The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Let The Grineer Take Over The Whole Starchart, And See How De Responds

leonvision

Pry tell, how is the current invasion system flawed?

I have yet to actually see any in-depth analysis and arguments.

The system is meant to be dynamic and represent the desires of the playerbase. As such, it is working as intended. If the Grineer is winning it is because the playerbase wishes so.

If the playerbase desires aiding the Grineer merely due to the Detron then once it has been acquired by the majority then the so-called balance will be restored (and that's while assuming that there is not a majority which prefers one faction over the other to begin with).

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Pry tell, how is the current invasion system flawed?

I have yet to actually see any in-depth analysis and arguments.

The system is meant to be dynamic and represent the desires of the playerbase. As such, it is working as intended. If the Grineer is winning it is because the playerbase wishes so.

If the playerbase desires aiding the Grineer merely due to the Detron then once it has been acquired by the majority then the so-called balance will be restored (and that's while assuming that there is not a majority which prefers one faction over the other to begin with).

Best Regards,

Well said, and once a greneer "stalker" is created it will be in the reverse...said people *@##$ing about a system that they don't like and calling it "fact" is really just someone trying to tell others what to think.  I'll make my own opinions and I happen to like the dynamic player driven content thank you. People griped they didn't have enough say in the games development and now that they do..they still gripe....ugh....might i suggest you play a game of quarters or are you gonna gripe that your quarter isn't shiny enough?

Edited by Zaresin

Blame the Detron.

I have simple solution for that - add Grineer Stalker with Brakk.

Yeah this may bring "balance" ..but may also bring forth further chaos.

They should revert the current invasion mission to how it was when it was first introduce, exterminate and battle pay without trying to incorporate other enemy/reward/elements thay may influence player choice (such as the harvester->detron?).

You dont need to ask OP, the solar map will ultimately be conquered by the grineer. its a matter of time.

They can fix this by Introducing a Grineer Stalker type that drops Brakk, with an identical system as the Detron, That way it isn't an entirely 1 sided fight, as it currently is.

Or better yet, Have Copydog give his mark for killing Only Corpus bosses and as I stated above, A grineer Stalker for Grineer bosses, Make the Stalker more common and these Faction specific Stalkers more Rare.

so as the title says, i think we should let one side, the closer side, the grineer take over the ENTIRE starchart and see how DE responds, and see when will they come out and admit the invasion system currently is a flawed system. and yes, im aware boss nodes cant be taken over or invaded, but that leaves only...6 corpus nodes on the entire starchart.

and before people say loyalty or whatever, this shouldnt be about which faction you prefer to support, but about getting DE to admit the invasion system is a flawed system and a failed experiment.

Nuts to that.  Where will I be able to get my "greedy milk" fresh squeeze from?

It's all a bit crazy and it's the fault of player greed, not the system.

DE revealed their innocent minds in a previous live stream when it was said that the Detron was supposed to be something people would get eventually, over time, as a by-product of playing the game.  They did not expect players to single-mindedly grind for it.

But even understanding a single-minded desire for the Detron, it surprises me that it would have that much effect on the invasions.  As far as I'm aware a mark does not go away if you support Corpus, it remains until you are attacked.  (Feel free to correct me and ignore the rest of this if I'm wrong about that.)  You get marked after ONE mission supporting Grineer (at least, I did).  Sooo...  Could you not do 1 mission for Grineer, get your mark and then do 6+ for Corpus to help them hold their nodes?  Once you get attacked do 1 more Grineer support and switch back to Corpus again?

Regardless, the experiment cannot be said to have failed until it has run it's course naturally.  Your attempt to sabotage the experiment would prove nothing.

It's all a bit crazy and it's the fault of player greed, not the system.

whether it's player greed or not, the fact that the system even allows players to have control of content is evident it's flawed, the fact that players can remove content is detrimental to the game. the system should allow the starchart to move around abit, shuffle the deck, not completely remove portions of content from the game.

also, look at europa, it would be all grineer by the end of the day, except for the boss node, and that's all done in the past 4 days alone.

Edited by leonvision

Pretty sure people are overreacting to the Grineer advance on Europa anyway.

I think their Europa takeover was pretty awesome, actually! I'm not used to seeing this type of thing in games.

It's funny though, because DE mentioned "supporting Grineer" to agitate the situation with Alad V and Harvester, yet still you can receive the "Harvester mark" for supporting Corpus as well.

I just wonder how long it'll take until everyone understands that now it doesn't matter which faction you support, you WILL be marked for a Harvester visit regardless.

DE revealed their innocent minds in a previous live stream when it was said that the Detron was supposed to be something people would get eventually, over time, as a by-product of playing the game.  They did not expect players to single-mindedly grind for it.

So, something else they didn't spend 2 minutes to think through?

From a gameplay aspect it would become boring but on the other hand, it would certainly be a interesting social experiment.

Indeed,I mean,if we can get enough people to do this (support the Grineer to erase all Corpus) it would prove that humans can be easily manipulated by media and will crowd together to support one specific cause...much like what's happening right now in Ukraine.

The Corpus are simply unliked.

I imagine DE will make it so that the further Corpus are pushed back the stronger their forces and prizes escalate, or similar.

Or, perhaps, create an entire event-driven "forced" campaign to aid the Corpus out into the street and "restore balance".

Best Regards,

I think their Europa takeover was pretty awesome, actually! I'm not used to seeing this type of thing in games.

You misunderstand.

I mean people are using Europa as a proof that the Grineer are favored. They are conveniently ignoring that the Grineer are the first to benefit from a more aggressive invasion system, and that Team Corpus could get a similar boost in territory, if given the chance. 

Edited by Kinperor

I just wonder how long it'll take until everyone understands that now it doesn't matter which faction you support, you WILL be marked for a Harvester visit regardless.

But Harvester only spawns if you have more completed battles for the Grineer than the Corpus, so having the mark means jack if you don't also support the Grineer. Check and mate.

Edited by Volthorne

It's funny though, because DE mentioned "supporting Grineer" to agitate the situation with Alad V and Harvester, yet still you can receive the "Harvester mark" for supporting Corpus as well.

Thank you for spreading this information. Seriously, people ought to know this. 

And they'll probably support grineer anyways. >.>

But. They should still know this information.

Have a cookie and some all natural greedy milk, made out of whole soy protein where no wild corpus were harmed during its production.