The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Choppy Gameplay,frame Rate Drops, Seemingly Frozen Screen

(PSN)cv3411

Not much has changed really with lag after the update, it still gets to the point where its unplayable. Choppy and now more frequently with me a seemingly frozen gameplay where it seems like everything is frozen reminiscent to the old Nintendo games freezing on you lol but then after 10-20 seconds it resumes back to choppy gameplay not what it should be normally. (Always with 4 players and massive waves of enemies) Is there something I could do on my end that would make this less annoying?

I don't know if it's just due to the lag issues ,mentioned above, but I have also noticed the new Lotus voice-overs are getting cutoff before she finishes speaking. She also still wrongly reports enemy waves when all have been killed on extermination missions.

The new button customizations don't allow for the Consumables Menu to be mapped to the Touch Pad.

If you delete/change the Gear Menu button from the controller buttons, you must reset to default to get the option back and again it can't be mapped to the Touch Pad.

I don't know if this applies to other frames with similar moves/animations, but w/ Ash and while in his Noble Stance Animation Set, his abilities can take longer to cast as his return to that stance from moving, fighting, whatever cycles back through the normal stance first and it's almost like he has to reset himself before the move can be cast (and with the lag problem, its even worse). By the way, DEvs, I love that Ash's Noble Stance is a tribute to Shinobi and he needs much more of this :D

The Dual Ichors is sticking on its charge attacks and allowing for infinite holding of the charged swing. This should be an already included feature for all weapons and players, really. It'd be nice to be able to run and hold a weapon in charged state, for lack of a better example, like a ninja running with his sword in his hand and his arm trailing behind him ready to strike with full force.

While on the subject of weapon swinging, why can't we jump and swing in the air? We can only jump and do ground attacks. It'd be nice to swat an osprey from the air above my head without a 2 handed weapon with that particular attack style. Just saying. Even a jump front/back flip/summersault roll in mid-air with the equipped weapon in hand forming a spinning pinwheel attack and it happens rising and falling (another Shinobi-esk move). Another way of looking at it is the front flip we do out of a slide, but with your weapon in hand the entire time.

The Orthos Prime has an offset hitbox and misses a lot of attacks with regular swings on top of not being able to hit fallen enemies but it's un-primed counterpart can and also lacks the strange hitbox. Hopefully all of this gets worked out with melee 2.0 or sooner.

That's all I have for now. Hope this helps.

Yes hopefully something more innovative will come out of melee 2.0 but I don't know this lag might just kill it for me. Especially in tower or derelict missions its increasingly worse sometimes I dread trying to farm for prime parts. Hopefully they continue to tend to this issue. I was also thinking about why they don't implement somersaults I guess because of the current mechanic but you should be able to select your melee weapon and then you would have a diff set of moves/skills pertaining to melee like the ones you said above which I think are good. But who knows we all just have to wait and cross our fingers for something good. That is to say if the lag doesn't turn me off from this.

I agree, the framerate and performance is unacceptable.  Void missions are the worst.  With other missions it may or may not get bad but in the void its guaranteed to be horrible. I love the actual content of this game, but if you can't deliver it at an acceptable level it's all a waste.  I'm at the point where I prefer to only play this game 2-player now, as it seems to help alot with the performance, and outside of 30+ min survival or 30+ wave defense, it's way too easy anyway.  This game has quite a few things in common with Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, I just wish it had strong netcode and overall performance like ME3 did.  

DE, PLEASE FIX THIS BROKEN GAME IM GETTING SICK OF THIS GARBAGE

Agreed. Void missions are a hassle, with 3 or more and alot of times 2 players its really hectic. Its hard to focus any attack,melee or gunplay and even special abilities, and also skews many elements of the game such as you not knowing your being hit or enemies dying a lot later than they should after shooting them and many others. Please continue to try to improve performance.

Not much you can do other than get all your friends who play this game to come post on the forum or submit bug reports on the DE helpdesk.

You can slightly increase FPS by turning off motion blur in the options menu and reduce the field of view (move the FOV slider to the left)

I don't think my friends would bother, besides that don't DE have any testers ? Or were they just used to make sure microtransactions work properly.

Edited by (PS4)IDazzlerazzle