Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imbalanced Audio Volume

Marshall

OK, we are trying to reproduce it.  Thanks for the info.

I am not sure if this will help.

But I have had on and off encounters with this bug.  and I think i can offer a way to reproduce it.

Every time this has happened. With Infested and now Corpus.  it has was when the Unit making the sound was behind where my camera was looking.  if an Oxium Osprey spawns behind me.  I get this max volume sound bug of the sounds an Oxium Osprey makes or its weapon fire.

Corpus Crewman, a lots of loud overlays of gunfire sound effects.

With Infested its a loud Roar of Chargers and Ancients. aslo from behind where the camera is facing.

or when a Pack of them as on the move, turn camera around and the Roars amplify, turn camera to view them, sounds are normal.

always happens when the maker of the sound is Spawned (seemingly) behind where my camera is pointed

We have never seen/heard this before.  If you plug in headphones and the loud sounds stop happening then it sounds like it might be your PC and not Warframe.  We will look into it though.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game?

Also, can you post a screenshot of what your audio options are set to?

It's not just his PC, this has happened to me as well.

the big question is why are you playing in school instead of...oh...i don't know....maybe LEARNING LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO IN SCHOOL!!!!!

no wonder the world is in the shape it's in today......tsk, tsk, tsk

It's called a one-class-day at college xD  Re-installing now.

I actually used to get this when I turned down the master volume.  Only those sounds and a couple shots every clip would play at normal volume instead of what I changed it to be

I tried to play again, and found that the bug appears for me when I turn down my in-game master volume. All other audio is affected appropriately except for the sfx in the video and (what I think) is the Grineer equivalent. To me, it appears to be an impact or proximity sfx class that isn't being affected by in-game volume control or distance from the source. The sound appeared again when a Nekros in my game (while playing against Grineer) began firing his Dera.

So I've been playing on my laptop while at school, and I commented on some other thread about getting completely weird sounds while fighting corpus.  If I use headphones, the weird sounds go away... but if I don't plug my headphones in prior to launching the client, then I have to close out, plug in headphones, then relaunch the client.  

I forgot to plug my headphones in... and I decided to record it for once and share it to the forums.  

Headphone used = no wierd stuff.

No headphones used = Wierd baby MOA cries.

Is your headphone a 5.1 Dolby one?

This wierd sound may either due to missing channels (playing 5.1 in a Stereo-setup) or

some FX samples really don't get affected by master volume.

I have a 5.1 Headphone myself, I'll mess around with it later. Need to charge it.. srsly.

gottin' the same problem on another desk computer than my personnal one.

Same "storm troopers" sounds, same changing volume for spells casting and more.

It appears after i went to the audio options, and i set the music/voice off.

Uninstall/reinstall haven't worked, same as if i change the audio options as "default"

I am not sure if this will help.

But I have had on and off encounters with this bug.  and I think i can offer a way to reproduce it.

Every time this has happened. With Infested and now Corpus.  it has was when the Unit making the sound was behind where my camera was looking.  if an Oxium Osprey spawns behind me.  I get this max volume sound bug of the sounds an Oxium Osprey makes or its weapon fire.

Corpus Crewman, a lots of loud overlays of gunfire sound effects.

With Infested its a loud Roar of Chargers and Ancients. aslo from behind where the camera is facing.

or when a Pack of them as on the move, turn camera around and the Roars amplify, turn camera to view them, sounds are normal.

always happens when the maker of the sound is Spawned (seemingly) behind where my camera is pointed

Very interesting.... we have had various reports of this happening and have yet to reproduce it.  We will keep trying.

• 2 weeks later...

The sound for the activation of hallowed ground seems to be a bit off as well. Also, the video shows how it's happening when the corpus take damage, so maybe it's a problem with the new corpus voices introduced? Something might have gone wrong in the download?

OP, try going into a duel and taking damage. If you don't hear anything, also try going aganist the grineer and infested. See if it's something tied to just corpus, or to tenno/corpus/grineer/infested. Either way, I think a reinstall would fix it. If not, then there might be something weird with how your sound card/drivers process the files, so I would suggest looking at how other games' sounds are affected, if at all. If not, then it's a problem between warframe and whatever your software/drives/hardware is. 

Have you tried a reinstall?

We still have not found the culprit.  Are you still experiencing it?

Yes. It's definitely the Dera making the sound, *player and enemy. I seem to be get the same issue from the Amprex now too (different sound, but still as loud), as the sound seems to drown out other sfx.

I'm available to hop into the game with one of the staff if that helps.

EDIT: *Other players. I no longer have the Dera, so I can't test whether it makes the sound when I use the weapon.

Edited by Hyperius