. It's happened to me 3 times in a row today.

Sometimes it really feels like the worst players choose to do survival. Yesterday there was a mid-geared Rhino in there who was downed 5 times and hit the life-support as soon as they appeared. At the results screen, he had the most damage taken, the other players were Mag and Frost. He never used Iron Skin once...

Maybe you are a bit unlucky, but then again I don't play survival that often. Still, we could all benefit from a system that would allow people to leave when they want without causing the mission to end for people who don't want to leave just yet.

^ This. Don't play with randoms when you want to go for a specific amount of time (i.e. anything more than 15 minutes lol).  They will do the craziest things. I've seen players running and hitting life supports as soon as they appear, no matter what your percentage is. Play with friends and invite only on survival.

Edited by (PS4)Icingdeath1

That's what I've had to resort to, but I feel like I could go longer with a group that knew what they were doing. That's what I get for playing with randoms.

I'll suggest two different things for randoms but even I have to admit that they are not incredibly effective.

1) If you don't mind lag and high ping so much, try to play in a different region. I have done it already and I've seen people from different areas of the world playing the same missions in very different ways. This doesn't mean you will get exactly what you want just by switching regions, but it is one option you could try if it interests you.

2) If you haven't done so already, try to talk to the other players. Tell them you'd like to go for 30 min at the start of the mission and see if they agree with it. Again, this is a very unreliable strategy and you will often only get silence from other players. But there's always people out there who are willing to cooperate. As long as you don't make it seem like you're demanding something you will probably not get much hate from other players.

I love doing survival, I tend to try and hit it at the 70% mark :P and I use a nova...so I generally spam MP till everything is dead.

yeah, some of the worst people gather in survival. when i had one of those "activate-immediately"-guys, and told him in the chat he should only activate below 70% (in a polite way, mind you), another guy in the game instantly replied with "halt die fresse" ("shut your mouth" in german) and ragequitted 1 minute later without an apparent reason.

I got insta-activate guys too. Recently I was lucky, that beside him there were two guys who understood english. We just stayd there long enough for mobs to kill him, and we didn't revived him.

After second time he probably ragequitted. Or he was out of revives.

If there's just one gy like that and you can communicate with the others, make everything to ragequit the troll. Bounce, Ripline, anything.

There is no point staying longer than 15 minutes. Although i do tend to do it, the drops after 15 minutes are useless at most times. If i get one more Reflection Guard ..... :(

I play it more for gaining resources than for the rewards now a days. Even void missions are starting to tick me off .. 2 Mag prime blueprints, a key and then again a mag prime blueprint has that affect on me ...

I've been going to more T3 survivals in the hope of better drops .. it appears mag prime is popular on all levels -_-

yeah, some of the worst people gather in survival. when i had one of those "activate-immediately"-guys, and told him in the chat he should only activate below 70% (in a polite way, mind you), another guy in the game instantly replied with "halt die fresse" ("shut your mouth" in german) and ragequitted 1 minute later without an apparent reason.

yeah some ppl get mad for no reason though even if ask politly .______.

I love doing survival, I tend to try and hit it at the 70% mark :P and I use a nova...so I generally spam MP till everything is dead.i wonder why 

i wonder why some ppl tht are new play survival if 40% will lose right away .____. no hate please 

40% tends to be my limit, sometimes lower and then pick up individual life support modules to boost it up.

Generally speaking, it's best to leave it as long as possible and get the majority of life support from enemies. Stay in one area, let them come to you, kill them all on the same spot. If played correctly, you should have 2 on the field, with a third on the way, by the time you activate it.

Generally speaking, it's best to leave it as long as possible and get the majority of life support from enemies. Stay in one area, let them come to you, kill them all on the same spot. If played correctly, you should have 2 on the field, with a third on the way, by the time you activate it.

Exactly :)

I love Survival and I go in consistently to level warframes, weapons, etc. It is the best way to level anything plus it is the best resource of fusion cores. I try to choose the appropriate survival based on the warframe level. But even in unranked Nyx (before the absorb fix), Nekros, and others I can make it to 25-30 minutes no problem. It all depends on the mission and the rest of my teammates. 

We activate at 50% or less. sometimes we get by the skin of our teeth and activate at 5%. That is only due to blood lust sinking in. 

The best survival experience I had was on a tier 3 infested survival alert. I had 3 clanmates and a random in the group. The random found a hiding spot and never appeared. Since we never saw him and the mission was ridiculously easy we kept going even though we had clearly met the timeline. Even at 20 minutes it was still easy and our hider was still no where to be seen. You wouldn't even see the personal life support drops coming from his area. At 23 minutes he decided to drop. We had our fill of fusion cores and since I was leveling my Nova I was like ok lets leave at 25. My clanmates had a sense of victory that we could outlast a camper.

The worst I had was when I went to a different survival than apollodorus or infested Mimas. I was doing the first corpus survival on venus. They were flooding the extraction at 5 mins. It was kind of sad since it really derailed the experience I was going for.

RIP Infested Mimas...

I know you PC guys have dealt with this for awhile but we just lost it yesterday. It is still a fresh wound.

It's possible to carry other 3 players if you have good gears and modded warframe. We usually reach 35-40 mins until the host state the need to go somewhere irl. Maybe it's b/c I play as Nekros and Loki. It's hilarious that none of my teammate know there was a Loki in the group until they're downed and got revived by invisible, radial-disarming-decoy-switcher force.

That's what I've had to resort to, but I feel like I could go longer with a group that knew what they were doing. That's what I get for playing with randoms.

I have to say that's very unlucky... I have been playing survival on Mercury and getting 30-35 minute runs. Great for speed leveling. Well that's the main reason we all do it lol.