Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Detron Components Obtainable In Harvester Mission Via Stealth

shut

Right now, letting yourself get killed by the Harvester takes away your precious chance at a Detron, and, cool cutscene and concept aside, doesn't award you with anything, really.

My suggestion:

- Put a small room inside the Harvester mission area (the place you go when captured) that contains a canister resembling those that you open to get your weapons back. Opening the canister will yield a single Detron part. Doesn't have to be anything new; just an ordinary dead-end room with a canister sitting inside it.

- The room will close itself immediately upon being detected by the enemy, so stealth is the only way to enter it. Can only be opened from the inside.

- The room will not appear on the minimap. It must be found through manual searching and exploration.

Basically, a stealth- and exploration-based opportunity to obtain a Detron part if you get killed by Harvester. Icing on the cake.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Note that this is not a "reward" for losing to the Harvester. It's merely a "second chance" at an opportunity that arises so rarely, especially for players who lost the fight because of insufficient gear.

Edited by SortaRandom

I don't think you should be rewarded for dying to the harvester. Honestly we should be thankful we don't lose anything at all. 

It's not a reward. You still get a guaranteed part if you just kill the thing.

It's a "second chance" that tests your skills rather than your stats.

Edited by SortaRandom

Right now, letting yourself get killed by the Harvester takes away your precious chance at a Detron, and, cool cutscene and concept aside, doesn't award you with anything, really.

My suggestion:

- Put a small room inside the Harvester mission area (the place you go when captured) that contains a canister resembling those that you open to get your weapons back. Opening the canister will yield a single Detron part. Doesn't have to be anything new; just an ordinary dead-end room with a canister sitting inside it.

- The room will close itself immediately upon being detected by the enemy, so stealth is the only way to enter it. Can only be opened from the inside.

- The room will not appear on the minimap. It must be found through manual searching and exploration.

Basically, a stealth- and exploration-based opportunity to obtain a Detron part if you get killed by Harvester. Icing on the cake.

Thoughts?

EDIT: No, this does not mean that killing Harvester will not yield Detron parts. This suggestion is merely a difficult, faint "second chance" if you lose the battle due to not having proper gear or something.

It is good idea to give players a chance in get the detron when lacking gear or wanting a diferent way to acomplish the same, yesterday when encounter him, i had 1 weapon almost unmodded and other fully modded, well when trying with the unmodded (2 mods only serration&multishot), its was tough fight for little time, the moment I switched, he died at second shot.

All of this to say, the challenge in harvester is on him to appear, not the fight, wich is odd, since we carry a rare weapon, but with any modded weapon, he doesnt present a treath to you, but if you lack mods, it isnt a fair fight, and to a rare enemy, this can be even more frustrating than the drop itself.

I already got the weapon, and it was the most dispointing experience in warframe since i started playing, mostly bc he only appeared yesterday for the first time, and for a Foe that try to be at par with the stalker, i was only nervous the first time, all the others i just wanted to get over with. 

this sounds interesting.

so then, if we mix Stealth with Exploration and creativity, players could still find a Detron part.

not just sitting in some closet like your own equipment though :/

should be either in some back &#! corner of the map or inside a research lab that has a few guards and locked doors you must hack open.

if enemies see you they would instantly run to the nearest panel and cause an Emergency, locking the doors to Detron permanently.

and to make it even more amusing (for everyone else) the entire Research lab should have all Glass walls. that way you can still see Detron, but can't get to it. *maniacal laughter*

but just be Stealthy and creative to even find the Research lab in the first place (wouldn't be an objective so you'd need to just randomly look for it), and quietly get inside and take the part.

there should probably be a vent you can use to get out of that lab to the outside to skip going back the way you came - and so that if you get locked in, you can still get out. it would be a one way vent though, so no using it to get in.

edit:

otherwise - we have Veteran players defending unpolished systems like Stalker and Harvester - saying it's good because it's a gear check. psst - gear checks are always a bad thing. skill checks are good though, and this 'second chance' would be a skill check.

Edited by taiiat