Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Taking Failing To The Extreme

Alighierian

I'm sure at least some of you have encountered one (or more) person(s) who said something so mind-numbingly silly,

that it made you want to design a monitor portal, so you could punch them instantaneously?

I'll start it off with a trinity who fits this description I encountered in a pug:

Our party took some hits from the infested swarming our mobile defence target, but the trinity wasn't healing.

When I asked why he wasn't, and if he even had blessing equipped (he didn't heal himself either), I got this reply:

"Blessing is useless, it does no damage."

"And it doesn't fit in my link build."

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't (attempting to) troll. he was constantly using link.

Even after I explained blessing offers 100% invincibility + healing versus the little damage reduction + a bit of damage on surrounding targets, he maintained his 'link build' idea.

Something tells me he should have picked rhino instead of trinity...

Has any of you folks encountered something like this, something so silly, it made you want to rage-quit your monitor out of your window?

(do try to keep it somewhat civil, so no direct naming and stuff)

I rolled on the floor when i read this. Clearly that person doesn't know how to support.

That 100% invincibility is infinitely useful in higher levels, especially void defense. If you use link and use blessing then jump in front of a laser, everything in your range of link dies instantly.

Edited by Shadowray

Oh man just reading this makes me want to kick his a$$. Now for my story:

Hmm... Oh yeah!

One time, I was hosting a T3 defense (Before it became super easy), and I had a nova in my team who wasn't coating the enemies, and I asked him why.

His responses:

1. "I don't use that power because it's for noobs who can't play the game".

2. and "It wouldn't fit in my null star and antimatter drop build".

Then I asked him if he had an aura equipped.

and his answer..."What's that?"

jjmt.jpg

a frost that hadnt snow globe equiped in t3 defense

Ugh. I've had to take on the role as the defense guy as volt before because of that. Was taking advantage of synapse+electric shield, luckily my volt was pretty well min-maxed, so electric shield was cheap and lasted for freaking ever. Run around dropping shields around the objective, and they'd last for that wave.

Edited by Elvang

Any time someone says Banshee is useless in game.

Like those two Novas on Kappa that one time.

I'd quake as they hit mprime and take 90% of the kills.

They then proceeded to call me a kill w***e and that I was terrible at the game.

I think the fact that I had more kills than the two of them combined was a factor in their butthurt.

A Loki that thought his Radial Disarm did damage to enemies, and had neither Decoy or Invis equipped cuz:

1. "It wouldn't fit in my Teleport and Disarm build".

He did make enemies easy to kill, but he got whacked pretty hard.

Oh and when someone said my 3 Forma Latron Prime was as useful as a Skana, sigh.

Edited by Darkwave1098

there was one time when I joined a Random high lvl grineer survival recently with a bunch of rhino's and a vauban

I brought Saryn,

and as soon as the Game all 3 had their mics and were going on about how saryn was the dumbest frame to bring and that if I die,

they aint gonna rev me.

It all ended up in me doing the most damage with saryn and having to run around reviving Rhinos with iron skin 24/7 and in that 45 minute run I didn't die once.

"-.- 

There's an ash I played with who *@##$ed at me for stomping when he was trying to bladestorm.

The damn cryopod was at 10% and if I didn't do something, it'd be destroyed before his fifty-week long cutscene was over.

There's another one who *@##$ed at me for not getting all of the enemies, I said to check, and you know what? One didn't spawn, glitched out, he ran ahead to extract and sat there *@##$ing at me the whole game.

People who consider those who know little about the game to be absolutely worthless at everything.

Once, when I was just starting out, I got kicked from a party running T3 defense because I was Mastery rank 3.

Despite that certain run being the 5th one that day, the rest being completely successful, and with me prevailing in kills.

Plus, I was a Vauban.

I despise those people.

there was one time when I joined a Random high lvl grineer survival recently with a bunch of rhino's and a vauban

I brought Saryn,

and as soon as the Game all 3 had their mics and were going on about how saryn was the dumbest frame to bring and that if I die,

they aint gonna rev me.

It all ended up in me doing the most damage with saryn and having to run around reviving Rhinos with iron skin 24/7 and in that 45 minute run I didn't die once.

"-.- 

always fun when you put them in such an awkward situation after they tried to bash you

I was doing a T3 Mdef. I was Just doing my Frost Prime things, you know, throwing up a snowglobe here, killing enemies there. My party consisted of a capable Nyx and Nova and unfortunatly, a handi-capable Rhino who kept getting killed. What made matters worse was the fact that he ran so far ahead of the team that when we finally got to him, every single time, he was literally on his final second. And every single time we ressed him, he started a caps rage filled rant about how we were noobs and should uninstall because we didn't know how to play our frames. Only he got downed during the mission, and he got downed over 16 times -.-

Did Kappa today. Ended up waiting 10 minutes at the extraction because the team I was playing with kept reviving an AFKer. I told them roughly 15 times that he was an AFKer, that if he was downed, he should not be revived and that he was just leeching. If there were emotes in game at this point, I think they would have used /shrug when I told them to stop reviving the AFKer. 

And no, there was no language barrier. all of us spoke english (except the AFK guy, but he was AFK so it didn't matter.) which made this even more infuriating.

Playing Banshee in Xini defense back when it was just Infested. Took a high spot with an Ogris, hit Sonar and started laying waste to bad guys.

All three of the others were camping the spawn points, so I did what they did. I ignored the pod and killed stuff.

2 Chargers got past me and I ignored them. Fail on wave 2.

They all screamed at me and I replied 'Its not about defending, is it? Because that is NOT what YOU were doing.'

'But... but... but... GTFO NOOB! You should have camped the OTHER spawns.'

All three of them went straight to ignore.

Then I had the PUG from hell. Grineer sabotage mission. 1 rusher who kept screaming that the rest of us were slow. One completionist who had to see EVERYWHERE in the map. 1 noob in a vanilla Excalibur with no mods. And me.

The rusher wasn't even competent at that. He kept jumping into groups and dying. His response? 'WHERE THE F*** are you slowpoke noobs?' instead of 'Help'. After the second time, I never rezzed him even when I caught up to him. He burned all 4 of his revives I think.

The completionist never caught up with us. Dunno if he went AFK or what. Never had a message from him, but I DID see him move occasionally.

The ACTUAL noob tried very hard. He only made mistakes once and kept going until the end. (And yes, I backed HIM up) When he finally got to the end the rusher had been waiting for about 2 minutes and lit off a rant about slowpokes and noobs. I told the noob to exit the extraction zone and we both did. Had a laugh when the rusher ragequit. The noob joined my guild and turned out to be a good player.

Edited by Kalenath