Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"this Warframe Is Awful Don't Use It!"

Boomstick720

Alright so I sort of wanted to make this thread after playing with Oberon for some time, and I just wanted to throw out something that has been bothering me for a while.

Now typically, everyone seems to "grade" a warframe by how effective it is at around lvl50+ or so.  That leaves us with very few warframes that can easily pass this test, and even fewer that rely on more than one ability to pass it (looking at you Frost).  So again, I've been playing with Oberon a lot lately, and I've found him to be one of the most enjoyable warframes to date.  Yeah, he doesn't like absolutely destroy everything high end, and his first two abilities definitely start to fall off around level 50 or so, but he is fun to play as, and he is one of the only frames where I find myself using at least 3 of his abilities fairly consistently.  I use smite pretty often, because although it doesn't do a great job of killing a room of enemies (its a lvl one skill, what do you expect), it generally is enough to kill maybe one and stagger a few more, giving it a bit more use than just pure damage.  The shag carpet special is pretty much the only ability I don't frequently use, but its okay sometimes if you have a team with you.  I use renewal fairly often with a team, and it has saved some lives a few times.  Finally, Reckoning is possibly one of the most satisfying ults in the game, and even if I don't kill everyone, I still floor them for a few seconds and get some valuable health orbs as well.

So what is my point?  I made this thread to get a gauge on warframes that are actually the most enjoyable to play as rather than the most effective in 40 minute T3 tower survival.  I personally love oberon and ash, despite the fact that they are generally reviled more often than not, yet I just can't seem to enjoy Rhino or Frost as much, since Rhino's abilities are very useful but not that interesting, and frost has only one ability which provides no enjoyment to use and is pretty much the only reason why he is universally loved.  

So?  What warframes do you like that not everyone else necessarily likes?

I'd say Trinity is one. Everyone uses her for Blessing and never for the rest of her abilities because they feel they're useless. They're not 100% amazing all the time, but I love the supportive types and Trinity does that well. The hate for her skirt is also evident, but I love it too.

If you stack the "shag carpet" ontop of itself paired with another Oberon, you create a lava floor of doom.

This.

I personally found early on that oberon's hallowed ground was his most underrated. If you are only running exterminates and captures you wouldn't get this.  For defense and Survival it's rather fun to just stack away and then watch as everything that walks on it just falls over dead. Granted like all skills there is a damage drop-off. It is an easily overlooked skill since with only 1 dropped it does little.

Personally the only frame i never got on with was Volt. I like just about every other frame for various reasons. The key is to look for positives in the frame and than exploit them. Don't take every skill at face value. Just because someone says "so and so skill sucks" don't bite the hype. Try it for yourself and make your own assessments.

I'd say Trinity is one. Everyone uses her for Blessing and never for the rest of her abilities because they feel they're useless. They're not 100% amazing all the time, but I love the supportive types and Trinity does that well. The hate for her skirt is also evident, but I love it too.

On the PS4, everyone uses her for Link (or at least that is how it used to be).

Trinity is definitely my character.  I don't care if she has no "MURDER EVERYTHING IN THE GAME" skill.   She is fun to use.

Seeing how I've played every character out on the PS4, I have to say that I enjoy almost all of them.  Probably the only one I don't like is excalibur.  

Personally, I test my warframes by how they do fighting level 70+ enemies or the stalker.  (Btw, Stalker needs to visit me more).

Personally, I've yet to find a warframe that doesn't pass my test.  Even Excalibur can pass that test.

When people say, "This warframe is weak!" I go, "Heh."

When I say a warframe isn't that great, I mean it isn't that great.   It isn't weak, but it isn't strong.  It is rare for me to say that a warframe is weak.  Closest one would be Oberon and that is as a healer and comparing him to Trinity (due to how his heal works-it would be absurdly OP if it worked slightly differently >.> )

Trinity's spider skirt is amazing.  People just can't handle her fashion sense.

Trinity's spider skirt is amazing.  People just can't handle her fashion sense.

personally, i never had much of an issue with trins lobster &#!.

that said, DE will be changing it a bit with the coming cloth physics update.

dont know if thats coming with u12 or much later, but there ya go.

If they stopped nerfing 'frames and, instead, buffed the weaker, pathetic ones then I'm quite confident that we'd see more variety being used.

Ember's nerf to WOF was disgraceful. As was Mag's. I wish whoever decided to nerf the fluk (and, subsequently, the fun) out of them got fired for being such a killjoy.

Fired and fined. Then fined again.

I've had a lot of fun with Volt atm, running around pretending I'm a Sith Lord. I only use Shock and Speed. (can't bring myself to use the plasma sword though :P )

I am personally not a fan of nuke frames and prefer utility to make a more interesting game. I only use nuke frames for speed running invasion missions.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

I hate Oberon. I hate him not because he is a bad frame, but because his 4th ability is annoying when people spam it( and the fact that he is a goat frame.) I try to kill something, and then a showoff Oberon pops up and then slamdunk the mobs EVERY SINGLE TIME. He may not be good at healing like Trinity, but he is unique for being a hybrid that is very capable throughout the planets, I think( since I don't play him.) And this game isn't revolved around survival missions. There are plenty of other mission types where one frame may be mediocre at and and completely dominates in another. Oberon is not a bad frame at all...

Ash, however, sucks. Despites looking cool and have cool abilities, he just sucks. Not enjoyable to play at all. I tried to like him for a whole month, using him constantly. I just don't have fun with his mediocre skills. Shuriken deals homing damage, whoop dee doo. Smoke Screen is invisibility for a short duration, okay. Teleport, it sucks most of the time. Blade Storm, one of the best looking ability in game but it is completely outclassed by other ults. Poor Ash always get his prey stolen from him when using his ult. Truly not high tier material and just a boring frame overall.

But to answer your question, I enjoy Volt the most. Yeah, I brought him to a 40+ min ODS before, and I didn't bring much to the table( just a speed boost and a CC here and there.) A Trinity held the team together. I felt a little useless there, but I have always enjoyed being fast and Volt fits that bill perfectly. I use all of his abilities and I say they are extremely effective at the right times and places. You know where Volt shines? Exterminate and Capture missions. Volt may not be effective against Grineers, but he completely wrecks Corpus. I've saved so much time and electrocuted so many asses. I love every moment of it.

Personally the only frame i never got on with was Volt. I like just about every other frame for various reasons. The key is to look for positives in the frame and than exploit them. Don't take every skill at face value. Just because someone says "so and so skill sucks" don't bite the hype. Try it for yourself and make your own assessments.

I just don't understand. IMO, Volt is the most intense frame of them all. Always on the move or doing something. Fast-paced is how I like it.

I love plopping a carpet under robotic bosses like Jackal, Hyena, and Ambulas.  It's great for keeping their shields down and they take extra damage from radiation.

...Anyway, I would say Excalibur gets more flak than it should, especially with regards to Super Jump.  Seriously, I use Super Jump all the time, it's amazing.  You can cross huge areas by combining it with Slash Dash, and you can use it with Ogris to leap above your enemies and then place a shot in the middle of a group, following up with a melee jump attack if necessary.  Radial Blind also gets severely overlooked, as it's a great crowd control move for such a maneuverable offensive frame.