Nova Needs Nerfing.

Hmmmmm.

Lets throw balance out the window I guess, buffing everything is obviously the best solution. Like seriously, what could go wrong? Who needs to get a firm grip on the player power level, and create a legitimate endgame with that. Lets just buff everything over and over so the actual game becomes easier and the select minority of the game can go 25 waves farther into endless defense.

Personally, I don't want to touch the damage. I want that slowdown S#&$ removed.

That's kind of a subjective statement really. 

You could add twice as many utility effects and player action involvement mechanics/bonuses to skills as you could simply adding more bone disintegration to nukes and still find the game to be better for it. I think difficulty here is overshadowing player engagement. Nova not only makes the game easier, but less engaging and exciting for the players. 

It's rather the same reason people are still complaining about Rhino even though Stomp is much weaker comparatively than it was. 

Other frames have ultimates that for whatever reason, like cast time or damage issues or small range, still make the game enjoyable for others. 

Here's my idea, keep the slow, and the damage buff as is. Those are her primary oh snap butt saving tools here. Nova is an engager, she is designed around preparing for combat before getting in to it. A dps slasher is only as useful as the amount of protection she has when it activates in that kind of situation.

The change to it would be to have the explosions go off after a short delay. for now let's say 1 second, and each explosion has  a greater chance of causing the blast procc or maybe stagger. Now, it does make it more defensive. But she already has a strong offensive nuke. And tuning down the offensive qualities in trade for defensive ones while overall being a nerf to the ability, buff its player engagement quality and enjoyment. 

Edited by LukeAura

normal people have been known to survive bombs at practically point blank range. An infamous example being the failed Operation Valkyre

Its more of surviving said bomb.  when you are the Bomb.    

Think of it like this.

You have been turned into a bomb.   Every part of you, down to your cells is rigged to blow at the slightest bit of jarring.  With the explosion of one cell triggering the cell next to it to blow and so forth.     Till the reaction hits mass and your whole body is gone in an explosive instant leaving only dust behind if one is lucky...   

That is what Molecular Prime does to those it is effects.  

Given that.  I restate.  If someone survives being a Bomb, there is something wrong.  Or they are a God....

Before we go nuts hitting one of the few frames relevant at all levels of play with the nerfbat, I reccommmend we make a simple change first:

Make the duration of Molecular Prime affected by Power Duration, so people can't use Fleeting Expertise to cast it for 25 energy (not without making it virtually useless, anyway)

It won't make one little bit of difference at all. 50% fleeting expertise+25% energy Siphon = 25 energy cost for MP. The power duration reduction is 50%. Molecular Prime lasts 60s, so big deal it goes down to ONLY 30s. In what way does that make the slightest difference at all! Within 30s most of the stuff affected by prime is dead, apart from the stragglers you may have to go and fine. Also molecular prime can simply be recast at any time, while the previous one is in effect.....and usually is. I don't know many Novas who ONLY cast molecular prime once every 30s

Below is what needs to be done to baklance Nova and bring her power in line with other frames, in terms of the usual limitations on recasting.

2 things I want to see to balance Nova and bring her a little more into line with other frames

1. Shared kills (and shared personal kill XP) when warframe ultis kill enemies (this just elicits the changes in how people play) and makes new players happier

2. Not being able to recast prime until effect of previous prime has finished or all affected enemies are dead. For this to be successful the duration of prime will have to be reduced (which it should be anyway). I would think a hard 15s would be right. I would also love to see kills by the warframe ability ONLY give shared Warframe XP, in the same proportion as the shared kills. If weapon XP is wanted, stuff has to be killed with...well weapons, believe it or not.

With Molecular Prime No nerf to the bangs, no nerf to the slow no nerf to the massive debuff or the very large range . It becomes the same as the majority of other ultis (not spammable every few seconds). I know, I know saryn can spam every few seconds, but low energy pool, high cost, poor range and lacklustre damage make this unimportant on a frame that's hardly used.

Somehow, even this doesn't seem acceptable, it should be, but it's not. The players who use Nova most of the time, want to keep the frame ridiculously overpowered. I am not even suggesting Antimatter Drop be touched, which all Nova players say is the OP skill that should be Nerfed....oh no, I am only suggesting the MP be changed. We can leave AD exactly as it is...so how can it be a nerf.

P.S. Oh Kubbi, the reason I bought up Rhino earlier was because YOU used it as an example of a frame whose ulti (Rhino Stomp) was as overpowered as Novas Molecular prime. I stated why you were wrong to compare the 2 with Novas ulti being far far more powerful.

Edited by DaveC

Molecular prime is simply too powerful.  It saps all of the challenge out of the game and devalues other warframes such as Saryn(when was the last time you used or saw one when a Nova was available?), Ember, Volt, Banshee and all that will follow. 

Her ability is literally Press 4 to Win Fight - Nova has taken over all of the roles where other crowd control Warframes are involved.  Why use a Nyx when you have a Nova, save for t3 defenses?  Her ultimate makes Nekros's ult unusable.  She gets all of the kills, not like those matter but nonetheless. 

Something needs to be done.

I guess that is one way of putting it.  But, I put it this way, Nova, and Mprime, are great fun for me.  Don't nerf my fun.

Instead of the usual nerf bullS#&$, let's try something creative.  Make a Nightmare Mode challenge that has all the nerfs that you want.  Give the enemies defenses against Tenno.  Make the game interesting instead of boring.  Be creative, not regressive.

