Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eviscerators, Op Or Not?

Zarlockk

Hi, I am just curious  about your opinion. I hate Phobos and invasions because of them. As an example, today did invasion on Eris..yes i am corpus supporter, and I was frost with 1110 Shield and 300 HP. LVL 23 Eviscador makes 1 shot on me and I die from bleed in next 2 seconds. There was nobody else around us only we 2 and i killed him right after that 1 shot on me. So here is my question, is it just me or they are actually OP if you are not Rhino/Trinity?

Eviscerators aren't any stronger than napalms or bombards imo.

The enemy procs (especially bleed) are completely broken though. On Phobos I was bleeding for ~70 damage per tick after getting hit once by an eviscerator... it's a little unbalanced compared to the ~3 damage per tick from regular grineer troops.

Why does bleed work trough shields? From what I understand, unless you're woman, you will only bleed if you're wounded. Generally speaking shields protect you from being wounded.

Tennos are soft on the inside, that's why.

As for the eviscerators yes they're deadly, but they shoot a projectile which you can just dodge by moving a few steps.

I wouldn't say OP, but that bleeding damage needs some tweaking. They can be pretty brutal if they catch you off-guard, or in numbers. There was this one time I suddenly died with full shields because of bleeding proc. Then again, if you spot them from afar you can snipe them painlessly, and if you have to get through narrow corridors and suspect there is an Eviscerator nearby, that's why you got Tenno abilities. You have to go in prepared to counter them.

Someone suggested above that bleeding shouldn't proc through shields, I think that's a good middle ground to fix the problem without having to actually nerf the Eviscerators themselves. After all, if bullets can't get through shields then why the hell am I bleeding with my shields up?

As for the people who speak about dodging them, yeah, at several dozen meters it's possible, but not when you open a door and there are a couple of them right there waiting for you.

Like the others I agree that the proc needs to be changed. At least they aren't as bad as mid to high level scorchers from damage 1.0 especially in kiste. All it took was one coming from behind and if your in their fire for 1.5 - 2 seconds you're down even if you have 1k shields and 700 health.

Edited by Rafarix