The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Platinum Purchase Without Confirmation

Raidyr

Yesterday morning (Friday) I logged on to Warframe to claim a weapon I had built. Upon attempting the claim, the game did not put the weapon in my inventory. Checking my weapon slots to delete a weapon I owned to make space (something I regularly do), I discovered two new, unoccupied slots had appeared and I had lost 12 platinum. There was absolutely no confirmation message in between the two screens and if there had been one I would not have purchased additional slots I did not need.

Upon filing a support ticket, I was told that I indeed had pressed "Ok" at a confirmation message that was supposed to have come up. It did not. I'm not sure if this is a client side issue introduced in a recent patch or something with the connection between client and server.

I can't do any additional testing on my end because I spent all my platinum on Warframe slots to avoid accidentally buying more weapon slots in the future, but hopefully this is something other people have run in to and might be reproducible and fixed.

You probably misread the message as "Item has been added to your inventory" instead of seeing it asking you if you would like to buy slots. This issue pops up a lot and its almost always the same cause, people misread the first message and click ok/click ok without reading it.

You probably misread the message as "Item has been added to your inventory" instead of seeing it asking you if you would like to buy slots. This issue pops up a lot and its almost always the same cause, people misread the first message and click ok/click ok without reading it.

It's hard to prove as I don't make a habit of recording my Warframe gameplay but no messages appeared at all. I clicked the Claim button, the game made a sound as if it had been claimed, but nothing popped up. After clicking Claim I immediately switched to my inventory to empty out a slot.

If I am going crazy and simply don't remember, then perhaps DE can look into changing the message, most simply by reversing the "Ok" and "Cancel" or whatever the negative confirmation button is.

Edited by Raidyr

In any case, they ought to change the platinum buy message in the foundry to something that simply can not be confused with the "Item has been added to your inventory". I mean, I obviously have no problem with buying slots, but I'm sure that for most people pressing "OK" in the foundry has become a reflex by now. It's like the "Download now" advertisements that have been appearing in download pages as of late, if you rush or are distracted, you get ****ed up.

It's usually the first thing that pops up if there's a lack of inventory space. It states that there is not enough space in your inventory, and if you want to add two slots for 12 plat. And of course the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons.

Otherwise, it would simply state that you have successfully added your item into your inventory.

To be honest, they do need to change something with that - for those who just rush and hit "OK" by accident or something.

Something like...

yellow-exclamation-mark-in-triangle-hi.p

A giant yellow triangle with an exclamation point/mark in the middle to say "HEY. WATCH OUT."

Personally? I would contact DE again with a new ticket and just state that it was a mistake, that you didn't want to purchase two slots. Hopefully they'll be willing to oblige. :\

Edited by BladeMaverick