The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Colorblind Assistance. Please.

(PSN)nikrel

Hi,

I was wondering if some things could be a bit more friendly to color blind people myself, here is a quick suggestion.

Could the color scheme be changed to a nice bright " blue " for open doors / searchable containers.

Doors & Lockers different color for when locked / open, or searchable or not.

I have to go up to every single locker to see if it can be opened for goodies, this also applies to doors I'm always running into doors that are locked & I just do not know it.

Red is fine for something that can not be opened.

I really can not tell between the two colors green & red that are currently in the game.

Thanks so much.

Edited by (PS4)nikrel

As an also colorblind player, this really isn't needed. While I do have trouble distinguishing unlocked and locked lockers, I'd rather time get put into optimizing the game instead of fixing that.

Being able to see them unlocked doesn't help me if I can't make my way to them because of frame rate.

I myself have this problem also, though I don't think I'm colorblind its just the red and green sliver of light is hard to tell between from a certain angle/distance sometimes. I usually just strafe them all pressing "O" lol works for me at times. I also think the decipher panels could use a bit more emphasis/highlight when selecting them to rotate. In some areas of the game where lighting is dark or light its tricky at first to see which one I'm on especially if I'm trying to solve fast, but also it doesn't help if my contacts dry out too.

Hi guys I just posted a mod concept that might solve this problem.  PS the art and UI guys usually are not the same people who work on the game engine and optimization (to fix framerate) so I think it's ok to give them suggestions :-)

Here is my mod concept:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171962-mod-concept-automatic-opening-of-lockers-in-x-proximity/

Hi guys I just posted a mod concept that might solve this problem.  PS the art and UI guys usually are not the same people who work on the game engine and optimization (to fix framerate) so I think it's ok to give them suggestions :-)

Here is my mod concept:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171962-mod-concept-automatic-opening-of-lockers-in-x-proximity/

That wouldn't solve the problem.

Thanks for your contructive feedback.  Well written.  Would read again.  A+

There is no constructive feedback for your idea. The issue isn't just lockers, it extends to doors and items as well. You need to understand color blindness before you try to solve problems related to it.

So again, your idea wouldn't fix the problem.

Thanks for your contructive feedback.  Well written.  Would read again.  A+

Additionally your idea would require me to waste precious mod slots on my frame. I already don't have enough mod slots to get everything on that I want. Your idea further penalizes colorblind players because it forces us to use an additional mod slot to fix only one part of the problem.

I do agree that we really need some fixes to the game, especially for colorblind players.  I mean, I've suggested a few fixes to certain UI elements.   I myself have a hard time (I'm not truly colorblind, I just have a hard time seeing anything that is bright, such as my TV screen in a bright area (especially on Cicero Crisis daytime and Phobos).

Many games have adopted a "colorblind" mode, it would be nice if DE considered in this.