Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'best' To 'worst' Frames Poll

Sh1n3y

I find it bad in general to rate a frame on its own

Booben and Loki together turn every faction into a cookie breaking, remove the weapons from the enemy and watch them run into boobens rave cave.

Valkyr is broken in pvp ( but who cares about that) other then that she is the best frame to move fast to a downed buddy or life support While thats not so so so so so usefull its something.

Ash is

And some frames that count as amazing burn each other out.

What is the point of a nyx and her chaos if the rave cave of booben will just stun them ?

Necros is the closest thing you get to batman in this game so far...

Having all the frames and testing them to their full limits by going to 2+hr survivals or 200 wave defenses is completely different.

It doesn't take a wave two-hundred defense to show you the limit of a frame. Most damage dealing frames fall-off WAY earlier, and CC frames continue to do their thing regardless of level. 

At higher levels, Nova stops killing entire rooms, Rhino stops killing entire rooms, Iron Skin ceases to prevent you from getting one-shot, and Loki keeps doing his thing. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I can understand Frost, but why Vauban? Vauban is a one faction wonder, amazing against infested meh against the other two main factions.

My gripe with this is that Loki was put into mid tier despite being able to turn any mission into a pseudo-infested mission (and he excels against the infested). Loki should be high-tier or above.

Because Vauban + Frost = Protection from everything

frost's not brilliant at infested pop a globe woo a tiny bit of slowing in a small area meh

besides frost is one trick pony the only reason people base frost as high tier are because he can sit in a globe and protect against nearly anything this should not be the reason he is classed in certain tiers as his other abilities are not even considered

frost

survivability-high dependant on snow globe

damage= .... nothing to say so = low/mid tier

cc=pff don't see any not counting snow globe=low tier

skills= low tier for 1/2/4 ability

Because Vauban + Frost = Protection from everything

Why would his synergy with another frame warrant him making tier one? That reasoning would bump quite a few frames up to god-tier (Loki+Vauban for example). Vauban should remain in tier 2, and Loki should also get moved up to tier 2. Oh man... I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Please believe me when I say I'm not as crazy pro-loki as I sound... I do have two Loki's though.

u0V7Pps.jpg

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Guest Shibboleet

It doesn't take a wave two-hundred defense to show you the limit of a frame. Most damage dealing frames fall-off WAY earlier, and CC frames continue to do their thing regardless of level. 

At higher levels, Nova stops killing entire rooms, Rhino stops killing entire rooms, Iron Skin ceases to prevent you from getting one-shot, and Loki keeps doing his thing. 

Odd how Banshee is so low on your list then.

Odd how Banshee is so low on your list then.

What list? I never gave my personal opinion on the frame tiers as a whole. Banshee's only worthwhile ability is sonar, sonic boom shouldn't be necessary later on, silence is silence, and sound quake's cc is worthless when compared to other frames. Sonar is nice but hardly worth the slot she takes up on a team. I'd only take/recommend taking a banshee if you can't get one of the other frames. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Guest Shibboleet

What list? I never gave my personal opinion on the frame tiers as a whole. Banshee's only worthwhile ability is sonar, sonic boom shouldn't be necessary later on, silence is silence, and sound quake's cc is worthless when compared to other frames. Sonar is nice but hardly worth the slot she takes up on a team. I'd only take/recommend taking a banshee if you can't get one of the other frames. 

The old highest tier infested -Kala-azar- record was done using a Banshee.

(Post damage 2.0, right before the removal of infested)

Edited by Shibboleet

I feel like if you're going to execute a poll based on fighting against high level enemies, it would seem that asking anyone who wants to answer on the forum is a bad way to go about it.  

Yes. Some people have much more experience and can probably more adequately rank the frames at high level. I just though it would be helpful to summarize all the opinions on that previous post. Not saying this is the ultimate ranking and no one can disagree with it. I still think it's a fairly accurate representation. 

How can you justify the result of the poll with such a small sample size?

I'm not saying this poll is the gold standard from which everyone should 100% agree and base their opinion. Fifty-two people ranked the frames and there were three-hundred and sixty-seven comments ranking individual frames. No, statistically speaking, this isn't the best of sample sizes, but it's decent. It's just a summary. 

Take it leave it guys. This is just collected/summarized information. 

I don't see Nova in the god tier like most people do. Sure her abilities can get her far but alone she's doomed. She's high tier. I categorize Trinity in God tier because she can survive and get far the most by herself.

My list:

God tier: Trinity

High tier: Nova, Rhino, Vauban, Nyx, Loki

Mid tier: Frost, Nekros, Mag, Banshee, Saryn, Excalibur, Ember

Low tier: Ash, Valkyr

Edited by kubbi

I think to say that we cannot split them into separate faction and mission types takes away from the best frames. Some frames are good against some and bad against others. If this is really an average rank of all situations (faction/missions) and considering that this thread is solely about high level (which in my opinion can only be attained from survival and defense) then nekros should be a very high tier, considering he is needed in every single survival (high level).

