The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, About The Incoming New Faction...

Sebastianx

I know it won't happen any time soon,but please for the love of RNGod don't spoil us with minor unfinished bits about who they are and how they look in the livestreams. Instead,take your time to finish them,and maybe make a teaser trailer with a glimpse of one of their bosses in a low light environment so we can go wild with our imaginations of what they are/look before their official launch,and make it as awesome as possible,people LOVE that,even if some admit otherwise,especially when lore will be involved (and I do hope it is).

I know it won't happen any time soon

its coming sooner than you might think.

don't spoil us with minor unfinished bits about who they are and how they look in the livestreams.

its DE... they do whatever the hell they want with little to no reason.

people LOVE that

some people... some people like that.

many many others hate that and every time DE is vague, they call them out for doing it.

especially when lore will be involved (and I do hope it is).

lore in warframe?

lololol

its coming sooner than you might think.

its DE... they do whatever the hell they want with little to no reason.

some people... some people like that.

many many others hate that and every time DE is vague, they call them out for doing it.

lore in warframe?

lololol

So much WADZXPR.png :<

They said that that faction won't be humanoid (so no "2 hands, 2 feet, a head atop of shoulders" etc), so what else remains?

- Insects: Could propably be any shape, look at the insects we have on earth, and multiply their size :) (the shivers^^)

- robotic: even though the corpus have robots, they are only tools, I speak of a real AI,but trying to think of robots with no humanoid shape is not very easy^^

- Something really crazy like the "leader-things" of the combine from HL2 (I think they are called overseers)

this list could go on and on^^

Frankly, I'd prefer no tease at all.

I don't want to hear about it... I don't want to see upcoming shots of it... No teaser trailers at all.

Just, on an innocuous Wednesday afternoon, have them invade every mission killing everything and being strong enough to do so in a spectacular fashion.

Let the Corpus and the Grineer hire us to uncover their homebase and then hire us to destroy it.

Then we experience only a half victory by beating them at their homebase only to uncover that they have entire homeworlds (hopefully a planet past outer terminus) full of the same faction ready to mobilize. 

That would be interesting.

All the buildup DE can muster would be nothing compared to the word of mouth generated by the enigma of a new mob that the codex can't recognize wiping everything in the game out.

I don't want to hear about it... I don't want to see upcoming shots of it... No teaser trailers at all.

Just, on an innocuous Wednesday afternoon, have them invade every mission killing everything and being strong enough to do so in a spectacular fashion.

Ecxt9gO.gif

Yep, that would be even better,everyone panic,no one knows who they are,where they came from,NOTHING just like they did with the stalker. That would be both awesome and scary.

Let the Corpus and the Grineer hire us to uncover their homebase and then hire us to destroy it.

Then we experience only a half victory by beating them at their homebase only to uncover that they have entire homeworlds (hopefully a planet past outer terminus) full of the same faction ready to mobilize. 

That would be interesting.

All the buildup DE can muster would be nothing compared to the word of mouth generated by the enigma of a new mob that the codex can't recognize wiping everything in the game out.

That is a brilliant idea. DE should TOTALLY do something like that. Only, without needing players to suggest that. It sorta kills the "surprise" effect - but it's still better than nothing.

I'm really wondering what sort of niche this new faction might provide.

Grineer - Defined by weapon variety(Same Grineer, different weapon)

Corpus - Defined by troop variety(Bunch of different robots doing different things)

Infested - Defined by waves of melee(wall of angry meat)

Maybe stealth and/or stalking(Velociraptor) enemies?

I just hope they don't recycle one of the niches.

As a very long time player, please no more knockdown mobs, its not challenging to get knocked down 3 times in a row and go from 100% - 0% without you being able to do anything

Surefooted,handspring,shock absorber, fortitude, retribution.

You're Welcome!

Best regards,

You mean the Clan Invasion from the BattleTech universe? Do not pass Go, do not collect $100. Nope nope nope. Do not want.

You have to be masters of lore-writing to be able to pull that off and DE would only make a mockery of it.