Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imbalanced Audio Volume

Marshall

Those extreme volume differences between sound effects are too annoying!

FOR EXAMPLE (it is an example!*): Casting Nekros' Desecrate causes a horrible noise that is much louder than anything else. There are also other effects that not only break the atmosphere but are not "balanced" at all.

In my opinion, there is an urgent need for tweaking the fx' amplitudes.

thank you very much

+ TRSS

* I have to stress this word because there are people who do not get what my topics are about.

• 2 weeks later...

So ever since update 12 released I have been getting random sound effects playing at 100% volume whether the sound effects are turned on or not (In mission only, menu areas are fine), in other words I can have the sound effect volume at 0% but I will still hear MOA screams and Grineer "pain" sounds (and many other sounds) at 100% volume even tho the sound effects are turned off. Another issues is that all the audio is no longer directional, so if I were to turn away from a friend and he shot from behind me normally you would have simulated sound to tell you shots are coming from behind... not for me anymore, now it plays all sounds same volume on both the right and left channels. 

This makes the game impossible for me to play with the sound enabled, but also makes it hard to enjoy without sound as the game is rich with it before update 12. If anyone has a fix for this it would be very helpful.

What I have tried to resolve this issues:
- Uninstall and reinstall game
- Verified game files
- Updated soundcard drivers (They were already up to date before update 12 launched)

Edited by OtisSpunks

Oh i am glad you mentioned this. It happened to me once. On a mission, cant say which, fighting away then suddenly, out of the blue a really really loud full automatic gun blast. It was so loud, i was like "WTF was that!" Never heard it before, nor since, but something is messed up with the sound :)

Well if you want to mute all sounds I would suggest turning down the Master Volume in the Audio Options menu.  Voices in the game are controlled by the Speech slider so if you are just turning down the Sound Effects slider you will still hear Grineer talking and MOAs chattering, etc.  Each slider in the Audio Options menu controls different sets of sounds.

Well if you want to mute all sounds I would suggest turning down the Master Volume in the Audio Options menu.  Voices in the game are controlled by the Speech slider so if you are just turning down the Sound Effects slider you will still hear Grineer talking and MOAs chattering, etc.  Each slider in the Audio Options menu controls different sets of sounds.

Please separate bosses and lotus.

I hate listening to Ruk's struggles but Lotus can whisper in my ear 24/7.

I am aware of this, but The sounds play even when Voice and sound effects sliders are on 0%. If I have the master volume even at 1% I still get 100% volume sounds effects and voices. If you want I can make a video showing what is happening, the audio bug pickes up while recording too.

Edited by OtisSpunks

I am aware of this, but The sounds play even when Voice and sound effects sliders are on 0%. If I have the master volume even at 1% I still get 100% volume sounds effects and voices. If you want I can make a video showing what is happening, the audio bug pickes up while recording too.

That is very strange then.  Yes, please make a video to show us what's happening and we will look into it.  Thanks.

That is very strange then.  Yes, please make a video to show us what's happening and we will look into it.  Thanks.

Notice how when I start to shoot at things my gun and foot steps move to the proper volume but all the other effects like ambient, shield hits, melee swings, and Grineer voices are WAY louder than they should be. I did not catch the sound effects playing when the sound effects slider was at 0% as it only happens on occasion and I have limited HDD space for capture but I assure you it is there. The only way to keep these sound effects from playing loader than everything else is to revert back to default settings and never touch them and control the audio levels with my sound card or head set... however this is just a band-aid for the issues and makes the whole "Audio" section in the options menu completely pointless as I cant customize my own audio experience like intended (so yes as soon as I touch any setting from the default state this bug kicks in, higher the % on the bars the less noticeable but that just because I am upping everything to match the bugged out 100% volume sounds). 

Edit: I would also like to point out I did not edit the video in anyway. I uploaded the raw file so that volume fade is the games doing not mine. 

Edited by OtisSpunks

• 2 weeks later...

I have had these since the beginning, but they have been mostly gone for a while. With this patch they're back in full force though.

I also noticed that the sound plays at 100% volume only on my right headphone, while not at all left.

Can anyone here confirm this?

The rest of the game and all other applications run in regular stereo, so I know its not my hardware.

There seems to be a cool bug with the infested sounds where they'll not make a sound for a while and then all the saved up sounds play at once, sounding like so huge beast. I like it but it is technically a bug. Otherwise, I have no idea what is causing it but it seems to only happen when there are a large number of infested, though that just might be the intensity being more noticeable then anything.

Thanks, we'll look into it... are you talking about all Infested?  Or just certain types?

i think it's the Ancient types corrupted and uncorrupted when they rawr it seems really loud compared to everything else

Edited by SarahApple

i know what OP its talking about, its not the normal sound lol

definately sounds like a bug.. but this sound scared the absolute S#&$ out of me so if it is a bug its a good bug 

you expect something MASSIVE to come out and riip u to pieces 

its comes out of nowhere, really loud, sounds like all the infested roars and screams where stacked together building into a crecendo