Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Nova Needs Nerfing.

I use Nova and I can say I am pretty good at it. I will have to disagree with you. Instead of trying to shoot one guy, I personally use Antimatter drop. Less than half a clip is more than enough to take out T3 defense enemies (what like.. level 50 dudes?)

So she is still good at what she does. Even if you arent killing them, better them slow down then having 30 some enemies rush you.

Also Nova, though strong, is not always the best. Nekros can make oxygen in survival. You can kill all you want but more oxygen is always better.

Nyx is utility, utility abilities like chaos dont go stale. Where Nova may fail in killing, chaos will stop you from being killed. You cant replace that.

Its not all about T3 defenses either. There are alot of hard missions you can do.

Mag's shield polarize is a percentage based and can still do damage to Corpus far into the game

I will say that Ember (accelerate synergy), Sayrn (venom's damage), Banshee (silence) , and some others though they have been changed, still need some proper alterations to be viable players. I do expect that all warframes being viable in higher leveled content, though each of them being different. Even if that means that some frames are to be nerfed and others to be buffed in the process

Very aptly put!  +1.  Still, because of Nova nobody bothers with Saryn or Banshee much anymore.

>scarce amount of reasoning in OP

>no suggestions for balance

2/10

>4chan

>Greentext

>1/10 go back to /b/ and look at your goatses

I know he's trolling when he starts talking about armor.

Armor actually does matter.  Compare a Valkyr to a nekros getting shot at by a few lancers.  Just look at how long they survive, even if they have the same amount of health combined with shields... 

Armor actually does matter.  Compare a Valkyr to a nekros getting shot at by a few lancers.  Just look at how long they survive, even if they have the same amount of health combined with shields... 

Actually no, it's the invulnerability that makes valkyr last longer.  If you really think you should spec armor, honestly I won't take your opinion for anything including nerfing or buffing anything.

Edited by aa3123

Thats my problem.  you only ever see her being played as the dps frame in a squad.  She is so good at DPS that any other frame in her class is a downgrade.  So you never see Embers or Saryns.

I go with whatever frame I want on whatever mission I want to do. Saryn was my main before I got my Loki. I can still be just as effective as anything else. It all depends on how I approach situations and position myself.  I can do as much damage with my Saryn as Nova would.

So no, Nova is indeed just fine.

OP got any suggestions or are you going to poke at greentext?

I'm not a fan of Nova myself, but I've used her and she doesn't nail rooms beyond level 25. Her MPrime doesn't even chain properly and mooks standing next to Primed targets sometimes take zero damage. I agree that slow + damage debuff + explosion is a bit excessive, but it's not as overpowered as people blow it up as. She's a damage frame that's meant to do damage, and if she can't even achieve that, then what?

If I were to nerf Nova, I'd just make her MPrime do x2 or x2.5 the damage it does now and remove the slow + debuff CC.

Nova definitely needs a nerf, though that was it's main purpose, it was too much, not just that, but people say that you still gain xp if people use their ult to kill, but I would contradict that since a squad of 4 without a 4th ability spam allowed me to level my gear 1-3 times on cyath eris, now it takes like 1-2 runs to apply the same thing.

Actually no, it's the invulnerability that makes valkyr last longer.  If you really think you should spec armor, honestly I won't take your opinion for anything including nerfing or buffing anything.

Without even using abilities, that is.

Nova is currently the best warframe in the game, by far. She simply outclasses all other warframes at everything.

Tankier than Rhino and Trinity because all enemies die before they have a chance to damage any of her allies.
More utility than Vauban or Frost because she keeps all enemies unable to get anywhere near her team, and she has a neat movement ability.
More damage than all the other frames simply due to how MP and AD stack with eachother and themselves.

I understand that DE said they've wanted harder to get things to be stronger than easier things, but Nova is just way too powerful to try to justify her current strengths. 
She will be balanced, but it will probably take a while to tone her down to reasonable levels.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

So, you are saying I should NOT use abilities in favor of armor. Yup trolling.

You're twisting my words or I'm not articulating correctly.

I meant that, using no abilities, you place a warframe with high armor in front of a grineer heavy gunner, that it will survive significantly longer than a warframe with low armor and high shields(equivalent health btw). Not using abilities on either - but rather just bare statwize. Especially when you factor in puncture and bleeding damage.

Edited by Gaminus

Yes OP Nova is the best DPS is in the game to the point of rendering most of them useless at higher levels with a few notable exceptions. This is not Nova's fault though, its the devs fault for leaving most powers at low fixed damage values vs nova's M. Prime has attributes that scale with enemies.

Nova is not the problem, powers in general are lacking past a certain point.

Edited by Ohmlink

You're twisting my words or I'm not articulating correctly.

I meant that, using no abilities, you place a warframe with high armor in front of a grineer heavy gunner, that it will survive significantly longer than a warframe with low armor and high shields(equivalent health btw). Not using abilities on either - but rather just bare statwize. Especially when you factor in puncture and bleeding damage.

I don't think I am articulating correctly.  So here it is, because you have abilities, why would armor matter?

Here are the list of frames that can effectively utilize an armor/hp build:

Rhino: has iron skin and rhino stomp

Frost: has snow globe

Saryn: has molt and miasma.  If you argue that molt dies fast in high lvl, do you think armor will save you?