Somehow, even this doesn't seem acceptable, it should be, but it's not. The players who use Nova most of the time, want to keep the frame ridiculously overpowered. I am not even suggesting Antimatter Drop be touched, which all Nova players say is the OP skill that should be Nerfed....oh no, I am only suggesting the MP be changed. We can leave AD exactly as it is...so how can it be a nerf.

No, it is acceptable.

It's also the first time I've actually seen someone who argues for Nova Nerfs suggest something reasonable. So +1.

Jumping in, she activates her skill way before every other warframes. All she does is just slam her fist on the ground and boom. While Rhino has to get ready for stomping, Mag waiting to crush, Oberon waiting to slam, etc.

Jumping in, she activates her skill way before every other warframes. All she does is just slam her fist on the ground and boom. While Rhino has to get ready for stomping, Mag waiting to crush, Oberon waiting to slam, etc.

to be fair, her skill required weapons or another person's skill to activate it so it doesn't immediately kill all the enemies just by activating it. 

It won't make one little bit of difference at all. 50% fleeting expertise+25% energy Siphon = 25 energy cost for MP. The power duration reduction is 50%. Molecular Prime lasts 60s, so big deal it goes down to ONLY 30s. In what way does that make the slightest difference at all! Within 30s most of the stuff affected by prime is dead, apart from the stragglers you may have to go and fine. Also molecular prime can simply be recast at any time, while the previous one is in effect.....and usually is. I don't know many Novas who ONLY cast molecular prime once every 30s

Below is what needs to be done to baklance Nova and bring her power in line with other frames, in terms of the usual limitations on recasting.

2 things I want to see to balance Nova and bring her a little more into line with other frames

1. Shared kills (and shared personal kill XP) when warframe ultis kill enemies (this just elicits the changes in how people play) and makes new players happier

2. Not being able to recast prime until effect of previous prime has finished or all affected enemies are dead. For this to be successful the duration of prime will have to be reduced (which it should be anyway). I would think a hard 15s would be right. I would also love to see kills by the warframe ability ONLY give shared Warframe XP, in the same proportion as the shared kills. If weapon XP is wanted, stuff has to be killed with...well weapons, believe it or not.

With Molecular Prime No nerf to the bangs, no nerf to the slow no nerf to the massive debuff or the very large range . It becomes the same as the majority of other ultis (not spammable every few seconds). I know, I know saryn can spam every few seconds, but low energy pool, high cost, poor range and lacklustre damage make this unimportant on a frame that's hardly used.

P.S. Oh Kubbi, the reason I bought up Rhino earlier was because YOU used it as an example of a frame whose ulti (Rhino Stomp) was as overpowered as Novas Molecular prime. I stated why you were wrong to compare the 2 with Novas ulti being far far more powerful.

I remember already answered the reasoning behind fleeting expertise. Had you ever considered Nova is not the only one benefit from fleeting expertise? That mod is simply good. 

For exp, someone already test, experienced, and label it, that exp kills are shared. 

So if an ability are killing the enemies, your party members also got that exp share into their frame/weapons. Now, I wouldn't mind about your suggest change for exp at all. 

Regarding the recast, every frames that had spammable skills should also be unable to recast then? 

Those included vauban, Frost, Trinity, Loki etc. Why are you limit it to Nova? 

Frame is ridiculously powerful? In what regard? Only damage/ and debuff at higher end lvl, not an explosion chain. 

AMD is buggy and lag, morever it hard to aim, it doesn't had the exact target indicator. So basically, you can cast the AMD and it can go slowly to your target, you might get kill before it even explode. 

I didn't it as an example of how "overpowered" it is. I used an example of frames that can spam their ability and ruin everyone's fun if the player like to be $&*^s. And of course Nova's damage capabilities are higher Rhino's. She excells at damage. Though Rhino isn't too bad either. Roar?

Edited by kubbi

Frame is ridiculously powerful? In what regard? Only damage/ and debuff at higher end lvl, not an explosion chain. 

Srsly? I dunno if you suck or what, but back when armor affected AMD, I could easily squeeze 100k-200k damage out of AMD and M Prime every time, with 3-4 seconds of prep time, which was hardly an issue because Its not hard to use cover, or evade things in this game.

And there are people who can even get in the millions with the same amount of prep. AMD is a bit buggy but that's not valid, and if you can't aim it you are doing something wrong.

Just because something is hard to do for you, doesn't mean it shouldn't be factored.

Srsly? I dunno if you suck or what, but back when armor affected AMD, I could easily squeeze 100k-200k damage out of AMD and M Prime every time, with 3-4 seconds of prep time, which was hardly an issue because Its not hard to use cover, or evade things in this game.

And there are people who can even get in the millions with the same amount of prep. AMD is a bit buggy but that's not valid, and if you can't aim it you are doing something wrong.

Just because something is hard to do for you, doesn't mean it shouldn't be factored.

hello, if you didn't realized it, or your computer just good than most people, here are problems with AMD

1. Laggy (not an issue? Not for you)

2. Slow 

3. Doesn't need much in lower lvl, gun can do it better (penta/ Ogris/ignis/soma/ synapse etc)

4 Yet at higher end, you'll get kill before you can cast them 

5. m-prime still end up the way for survival

6. Cover? Mobs surrounded all sides, if you actually think there are any safe place to cover in this game without being hit by gun, you not playing the game enough