The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Maxed Primary Weapon Endgame?

Insulation

Question

Okay, so I just got to rank 7, unlocked most of the planets, have most frames; I think it's time to start preparing for endgame. When I say preparing for endgame, I'm talking actually using my formas and potatoes, and searching for specific mods, etc etc.

My question is, which weapon is going to be the best when it comes to maxing it out with potatoes and formas? Of course the first thing that comes to mind is Penta.. Then I started to think, even though Penta is OP, maybe there may be a weapon that is possibly better when maxed and less dangerous. The only weapons I think to consider is Soma, Supra, Synapse, Ignis, and Gorgon.

(Btw, don't recommend things that you pretty much can't get, like the Brakk)

I have yet to try to bring my Drakgoon against lvl 100 enemies... i hope you not talking about Infested cuz they are... you know *weak*

I'll try it against grineer/corpus (got 4 formas on Drakgoon so 8/8 slot with fully ranked mods)

used it versus level 100+ corpus on palus, had a radiation/toxic build however... with magnetic it should tear corpus apart on even higher levels

Synapse, Soma, or Boltor Prime, depending on range of engagement and willingness to headshot.

If you're willing to get up close, and headshot, Synapse blows the other two out of the water, because of higher DPS when including 4x headshot damage, and base converting to corrosive which is utterly important for high level gunners as it partially ignores their armor. If you're not willing to get close but still headshot a lot, the Soma is an excellent option, because it has an average 3.5x headshot modifier with most builds. Finally, if you don't want to headshot at all, the Boltor Prime is your best option, as it has the highest non-headshot DPS and has a base of mostly puncture which partially ignores ferrite armor as well (not as much as corrosive but still pretty good).

Penta/Ogris/Ignis can be pretty good for AoE, but those are the 3 top single target primaries.

Boltor Prime, it's just too easy.

I bought my boltor prime through prime acces with ankyros prime. The best decision ever!

I got a build off youtube for a viral build and it is amazing. Over 1000 dmg per bullet! The bad things about boltor prime is the reload time and travel time :(