The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, About The Incoming New Faction...

Sebastianx

Frankly, I'd prefer no tease at all.

I don't want to hear about it... I don't want to see upcoming shots of it... No teaser trailers at all.

Just, on an innocuous Wednesday afternoon, have them invade every mission killing everything and being strong enough to do so in a spectacular fashion.

Let the Corpus and the Grineer hire us to uncover their homebase and then hire us to destroy it.

Then we experience only a half victory by beating them at their homebase only to uncover that they have entire homeworlds (hopefully a planet past outer terminus) full of the same faction ready to mobilize. 

That would be interesting.

All the buildup DE can muster would be nothing compared to the word of mouth generated by the enigma of a new mob that the codex can't recognize wiping everything in the game out.

█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█ ░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄ ░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░ ▀░▀░░▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ DE      ░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

Best Regards,

You are the 2nd person in this thread to equate my idea to a console game...

You do realize you can make that comment because it's probably the most consistent storyline in human history.

Grab any world history book...

Or if we are just going to lean on useless tropes where we say we saw it before let me add a couple:

Close Encounter's of the Third Kind

Independence Day

The Crusades

The Spanish Conquest

Ender's Game

Dracula

All of them deal with the fact/fears of alien invasion...

No one asserted it had to be an original idea... I certainly didn't.

Because I know that there really is no such thing in relation to storylines.

They said that that faction won't be humanoid (so no "2 hands, 2 feet, a head atop of shoulders" etc), so what else remains?

- Insects: Could propably be any shape, look at the insects we have on earth, and multiply their size :) (the shivers^^)

- robotic: even though the corpus have robots, they are only tools, I speak of a real AI,but trying to think of robots with no humanoid shape is not very easy^^

- Something really crazy like the "leader-things" of the combine from HL2 (I think they are called overseers)

this list could go on and on^^

They said it's the least humanoid/humanlike in comparison to the others. That doesn't at all mean it won't be generally humanoid. To get what I mean think of the Covenant in Halo. The Sangheili for example. The last think you think of is "Human" looking at them with their 4 piece jaws, digitigrade legs, etc. Yet they still have 2 legs, 2 arms, and such.

Surefooted,handspring,shock absorber, fortitude, retribution.

You're Welcome!

Best regards,

Where do all the other mods go? The fact you have to strip your warframe down to anti-knockdown mods and warframe powers is kinda telling on how stupid your suggested fix is. Roll all that garbage into two mods max THEN you would have a leg to stand on. Or just take a note from WoW and add DR to knockdowns.

DE SHOULD MAKE STALKER THE NEW FRACTION!

EVERY unit has DISPEL and RADIAL DISARM.

So we have

Normal/Grunts - Stalker Ash, Stalker Excalibur

Elite/Heavies - Stalker Rhino, Stalker Nova

Bosses - Stalker Troll Loki(has all the tenno warframe powers at his disposal and unlimited energy)

Fixed it for you.

You are the 2nd person in this thread to equate my idea to a console game...

Descent: Freespace: The Great War was a PC game, not a console game.

The idea of the Shivans was not a mere alien invasion, per-sa.

The humans had already encountered an alien race, the Vasudans, and were in a fierce conflict with over galactic control.

The notion of the Shivans is that of a Terminator.

They cannot be reasoned with. They cannot be communicated with. Defeating them is impossible. They will never stop.

They are the enemy that is superior to all and consume all.

Not for gain. Not for sport. Not just because they can. It is the purpose of their entire existence to purge.

They are the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah. Everything else is filth. They cleanse.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

The humans had already encountered an alien race, the Vasudans, and were in a fierce conflict with over galactic control.

They cannot be reasoned with. They cannot be communicated with. Defeating them is impossible. They will never stop.

Not for gain. Not for sport. Not just because they can. It is the purpose of their entire existence to purge.

Best Regards,

MHm Lucky my Friend Andels isnt reading the forums these days. otherwise hed give you a 3 post(3 long posts. exagerating maybe. but still =D) explanation about the Shivans.

"least humanoid faction".

The Stalker is one of the most, if not the most humanoid ennemy yet. Corpus crewmen at a close second, because boxheads.

...You do know that Corpus are just ordinary humans, right? Just a greedy space merchant cult.

i want the sentinels to come back..

Sentients are not an alien race... orokins were the weirdo while sentients were the humans... what ppl seem to misunderstand is that in the whole war the orokins were the bad guys, not the sentients.

Logically DE have been working hard on some things.

1, Damage 2

2, Vors Prize

3, Grineer expansions

4, Melee system

So if we combine this we get the story of Vor and the Grineers plans.

This may involve the Shipyards.

The Melee will give all factions new mobs, weapons and new ways to fight.

Conclusion: Faction that takes advantage of Melee 2, is somehow connected to Vor, possibly a space, or aquatic theme.

Amfibious melee faction?

Kraken? Godzilla? :D

There is no proof to support the

Sentients are not an alien race... orokins were the weirdo while sentients were the humans... what ppl seem to misunderstand is that in the whole war the orokins were the bad guys, not the sentients.

Sentient= human theory.

If sentients were human, then why do Lore say the Orokin had blood?

The orokin say the Sentients were to advanced. Really, humans?

If Orokin were not human, why the couches and such in the Void?

Most importantly, the Tenno fought the Sentients. Tenno seem human.

Do you have another theory?

Frankly, I'd prefer no tease at all.

I don't want to hear about it... I don't want to see upcoming shots of it... No teaser trailers at all.

Just, on an innocuous Wednesday afternoon, have them invade every mission killing everything and being strong enough to do so in a spectacular fashion.

Let the Corpus and the Grineer hire us to uncover their homebase and then hire us to destroy it.

Then we experience only a half victory by beating them at their homebase only to uncover that they have entire homeworlds (hopefully a planet past outer terminus) full of the same faction ready to mobilize. 

That would be interesting.

All the buildup DE can muster would be nothing compared to the word of mouth generated by the enigma of a new mob that the codex can't recognize wiping everything in the game out.

Why the hell are you not in office making this game better by now?

Best Regards,

Gotcha.

How is that relevant though?

Not bashing you... I am just trying to gain an understanding as I don't get the parrallel.

There is no proof to support the

Sentient= human theory.

If sentients were human, then why do Lore say the Orokin had blood?

The orokin say the Sentients were to advanced. Really, humans?

If Orokin were not human, why the couches and such in the Void?

Most importantly, the Tenno fought the Sentients. Tenno seem human.

Do you have another theory?

U r mistaken... orokins were the advanced race and initially they were crushing sentients till the sentients found a way to use the orokin tech to fight back... at this time orokins were forced to unleash the tenno who fought bravely to turn the battle once more.. then for unknown reasons tenno teamed up with the sentients and slaughtered the orokins.. thus the extinction of the orokin race... the sentients then as the only rulers of the star system were split into to 2functions... one function was trying to scavenge every lost orokin tech and the other end up to use cloning methods to build a huge army.... the 2 functions were the grineer and the corpus... Edited by Hexagar

You suggest Grineer and Corpus are really the Human race?

Ok, lets say they are, no argument there. However they hate Tenno with passion.

Tenno are called Betrayers, Grineer want all dead.

If orokin was not human, then where did Tenno come from?

This theory is interesting, but Lore puts holes in it.