The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Warframe "steel Fiber" Mod

EDeN153

Instead of it adding a percentage of your base armor, which still leaves Ember/Volt/etc extremely squishy, why not make it like the damage reduction mods? Where it reduces a set percentage of damage per shot, it would actually make the squishy frames that flat-out reject Steel Fiber more durable.

At least it sounded good in my head, discuss.

Sounds nice yes, though why have squishy frames become tanks?  It sounds nice but certain Frames already benefit from it as is.  Valkyr gets a 80%-ish damage redux with a maxed Steel Fibre.   That and Casters are always weak armor wise but can deal massive damage with their skills or weapons.  I use Nyx with the Armor- helmet and I actually can out live other frames because I play it safe and don't go in guns blazing.  even when I get surrounded just have to use Absorb or Chaos and I'm good.  With Absorb I just kill everything due to it's scaling damage.

Steel fiber works how it should and it fine the way it is, it is meant for more durable frames to become even more tanky. People shouldn't be trying to make squishy frames something that they are not going to be. Squishy frames are squishy because they have things over other frames such as speed and high power capacity. Focus on those and you won't go down because things will either not hit you or you'll kill them first.

Steel fiber works how it should and it fine the way it is, it is meant for more durable frames to become even more tanky. People shouldn't be trying to make squishy frames something that they are not going to be. Squishy frames are squishy because they have things over other frames such as speed and high power capacity. Focus on those and you won't go down because things will either not hit you or you'll kill them first.

Well, tanky frames becoming more tanky and the squishier ones not getting any benefit out of it isn't really balance at all. Sure, some of them have energy to compensate, but then again anyone can put on a max flow.

Sounds nice yes, though why have squishy frames become tanks?  It sounds nice but certain Frames already benefit from it as is.  Valkyr gets a 80%-ish damage redux with a maxed Steel Fibre.   That and Casters are always weak armor wise but can deal massive damage with their skills or weapons.  I use Nyx with the Armor- helmet and I actually can out live other frames because I play it safe and don't go in guns blazing.  even when I get surrounded just have to use Absorb or Chaos and I'm good.  With Absorb I just kill everything due to it's scaling damage.

I'm not saying they'd become tanks, plus armor would scale-ish seeing as the mod would use a percentage. Low level enemies are just as damaging as the higher level ones when this comes into play.