To the people who put banshee on a low tier my question is this: In high level (where enemies 1 shot you) banshee has 3 useful abilities. Rhino on the other hand has 2 useful abilities at this point. So why is it that Rhino is so high up on everyones lists?

Banshee: 1.Great pushback excellent for defense 2. Sonar (don't need to explain this one) 3.--    4.Longest range stagger in the game, can stunlock

Rhino: 1. Charge into where they 1 shot you? Nope. 2. Iron Skin where they one shot you? Nope. 3. Roar (obvious) 4. Stomp is great crowd control

So why is something with 2 useful abilities at high level better than something with 3?

I think to say that we cannot split them into separate faction and mission types takes away from the best frames. Some frames are good against some and bad against others. If this is really an average rank of all situations (faction/missions) and considering that this thread is solely about high level (which in my opinion can only be attained from survival and defense) then nekros should be a very high tier, considering he is needed in every single survival (high level).

To the people who put banshee on a low tier my question is this: In high level (where enemies 1 shot you) banshee has 3 useful abilities. Rhino on the other hand has 2 useful abilities at this point. So why is it that Rhino is so high up on everyones lists?

Banshee: 1.Great pushback excellent for defense 2. Sonar (don't need to explain this one) 3.--    4.Longest range stagger in the game, can stunlock

Rhino: 1. Charge into where they 1 shot you? Nope. 2. Iron Skin where they one shot you? Nope. 3. Roar (obvious) 4. Stomp is great crowd control

So why is something with 2 useful abilities at high level better than something with 3?

There are only really categories of missions: Endless, Exterm, and Rush-able objective. The frame tiers for the first one are going to feature the frames with high CC/utility and surviviability. The second most often just requires high damage, CC and utility are usually unnecessary (but they're nice) and survivability is ignore-able. Rush-able objective games do not require CC, Utility, or Survivability. Frames that do the best here are those frames with high sprint speed and high mobility (to a lesser extent).

Banshee: 1. Pretty useless once you get to the point where Rhino with iron skin is getting oneshotted. 2. Good. 3. Terrible. 4. A long range stagger isn't all that impressive. And there are other abilities with just as much range that impair enemies for far longer (Radial Blind). 

Rhino: 1. Great mobility skill, also happens to knockdown enemies (so they wouldn't be oneshotting you). 2. Good up to that point, a waste of energy beyond. 3. Good. 4. Good.

Rhino has 3 useful abilities at high level, Banshee has 2 (She'd be dead from stray bullets before SB could do anything). The amount of still usable abilities a frame has at high level aren't the measure of success. It is how useful those abilities are at that level that matter. At high levels, the only ability of Banshee's that is useful is Sonar (SQ too if you're playing solo, otherwise there should be a better CC frame so SQ is a waste of time)

I don't see Nova in the god tier like most people do. Sure her abilities can get her far but alone she's doomed. She's high tier. I categorize Trinity in God tier because she can survive and get far the most by herself.

My list:

God tier: Trinity

High tier: Nova, Rhino, Vauban, Nyx

Mid tier: Frost, Nekros, Mag, Banshee, Saryn, Excalibur, Loki, Ember

Low tier: Ash, Valkyr

Why is Loki mid-tier? He has better survivability than most of the frames in high-tier and has a hard counter to all factions. If you're basing your list on how frames can get by themselves you might as well just bump Loki up to god-tier. He is the god of solo.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Guest Shibboleet

Why is Loki mid-tier? He has better survivability than most of the frames in high-tier and has a hard counter to all factions. If you're basing your list on how frames can get by themselves you might as well just bump Loki up to god-tier. He is the god of solo.

Probably because survivability is not something you look for in end game, which this thread seems based upon. Not saying that I 100% agree with his list though.

Edited by Shibboleet

These tier threads only breed flaming and disarry in the community. There doesnt need to be segregation in the way frames are played. Sure a certain frame is better in certain areas doesnt mean that another is useless. Remember this game is still improving. Im simply just disgusted with these threads already.

Edited by Phobose

Probably because survivability is not something you look for in end game, which this thread seems based upon. Not saying that I 100% agree with his list though.

I only mentioned survivability because the person I was responding to brought it up to support Trinity over other frames. Loki has great survivability AND has utility. He also doesn't have to worry about being the target of endless staggers/knockdowns like Trinity does.

Guest Shibboleet

I only mentioned survivability because the person I was responding to brought it up to support Trinity over other frames. Loki has great survivability AND has utility. He also doesn't have to worry about being the target of endless staggers/knockdowns like Trinity does.

Trinity gives immunity to the whole team for 28 seconds with a 1.2 second gap. Link makes her immune to staggers/knockdowns when linked with something which is not hard to do since link lasts as long as blessing. Sure, Radial Disarm gives Loki the ability to make every faction infested, but Trinity has the ability to make every faction helpless.

but Trinity has the ability to make every faction helpless.

No, she doesn't. The factions are just as dangerous as always. Her teammates don't necessarily have link, so what stops them from being staggered to death (staggered until blessing wears off and then just killed)? Invisibility removes this threat altogether, and in a team setting Radial Disarm+Decoy does the job nicely.