Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.9.2

[DE]Megan

Oxium event done after few runs, played only pluto defenses and pluto survival once 35 mins but got there 15 like i remember, so survivals suck for that, and dont play with or let noobs touch oxium ospreys if they cant kill them fast.

And yes, single weps are just for warframe rank xp, totally useless, bad move.

At first I was excited to see the Akmagnus patched again. Then I saw what you actually did.

Congratulations DE, you fixed it wrong.

Now the Akmagnus has MORE crit status chance when it SHOULD NOT have it. Like Aklex has, which is also not okay.

The point was to have BOTH weapon types have the same base stats per bullet fired. Stats tied to the mechanical nature of the weapon don't magically increase or decrease in number if you simply hold two weapons of the exact same type.

Instead of bashing on your statement or fully agreeing with it, I go the middle ground. If you talk about Aklex, Akmagnus, Akbolto and Aklato then your argument holds a lot more weight than when talking about the others. Let me use this quote to make a summary for everyone, including the developers, about the idea of akimbo pistols:

You sacrifice reload time and accuracy for clip size and fire rate - you pump out more shots which are less accurate, thus akimbo weapons SHOULD meant to be shorter ranges where you need a longer flow of damage OR more damage due to higher bullet output.

Nothing else, nothing more.

Here is the magic formula for akimbo weapons:

Damage: same

Status chance: same

Crit chance & multiplier: same

Fire rate: doubled - Don't give me crap here because of "aklato not having double fire rate because people abused it with clickmacros" and all that blah. Just don't, please. By that logic, there is no sense why Akvasto has 10 but Akbronco only 8.3, when the single variant of both just has 5. And by the same logic, Bolto has 6,8 which is 0,1 faster than Lato. But why does Akbolto have 10 when Aklato only gets 8.3 ? Now go check the Akmagnus. See? Thanks.

Clip size: doubled

Reload time: UP to double - Certain weapons can be reloaded quicker than others due to their reload nature, which is why the Akmagnus has 3.0 reload instead of 4.0 I have hard time grasping why people want even less reload times. Seriously. Ever used the Magnus? The only real way to reduce reload time on Akmagnus is by quickening the reload animation fo the Magnus itself so it goes in line. Akmagnus having 3.0 is ONLY 50% more. That is a freaking gift.

Accuracy: Reduced - Similar to reload, it doesn't quite make sense to just half the accuracy on all akimbo weapons. Since we hold a pistol in each hand instead of gripping it with both, and each pistol is of a different size, build, recoil, whatever, there are different modifiers as to where the accuracy hit happens. Everyone who has shot with different sets of real guns single handed, double handed and akimbo knows what I am talking about.

Yes I know fire rate is flawed. Yes I know some people can click faster. Yes some people use macros. Yes I know this is unfair because you have to pull TWO triggers with only a SINGLE finger.

So here is my proposition to fix Akimbo rate of fire:

Apply Duplex-Auto trigger from the Tigris to every single Akimbo pistol.

This way you can legitimately substitute two index fingers with a single one without sacrificing anything as the movement you do on your mouse button doesn't change.

Well the reload time doesn't necessarily need to double, i wouldn't mind it however. And the current buff in crit rate and proc chance is there to set off the lacking fire rate. For the trigger mechanism, just make them fullauto i'd say, i mean throwing knives are fullauto too, and they don't even have a trigger. Same could go for every Akimbo with a high fire rate, for example Akvasto.

Well the reload time doesn't necessarily need to double, i wouldn't mind it however. And the current buff in crit rate and proc chance is there to set off the lacking fire rate. For the trigger mechanism, just make them fullauto i'd say, i mean throwing knives are fullauto too, and they don't even have a trigger. Same could go for every Akimbo with a high fire rate, for example Akvasto.

That is why I said "up to double", meaning that double is the maximum, but it can be of course lower than that. Didn't mean to automatically set it to double, else I would have written simply "doubled."

The problem with the fire rate and the procs is, that it just shouldn't be that way. This is a band-aid fix that is flawed to begin with, and isn't even done across the board. :(

I do see where you come from with having the trigger simply at full auto, like Kunai and Shuriken. I'm not fully agreeing with them being simply full auto, but I do understand the "style factor" they try to put in there, with Ninja style blazing fast throwing speed. They do fall out of the line as well because of the severe arc and falloff they have, that is why I kept them out of the line. Also, Kunai and Shuriken are either considered "Akimbo" already or simply are a special secondary.

Some pistols do already have automatic or burst fire mode, the reason why I proposed duplex auto for regular Ak- pistols is simply to keep the semi-auto feel and have something to "dig in" to, you know? :D

But it doesn'T matter honestly, either full auto or duplex auto; with this solution we can have the proper stat values and correct fire rates and everything would be wonderfully balanced and sensical. And not like the rag-tag bunch of sprawled stats across the single / dual market.

nice to know they fixed the oxium collected during defense missions if they failed after completed objective just a real shame you screw over those guys who lost the oxium by not replacing anything, this kind of thing has happened so many times with me ive lost confidence in DE actually doing anything right. probably why i dont have good gear, all this invasion, event crap i lose due to in game bugs, with little to no reimbursement. Hence i dont spend money on warframe anymore, this game just isnt worth my hard earned cash. i suspect before long they will be switching to adverts to fund their database servers.

- Small improvements to AkMagnus: proc chance increased to 25%, crit chance increased to 25%, crit multiplier increased to 2.

Why would you do that?

Akimbo variants are already superior in all meaningfull aspects, why would you make them even better?

If anything, increased critrates and status chances should go on the single/vanilla variant.

Ya know, to compensate for a lower firing rate. Throw a bone to those of us that actually like the single variants better.