The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Let The Grineer Take Over The Whole Starchart, And See How De Responds

leonvision

You misunderstand.

I mean people are using Europa as a proof that the Grineer are favored. They are conveniently ignoring that the Grineer are the first to benefit from a more aggressive invasion system, and that Team Corpus could get a similar boost in territory, if given the chance. 

Corpus had a chance.  Their invasion of Sedna failed to take even a single planet, even though the rewards were equal on both sides.  That's the Harvester at work.

Ignoring the Harvester factor, the system right now should see us favoring the invader, whomever that may be, assuming all the invasion stuff, including the rewards, are randomly generated.  Our best way to get the rewards we really want (catalysts, reactors, etc) is to maximize the number of invaded planets.  Invaders winning means more planets invaded and therefore more chances at the best rewards.  It also means that, when the other side invades back, there's more planets to take back, and again... more chances at the loot we really want.

I very much doubt that DE would say "Well, grineer taking over everything is highly inconvenient for us, we're just going to reset everything and hope nobody notices". They're smarter than that. In fact they probably would think it was an interesting wrinkle is an unfolding saga, and then have some kind of new event aimed at swinging things back in an in-universe way.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It's kind of amusing how MMOG players in general are constantly rabid for new content and say they want an evolving experience, then somebody actually starts building a system where things can evolve and the players are like "Woah! But we liked the way it used to be!"

Edited by Momaw

And this exact situation is why I wanted to see invasions and star chart changes branched off into Seasons of "ranked" play. Maybe a season every 3 months while the system gets shake out.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147130-living-campaigns-improving-invasions-clan-conflict-and-warframes-evolving-story/

Leave the static star chart alone and have an optional "ranked" play version for the current Meta level scenario using Invasions and other systems. Once the season is done DE can take the results, look them over, and decide how to progress the story from there, updating the "static" star chart in a more balanced way.

so as the title says, i think we should let one side, the closer side, the grineer take over the ENTIRE starchart and see how DE responds, and see when will they come out and admit the invasion system currently is a flawed system. and yes, im aware boss nodes cant be taken over or invaded, but that leaves only...6 corpus nodes on the entire starchart.

and before people say loyalty or whatever, this shouldnt be about which faction you prefer to support, but about getting DE to admit the invasion system is a flawed system and a failed experiment.

Tell me what is so flawed and failed.

I regret upvoting this... While I support the idea of letting one faction take over the galaxy - just for S#&$s and giggles - I also love the invasion system. I want it to stay, I also just want Grineer Dominance to be inevitable.

A principle that failed.

Look at Europa

Look at Sedna

Something must be done now.

Ja, so either the flaw is self-evident or the resulting trend will continue to manifest itself until it becomes impossible to ignore.

OP's idea is still redundant. It should be enough that he started an informative discussion on the topic.

i feel very alone in my love for the Corpus. HAVE NONE OF YOU LISTENED TO THEIR CUTE CRYING VOICES!!!! 

go to the codex and listen to them, then when you have a good feel for the language add your own words to them, but make sure you say it like they would. its great!!!

i love you Corpus, i will necro you all back to life, so we can laugh at all of our silly times talking in crybaby speak.

Sooner or later it will be like that anyway. Introducing a stalker-like enemy just for one of the factions has led to an enormous imbalance in the invasion system (again, they should have learned from gradivus...)

you assume they didn't and we aren't playing right into their hands. Just sayin'