The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Don't Fit Their Factional Style

Fuzzykat

Warframe has very distinct factional style for environments and weapons. A few weapons stand out to me as not following the same style as the rest of their faction or not being identifiable as from a certain faction. I am not trying to comment on the positive or negative of the weapons appearance, only the lore.

Hind

250px-Hind.png

This weapon does not look much like a Grineer rifle. It's beat up, discolored and distorted with curved metal stapling the weapon together. Neither the metal or furniture resemble the styling of the Karak, Grakata, Vulkar, Krakan and Gorgon which look a lot more industrial.

Braton

250px-Braton.png

A standard issue for Tenno weapon that looks very Corpus. The wiki guesses it to be a Corpus recreation of Braton Prime but the Corpus designed Snipetron got retired for firing bullets. It's understandable this doesn't fit now as Tenno weapon design wasn't established at the time but they have a clear style now from the Vectis, Tigris and Soma so it would be appropriate for the starting weapon to fit in.

Braton series, including the MK 1, the standard, and the Vandal, are all Corpus manufactured weapons designed for Tenno use. What, is it surprising that the Corpus would sell weapons to one of their biggest enemies?

The Hind, I think was originally designed with Phobos in mind, where I think it kinda fits. Maybe not so much on the Elite Grineer on other tilesets.

The Braton (and Lato) is an enigma. It's obviously of Corpus design (I mean, it even has their text on it), yet it's the starter weapon, and has not only a Vandal version, but also a Prime version.

Vandal weapons are supposed to be Corpus only.

Prime weapons are supposed to be Orokin/Tenno only.

I hope DE clarifies the status of the Braton (and Lato) family sometime.

Edited by Braken

we had to get guns from somewhere before we made our own again.... corpus fit in there being a corporation for profit selling stuff....

and to me the karak looks like the grineer tried to use the design of something other than there own in finalization of its looks

In my understanding weapons like Braton or even the Bullet-fitted Snipetron are weapons produced not only for Tenno but for everyone in the universe willing to pay the money. Corpus are out for Profit so why not make a ton of credits by selling Weapons to everyone who can efford them?

All the Energy Weapons the Corpus made are intended for Corpus use only and the retrofit to Bullets is just for the major convenience .. Bullet weapons are easier to maintain than advanced energy technology.

Also, there are 2 guns that DEFINITELY do not match the aesthetic of the faction they are from: The Torid and the Acrid.

They were the first 2 Infested research weapons, yet they both look like Grineer weaponry. (In fact, I think changing the Stug's model to be that of the Acrid would be a good idea.)

It's really jarring, especially when you realize all of the other Infested research weapons actually look Infested.

Edited by Braken

That's interesting if the Vandal versions are meant to be Corpus exclusive when the Codex only refers to them as customized by the Tenno.

The Lato and Sicarus don't seem too far off although the style isn't as refined as the Bolto or Furis which are closer to the Vectis/Tigris/Soma. Being some of the earliest weapons added to the game it makes sense.

The Torrid must be a placeholder model as initially the Infested research tree was lacking options.

Edited by Fuzzykat

That's interesting if the Vandal versions are meant to be Corpus exclusive when the Codex only refers to them as customized by the Tenno.

Corpus made, but customized by Tenno.

Other than the Lato and Braton Vandals, all other Vandals so far have been Corpus weapons.

It makes sense, too. So that:

Vandal: Corpus

Prime: Orokin/Tenno

Wraith: Grineer.

The Braton (and Lato) is an enigma. It's obviously of Corpus design (I mean, it even has their text on it), yet it's the starter weapon, and has not only a Vandal version, but also a Prime version.

Vandal weapons are supposed to be Corpus only.

Prime weapons are supposed to be Orokin/Tenno only.

I hope DE clarifies the status of the Braton (and Lato) family sometime.

Best explanation is that the "standard" (and thus Vandal) Braton/Lato are simply Corpus monkey-model reproductions of the Orokin originals and they just tacked the text on after the fact, since atleast in the case of the Braton, the Prime version's description clearly states it's a standard weapon of the Orokin age (i.e. it obviously predates the Corpus)... and it's not like it's a secret that the Corpus salvage/repair/rebuild Orokin technology.

Edited by Taranis49