Ash: has smokescreen

Oberon: has renewal that autorez

Valkyr: has hysteria

So yes, armor is completely worthless considering:

1.  You need to waste a mod slot for steel fiber and vitality.  Yes Armor is worthless without hp.

2.  Your shield need to have been depleted

If you still think armor matters, sorry but I got to agree with:

typical noob that plays low level maps and thinks everything needs to be nerfed 

Edited by aa3123

typical noob that plays low level maps and thinks everything needs to be nerfed 

Have you taken one look at my profile, little youngling Tenno?

I've braved the tides of war back when Vor was a red flameblade.  I've killed Ruk back when he used Mag's Ult and farmed mods before they were cards.  I was one of the first Tenno to brave the void.

The Warframe i chose in the beginning was Volt, and I got the PRO version.  I filled out his skill tree to be really good at Overload - back when the animation lasted 10 seconds.

I remember back when you couldn't zoom out of a planet when you were in a squad.  I rememeber before there were Dojos.

I know what I'm doing, little Tenno.  I know what I'm talking about.  Do you?

I don't think I am articulating correctly.  So here it is, because you have abilities, why would armor matter?

Here are the list of frames that can effectively utilize an armor/hp build:

Rhino: has iron skin and rhino stomp

Frost: has snow globe

Saryn: has molt and miasma.  If you argue that molt dies fast in high lvl, do you think armor will save you?

Ash: has smokescreen

Oberon: has renewal that autorez

Valkyr: has hysteria

So yes, armor is completely worthless considering:

1.  You need to waste a mod slot for steel fiber and vitality.  Yes Armor is worthless without hp.

2.  Your shield need to have been depleted

If you still think armor matters, sorry but I got to agree with:

I've got a Glaive Prime.  Just think about that for a second.  I've also got a Latron Prime, Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, and my first warframe was a Volt.  How long do you think I've been playing?  What all do you think I've done?

Hell, I was here before Parkour was in the game.

Edited by Gaminus

I've got a Glaive Prime.  Just think about that for a second.  I've also got a Latron Prime, Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, and my first warframe was a Volt.  How long do you think I've been playing?  What all do you think I've done?

Yes, when anyone starts losing an argument, they should mention things that are completely unrelated.  LOLOL glaive prime and latron prime LOLOLOL.

So throwing around what you have makes your argument better?  I am rank 14 with EVERY weapons and frame except exclusives.  How long do you think I have been playing and what do you think I have done?  If you have been playing since closed beta and think armor is good, that just makes you BAD.

Edited by aa3123

Yes, when anyone starts losing an argument, they should mention things that are completely unrelated.  LOLOL glaive prime and latron prime LOLOLOL.

So throwing around what you have makes your argument better?  I am rank 14 with EVERY weapons and frame except exclusives.  How long do you think I have been playing and what do you think I have done?  If you have been playing since closed beta and think armor is good, that just makes you BAD.

I've done at least 30 t3 defenses.  I know how overpowered Nova is - I KNOW that she overshadows ALL other DPS warframes.  She renders them obsolete.  Volt could do just as well as Nova, but people dont give him a chance...  You never see anyone playing Saryn anymore because she's so obsolete compared to the sheer damage Nova puts out. 

I say all that because its relevant.  I've been around long enough to know this stuff. And that is merely proof.

Edited by Gaminus

I've done at least 30 t3 defenses.  I know how overpowered Nova is - I KNOW that she overshadows ALL other DPS warframes.  She renders them obsolete.  Volt could do just as well as Nova, but people dont give him a chance...  You never see anyone playing Saryn anymore because she's so obsolete compared to the sheer damage Nova puts out. 

I say all that because its relevant.  I've been around long enough to know this stuff. 

LOL 30 t3 defense.  I have done a few hundred.  I got every prime from there and every void, even got detron because rng matters!!!!!  So I win this argument according to your logic.  You have also completely stopped mentioning armor.  Want to argue why armor is good with logic?

LOL 30 t3 defense.  I have done a few hundred.  I got every prime from there and every void, even got detron because rng matters!!!!!  So I win this argument according to your logic.  You have also completely stopped mentioning armor.  Want to argue why armor is good with logic?

You've never suffered slash damage then.

Guys, you're getting off topic by going on about which weapons you own.
The issue is that Nova is the uncontested strongest warframe at all levels of play, which especially shines at higher levels.

Generally low level players that haven't gotten past level 20 enemies might say otherwise, but inexperienced experiences are still valid. This is a discussion, after all.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

I've done well over 100 t3 defenses, I'm pretty sure.  (I spend most of my time not doing alerts/assassinates/events in the void or derelict)

==

I have seen other warframes outkill and outdamage Nova.  And not just when I'm using them, but when other players are using them.  I've had novas spam MP while rushing ahead of the party just to try to keep up with my kills-they still ended up with less than half of my kills.

Here is why people think Nova's ability steals the kills: LAST hit is what counts for kill calculation.  nova's ability sets off a chain reaction so if your skill damage didn't kill all those enemies?  Those enemies that get hit by Nova's ability and died to it now count towards Nova's kills since she did the LAST hit.

Even with that considered in, I have still managed to double the kills (and often the damage) of MP Novas during missions.  I won't say anything about which warframes I use to do so, other than I love valkyr despite what anyone has to say about her.

Simply because I kind of like having most people play Nova rather than my favorite warframes since it means I get to use them without having to worry about competition ;P

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia