The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Some People Told That This Is "coop Farming Game" And That It Better Stay That Way Because They Dont Want To Be Chalnged.

derclaw

I wont go for calling names here, but really?

How many people think that balance is this game fine and it should stay mindless grinding simulator of killing hundreds of hundreds random dudes with weapons cappable of tearing hole in the planet deep enought to reach its core?

Am I the only one who wants this game to feel more like Metall Gear Rising where bosses and some of tougher mobs can woop my &#! 1 on 1 if I am not paying attention (but in FAIR way where I have real means of counterplay unlike our belowed Stulker right now) instead of current AoE routine?

No, you are not the only one. These forums are full of threads like this. Kind of strange that you haven't seen any.

Yes but those people sound like minority in the ocean of rage of those who want to live in candylands forever.

Because its not like "You are now invincible to DMG" perk was one the things that alot of Saints Row 3 players regreted, and Saints Row 4 removed from the game altogether.

I think its fine, but could be much better.

Am I then, one of those "names"?

I actually like farming for resources - gives a reason for me to kill (outside of codex scans, which doesnt involve killing but seeking rather).

Those people were more for "YOU WANT US TO STOP SPAMMING ULTS FOR 25 ENERGY! BURN THE HERETIC!"

Edited by derclaw

Saints Row? I thought these where the warframe forums.

But your opening post doesn't really stand out either. You make some generalizations, compare it to another game, and not really give any input on how you would improve on warframe.

Edited by Tenn00b

Saints Row? I thought these where the warframe forums

Sigh... what I mean is that when you remove any chalenge from the game (aka you are now invincible) its fun for only short time untill you get bored like hell because - what the reason to even play now? 

Sigh... what I mean is that when you remove any chalenge from the game (aka you are now invincible) its fun for only short time untill you get bored like hell because - what the reason to even play now? 

u12 is coming in these 1 or 2 wks, and lots of changes too,so, how about that?

So you are saying warframe powers make the game not fun?

Hmmm, what could be the solution...

1) Spamming your AoE ults for 25 energy gets boring after few days and makes game unfun.

2) Spamming most of other skills is fun thou, but nobody cares since "HEY LOOK I CAN SPAMM MAH ULT FOR 25 ENERGY!" and --> go-to 1)

Thats my concern in nutshell. base skills like Ripline, Superjump, Bounce, Shuriken - should not drain from or be restricted by same resource as M Prime or Overload. Its fun to Ripline all over and its fun to Superjump around - but people wont really bother because it takes away energy from their mighty 4 (rarely something else) skill and thats what they mostly care about. And thise develops in bad habbit of using only few chosen overperforming skills.

At best I would like skill system that alows me to use my base skills as much as I want whenever I want (add some sort of rapid regenerating energy bar like Stamina), but keep Ultimates a rare stuff (something like Rage skill from Age of Wushu that wont be charged unless you activley in combat\casting your base skills)

Edited by derclaw

We will see about that.

I have no high hopes. 

well, i do feel the same, but for mastery, that's the only reason's pushing me to stay, as well as some formas and some mods which i have to max yet, well i don't really have all time for endless grinding on endless farming and such....but this is the least i can do until they bring up new enemies or events or what's going to happen next in the storyline of WF. Cuz if i finish my stuffs early, i will be off for longer while till they bring new stuff per week or month or somethin' like that. 

If you want a challenge in keeping with the pace and dynamics of the gameplay to create thrilling experiences, then I'd agree, I want more of that.

Loads of people say they want more challenge, but I rather suspect that most of them, even if they're not saying it, want more challenge done well. Challenge for its own sake, challenge done badly, is worse than no challenge at all. Well, I suppose it does have some uses for the adolescent mindset that just wants to prove how uber they are, but other than that, no.

My main concern with challenge is that it would give antisocial flangewits even more reason to call other people noobs and tell them to uninstall. But, on reflection, that's not really a concern, because the reason really has nothing to do with the challenge and everything to do with the fact that they're antisocial flangewits.

Every time they release a new difficulty rebalancing patch:

Forums: "The game is too hard now!"

3-weeks later "Game is too easy."

Honestly I'm not sure if the game suffers from design problems or just community attitude problems.

I find the game can be as challenging as you make it. That said, the desires of individuals in a group can vary. Trying to organize a group of like minded players is a much more tedious and involved effort than just clicking on a mission and being tossed into a PUG group.

I feel a shortcoming of the game is the lack of an easy to execute means of customizing your gameplay experience. In other games, farmers, rushers, rp'ers, explorers, etc. can coexist because the game allows them the opportunity to engage and experience the game to their preference. That is not so in this game. There's no sorting or refinement in the matchmaking and often people of disparate playstyles are forced together, with the decisions of one or two often determining the experiences of the others.

There are of course people who taint their own experience and then complain about it, but I think the majority of players would just like to play the game at their own pace, rather than being dragged along by someone else's preferences.

Am I the only one who wants this game to feel more like Metall Gear Rising where bosses and some of tougher mobs can woop my &#! 1 on 1 if I am not paying attention (but in FAIR way where I have real means of counterplay unlike our belowed Stulker right now) instead of current AoE routine?

Yeah, still waiting on those minibosses or enemies that require actual strategy to take down beyond the equation More Bullets + Enemy's Face = Dead Enemy.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Isn't that essentially CoD?

Such a statement usually works if the game is actually new, refreshing and interesting.

It is new way too suck out 60 $ or euros from players every year. As people suddenly started to realize that buying new CoDs and BFs every is year paying 60 for new weapons and maps.

But pseudo-wannabe men of war like too feel like real soldiers from the security of their rooms. Because those games are so realistic and in real world you can jump out of flying plane, kill something, and then jump back in that same plane.

Also kids will never understand how Activision, Microsoft and Evil Arts suck their ( or their parents ) money for the same game every year.

Edited by RoboDog