Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright, I Give Up. Explain, Please.

(PSN)ToastyFairy01

Because most players are dump. Others think the ability works as it used to work while this is not the actual case anymore. Either way this is the reason why people spam blessing. That being said, combine it with her first ability to make the enemies health temporarily 10 times bigger will make it better for you and your team.

Last time I saw EV, you gained energy based on how much damage you did to the target. (Quite some time ago?)

I did not know it was supposed to be kept alive.

My bad. :x

Yeah. At some update Trinity got a rework. Her Link used to also made her invinsible. That got changed to 75% damage reduction. Her energy vampire changed so energy transmits to teammates over time while also damaging the target. But you no longer gain energy by attacking the target. Trinity's profile video describes her abilities correctly. But they forgot to change the ingame descriptions.

Thats why I can't be mad at people attacking the targets.

Edited by kubbi

Last time I saw EV, you gained energy based on how much damage you did to the target. (Quite some time ago?)

I did not know it was supposed to be kept alive.

My bad. :x

yeah must be kept alive, the target "Pulses" every so often giving the team power IF they are in range of the target, also if you like using power duration for your blessing then that also affects EV in a negative way as it increases the times between pulses meaning you have to wait much longer to get any power from EV.  (meaning that by the time you probably got 0-1 pulses a teammates already killed it and you got nothing of use back.)

Some skills just dont work on normal mission types (capture/sabotage/exterminate/etc) ev and wol are exactly like that but there are more like bastille mind control snow globe etc. They all kind of defeat the purpose of progressing through the level. If you happen to be doing an organised mission like a mdef/def/survival then they can really shine.

Pubbing standard missions those skills are not needed even in nightmare mode, just go perma blessing and be useful :)

I run around in Nightmares quite a bit, giving people a hand where I can. I normally use Ember or Trinity (mostly Trinity, as supportive roles seem to be rather rare outside of the cheesy forever-blessing-easy-mode), so it's either support or crowd control. Here's what baffles (and confuses me) when I use Trinity. There are times when it's the energy drain conditioned one, and that's fine. I have Energy Vampire, I fundamentally have infinite energy for not only myself, but for my team.

Why do people keep killing my energy sources? When I see these Novas, these Frosts- why do they kill their income of energy? The Oberons I run into are normally bright enough to recognize the Energy Vampire and tend to take heed to keep from killing it. Vauban I run into a lot less than Oberon, but they seem to be understanding as well.

It makes me chuckle in the end though. These Novas, these Frosts, those that kill my EV targets- I'm usually busy picking them off the ground. Hard to spam without energy, eh?

(Love your Energy Vampire team mates! They keep the energy plentiful!)

It's funny how not many people actually read your entire post.

That said, sadly in Warframe a decent portion of the gamers have no idea how their own warframe's powers do, let alone other players warframes.

In normal mode, you can muddle though it without putting a whole lot of brain power or skill into it.

In Nightmare Energy Vampire mode, that's not as possible. Sadly most players who play nightmares don't really seem to know that your strategies have to change.

In short, the few Nightmare players who play nightmares for the increased challenge, thank Trinity players like yourself.

The only thing you really can do is put Well of Life and then Energy Vampire. It will save your Energy Vamped target from the random snap kills. You'll still have the players who will dump enough ammo to kill it. At that point, all you can do is ask them to stop.

IMHO the problem is obviously with the way EV and WOL work. they slow the game down and are mostly useless. they maybe serve as a cc of sorts with the added bonus of giving out small amounts of health/energy but seriously i only used them twice in 13 ranks just to realize how worthless and pace damaging they are. there are better/faster ways to gain energy/health that don't require NOT killing the enemy. also maybe players that haven't yet played trin don't know what they are or how they work.

that being said they are of use in nightmare mode energy drain but i still prefer to rely on team restore items

Edited by ol0.8io

why are you complaining about novas frosts etc that they keep killing ? it's the exact goal of this game isn't it??? if you rage because someone kills enemies in this game, you should consider to revert to games like need for speed. oh wait, you may want to make ppl crazy because they will keep trying to finish races as 1st position as it's the goal.... omg, some ppl are rly crazy sometimes

...he didn't complain about people killing enemies..he was talking about killing the enemies he was using energy vampire on damn...you really want nova to be like a fast car on NOS in this game and race for 1 st at the extraction and who killed the most xD

I agree that if people killing them bothers you that much, pop into chat or turn on your mic real quick and just say, "hey guys, don't shoot the glowing blue guys please, they're helping us". That being said, there are many players who do stupid things like that. Kinda like those guys in survival missions who constantly activate the oxygen towers when they're at 93%...

