Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Chavant Maquette: Wip!

DOXOlove

oh wow, thanks everyone! 

This week is all about fixing my apex structure and sculpting in orthographic views, but I had to do a good chunk of my other homework first so I could have a 20+ hour window to work on this :)

A MOA sounds like a good baddie to sculpt on the bottom too, I'll have to play around with what I want to do there!

Plan to do a lot of work on saturday and maybe tomorrow! Will post progress shots then!

EDIT: I just got around to watching the last Primetime, thank you so much for the feature!!  I apologize for not making it clear to everyone but I am female :v But you were correct about the project pacing! It's being done for a schooling course over the span of 10 weeks. It may take over 10 weeks to be 100% done with this to my liking but it should be at least 85-90% done by the end of my term!

Also, maquette is pronounced 'mah-kett' ;p

Edited by DOXOlove

2/7/2014 -

12.jpg13.jpg

He's getting a shave! ;D Had to whack his lats off because they were mis-aligned, but theyre going back on after a few adjustments! Adding in proper apexes and symmetry, still have to finish up the legs and arms and lats.

Instructors are teaching us how to sculpt a 'mean &#!', so do not worry, the booty will be immaculate.

2/11/2014 - Its that time of the week again!

Really starting to understand tendon groups, lats/traps/delts/biceps had complete re-hauls (still need work...), obliques evened out, gluteus medius toned down a bit (It was super huge LOL)

18-1.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg

Neat-o, I'm more interested in prop and accessory making than a plain human figure to be honest.

Is the Med. Chavant firm enough to hold its shape without internal support?

Anyway. looks cool so far :]

It can but you run the risk of it losing its form or cracking if you dont cake the clay correctly :T For the thin scope I added a soft wire wrapped with 28 gauge wire for stability because this gun is so tiny! The main form has a small pad of baked super sculpey in it for a makeshift armature as well.

While med chavant is decent at supporting itself, I always recommend to do an armature for structure stability (and also for alignment)!

Oh my, what big hands you have, grandma :P

Helmet is looking good

this is actually a sculpture thing!! Hands are deliberately large because you're not actually supposed to look at this upclose, but more from halfway across a room to about a few feet away. Hands are the most notable shape that skews in perspective so you purposely sculpt hands slightly larger to even out the distortion. :]