Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Secondary Weapon

(PSN)bloadshoatz

Question

Akbolto. Damage just a little less than the hand-cannons like the Lex, Seer, and Vastos, fire-rate just shy of the auto-pistols (though it's semi-auto and you can't really click that fast), and it's firing sounds are pure sex. Good clip size and virtually no recoil, too.

Edited by 00zau

i always have my beloved Gremlins with me.

however, provided you have mechanical fingers, AkBolto's are downright absurd at how good they can be. just note that their RoF is higher than any human being can press a button. so you'll always be under your 'potential' Damage Output.

note though - Weapons that are highly focused on one Physical type will have trouble against the other two factions if they don't have Elementals targeted against the currently fought Faction.

There's a lot of room for preference. Any weapon you like, with maybe some forma and modded properly, will work.

I read a post a while ago that said among secondaries you have shredders and cannons. Shredders fire a ton of shots, cannons fire one big shot. I lean towards the latter personally, and the sicarus prime suits me well. 

Despair is also pretty good (and the kunai) but I haven't managed to land it yet.

Since I didn't get the Brakk, I ground away to get the Bronco Prime, which I really like. It's damage is biased to Impact, but it does enough damage to make all your elemental mods do very impressive damage. It's like a mini-Hek as a sidearm, and this makes me happy.

Of the weapons you can get from the Market, I'd have to vote for the AkLex, or the Stug. Of the weapons you can find, if you haven't gotten your hands on the Bronco Prime yet, I'd vote for the Twin Gremlins, for the reasons others have stated in this thread.

My vote is for Akvasto . Mod for magnetic - corrosive/blast damage or crit, either way does well. It's high slash damage works well vs. all factions.

Acrid is also extremely nice , nuf said.

Skipped the Akbolto but plan to craft asap as I've been reading good things about it.

I do like the Dual Broncos vs.Corpus, not so much vs. Grineer, and the low clip size annoys me.

My fav secondary? The Brakk. It's a hand-cannon. It did get nerfed not too long ago though. But it's still awesome.

As for a good balanced secondary, I find the Magnus to be VERY friendly to use. And if I could get an Akmagnus version, I'd take it hands down. But the normal Magnus is very construction-friendly in comparison to the Vasto. Also, I really like how the Magnus looks.

PS: AKMAGNUS IS NOW AVAILABLE! YAY!

Edited by Salenstormwing

I'm somehow astonished that nobody mentioned the Marelok yet. Sadly I am a bit cursed from being unable to obtain the Brakk in the Gravidus Dilemma event, so there's that to consider.

Marelok Pros- Unusually high Impact and Slash damage, making it a flexible power-pistol in most missions. Faster RoF and reload time than the Lex. Free Attack Polarity slot. High Status chance for any Secondary. Not a Shotgun so it doesn't suffer from damage falloff like the Brakk does.

Marelok Woes- Is a Clan Tech weapon, thus its BP has the Clan requisites attached to it. Requires Mastery Rank 5 and a Forma to build. Neither a Shotgun nor a bullet-hose secondary, so it requires at least decent user accuracy to maximize its DPS. Requires more Forma to maximize its potential compared to the Brakk. Has a rather small magazine. (...although the Brakk also has a small magazine.)

Considerations- Mastery Rank 5 could be easily attainable for any dilligent Warframe player. I would have thrown in "Needs two Detonite Injectors" as a Con, but Invasions have made it easy to acquire the needed amount of Clan Tech resources in a short period of time. (That is if the RNG gods are generous enough. Usually they are when it comes to Clan Tech resources.) An atypically flexible handcannon due to its high Impact+Slash combo, the Marelok gives you the choice of either maximizing its per-shot damage by stacking all elemental+physical+utility damage mods, increasing its damage sustain with firerate+reload speed mods, or mixing-and-matching both styles of modding to suit your mission needs.

I actually have a quad-Forma'd Marelok now (3x Attack and 2x Utility slots), and I can happily say that the resulting mini-cannon was worth the investment. Definitely a fun handcannon, with a neat lever-action animation to boot.

Edited by Mattac0n