I won't lie, I'm guilty for doing this myself, but I've quickly learned to be mindful of enemies Trinity may target in my missions. So on my behalf for any Trinity players here I've played with before, my apologies.

But yeah, honestly I think they should've added the same effect from Well of Life on Energy Vampire so people can not make the mistake of killing the energy source.

I run around in Nightmares quite a bit, giving people a hand where I can. I normally use Ember or Trinity (mostly Trinity, as supportive roles seem to be rather rare outside of the cheesy forever-blessing-easy-mode), so it's either support or crowd control. Here's what baffles (and confuses me) when I use Trinity. There are times when it's the energy drain conditioned one, and that's fine. I have Energy Vampire, I fundamentally have infinite energy for not only myself, but for my team.

Why do people keep killing my energy sources? When I see these Novas, these Frosts- why do they kill their income of energy? The Oberons I run into are normally bright enough to recognize the Energy Vampire and tend to take heed to keep from killing it. Vauban I run into a lot less than Oberon, but they seem to be understanding as well.

It makes me chuckle in the end though. These Novas, these Frosts, those that kill my EV targets- I'm usually busy picking them off the ground. Hard to spam without energy, eh?

Because what i have found is people that generally play the higher damage frames like nova and the higher aoe frame they tend to be very selfish people and when in public games they tend to not give a crap about team work, but that is were gaming seem to be going less and less team work not necessarily because dev's dont put it in but because players dont want to take the time and use it. 

You want the optimistic answer? Not everyone has Trinity and so not everyone knows how her powers work.

The not so optimistic answer? Not everyone cares about teamwork, even if it means having a hard time.

Because its not needed.

You only need EV in very, very long Survivals or Defense...

Energy Drops plenty in normal missions and most players run with max efficiency...

Don´t be angry because ppl don´t need the things you offer... offer them when they are needed.

Also EV Trinity only works well if the first tick of EV gives you more energy than it costed to cast it.

You need a short duration and high Power Strength to get to this point, but as you may know, high duration is needed for the other Trinity skills and Power Strength is not needed at all for them. So you have to decide if you want to go all Blessing/Link or EV with Blessing that only heals with very short invulnerable time.

Most players go for long blessings and no EV because Blessing is needed much more often then EV and can keep a team alive, while EV can keep the energy up, but thats worth nothing when you get oneshotted by every single enemy...

Both are not needed at all for any of the normal Missions and only can show true usefulness in Endgame Content like 1h+ Survivals and 60+ Waves Defense...

why are you complaining about novas frosts etc that they keep killing ? it's the exact goal of this game isn't it??? if you rage because someone kills enemies in this game, you should consider to revert to games like need for speed. oh wait, you may want to make ppl crazy because they will keep trying to finish races as 1st position as it's the goal.... omg, some ppl are rly crazy sometimes

Agree...whats the point in keeping energy up if you can't use it to kill enemys.

EV is a bad design when you gotta keep enemys alive to benefit from it, besides you are carrying three weapons use them FGS

On one hand, I get frustrated with people who try to 'help' by killing all the enemies around me when I'm running Nyx's ult (meanwhile ignoring other enemies that are attacking the pod!)

On the other hand, if I'm 100% honest with myself, can I really say I never did the same thing? Show me someone who says they didn't and I'll show you a liar.

Edited by thegooseking

Your answer might be: Neuroscience.

Firstly, human reaction time is 215 ms, more than enough to kill an enemy.

We have Change Blindness (The link is to an experiment on this subject, its a bit of a read and only here for those who are interested)

"Our experience of a rich, stable visual world often leads to the intuitive belief that our representations of that world are correspondingly detailed and precise. But increasing evidence for ‘‘change blindness,’’ the inability to detect large changes to scenes from one glance to the next, has inspired claims that little to no information about the world is preserved in visual short term memory"

They may just not notice the change in the enemies visual appearance.

I mostly run a Nyx and have been more than guilty for killing Mind Controlled enemies. When we initiate the change we are more receptive of them and the visual change, other players do not have the same perceptions of the event.

Now mind you, these are only cursory explanations and individually vary widely and why your particular groups did kill them could be drawn into a case-by-case basis, but would be rather exhausting to do ( and prone to errors ). Anyways, I feel this should be sufficient to get your question answered to some degree.

In Summary: Science! ... and human perception is flawed and prone to errors, go figure.