The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mind Set Of A "corridor Hero"

BrotherIcarus

Let me rephrase it I am not saying this tactic has 100% success and that you will always get affinity. I am saying that you should not condemn it or sabotage the bloody mission cause you think someone is doing something wrong.

They are sabotaging the mission not us.

I let the pod die cause I'm not playing a babysitting game because 3 doorway heroes are off somewhere else.

Like most people I play a shooter to, you know, shoot stuff.

So, if 3 selfish people think they can do that while I get to babysit a pod / terminal and admire the scenery, they can think again.

It's not just about the XP, hallway heroes are expecting someone else to do virtually nothing but kill the odd NPC that gets through.

It's selfish, and I let the objective fail everytime, I give them one warning, then I'm off.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I talking about the people who say the solution is to just let the pod die cause they are to selfish to play with someone who does something they don't like.

But if I don't protect the pod by myself the mission fails, they are not helping anyone so yes I let the pod die these idiots need to learn how to play, its the only way they can learn. If you wanna do that with your clan (one at the pod and 3 door heroes) and its planned that way suure be my guest but online with pugs, respect the others and be a team player.

#saynotodoorheroes

I talking about the people who say the solution is to just let the pod die cause they are to selfish to play with someone who does something they don't like.

Whoa whoa, I'm being selfish by going out even further and getting kills before someone else does when they leave the objective as a door hero? Because I'm pretty sure I'm actually doing is "an efficient way of killing the enemies it is also safer than killing them near the objective," which as you may know, is "perfect for defence as long as you have at least one person acting as a rear guard." It's not my fault the mission failed if I'm even more efficient at killing than the other guy. Maybe he should go back and be the rear guard.

Wait, didn't you just say that you like playing that position? So if the mission fails, I'm pretty sure that's your fault. Maybe you should learn to play with more strategy.

Edited by Lucidity_XD

And it's not selfish to "force" someone to hang back while you're having all the fun? If your plan works so well it should work even better when everyone is being hallway hero.

I actually came here to make a thread bout this, glad I saw this because... NO to Door Heroes.

Been farming oxiums on kappa and so many damn John Rambo's. Mostly people w/mastery rank 10+

Just soloing off in their own spots, worst part about this is that they don't even bother to mark the oxi. So everyone else who wants them are stuck on a scavenger hunt. When all people have to do is group up so the mobs group up thus the drops are grouped, thus saving time, thus being able to do more missions faster, does farm more exp, drops, thus common sense...

This game has a solo mode, more people should use it if they desire to be John Rambo's and Door Heroes. Especially during an event like this one.

I let the pod die cause I'm not playing a babysitting game because 3 doorway heroes are off somewhere else.

Like most people I play a shooter to, you know, shoot stuff.

So, if 3 selfish people think they can do that while I get to babysit a pod / terminal and admire the scenery, they can think again.

It's not just about the XP, hallway heroes are expecting someone else to do virtually nothing but kill the odd NPC that gets through.

It's selfish, and I let the objective fail everytime, I give them one warning, then I'm off.

^This.

You don't want to act cooperatively? I don't need to either. You want to be selfish? So can I.

'But... but... but... you were supposed to do our job for us!'

Um...no.

Just say 'No' to Door/Corridor Heroes.

Edited by Kalenath

Whoa whoa, I'm being selfish by going out even further and getting kills before someone else does when they leave the objective as a door hero? Because I'm pretty sure I'm actually doing is "an efficient way of killing the enemies it is also safer than killing them near the objective," which as you may know, is "perfect for defence as long as you have at least one person acting as a rear guard." It's not my fault the mission failed if I'm even more efficient at killing than the other guy. Maybe he should go back and be the rear guard.

Wait, didn't you just say that you like playing that position? So if the mission fails, I'm pretty sure that's your fault. Maybe you should learn to play with more strategy.

Firstly you are a "Corridor hero if this is what you do,

Secondly I have never let my clan down my letting the pod die I play defence because I like playing a more supportive mode. The mission never fails under my watch.

NOTHING is positive about door heroes, stay close to pod and protect it, don't leave your teammates,  let enemies come otherwise you scatter loot you screw up the spawnrate and you risk failling the mission. I 100% disagree.

SAY NO TO DOOR HEROES

Your theory only works in Void, Derelict, and that one Corpus defense mission in the space ship.

Any other defense mission, and its ideal to hold choke points. Its good in Survival, its good in defense, and definitely good in MD since enemies are far more devastating, and a good squad of Corpus could easily eliminate the objective within a close enough range(Hence Corpus are ALWAYS superior in power compared to Grineer) If its Grineer maybe you can let them get close, but once napalm, and flamers show up its ideal to start choke points immediately!!! Those enemies are so incredibly dangerous in numbers close to the objective that only a squad of highly intelligent(non-existent in game) Stalker's could handle it... due to the fact they have infinite energy, and can just spam abilities all day. Otherwise... KEEP THEM AWAY!!! Choke points are desired, needed, important, THE MOST PROPER WAY to handle enemies in defending objective missions. Winning is more important then some useless items. Besides you can find them all rather easily with just a quick run around. (usually nothing of use drops...)

Here's how it works In descending order of usefulness

Minmaxed overleveld potatolords

Regular Players

Sliced Bread

Rainbows

Idlers

That idiot who shoots windows and wastes life support

My dog

Africa

The Color Pink

Host Migration

Valkyr

Door Heroes.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

This tactic is often perfect for defence as long as you have at least one person acting as a rear guard near the objective and picking of any that get through. 

So the positives of this are that the objective is a lot less likely to die (If you don't have a good defensive set up this is good) and that you should still gain full XP.

Here is the problem I see with this strategy: who is gonna be that person? Is it gonna be you, or is it gonna be me?

Here's how it works In descending order of usefulness

Minmaxed overleveld potatolords

Regular Players

Idlers

That idiot who shoots windows and wastes life support

My dog

Africa

Host Migration

Door Heroes.

Elaborate on the mentioning of Africa...

Elaborate on the mentioning of Africa...

beat me to it... but yes I would like to know how Africa is considered near the bottom of the useless list... They do provide many resources...

Also... Regular players go below Pro-Players... there is a VAST difference between a pro, and a regular... A pro is like a Colonel on Battlefield... show up out of no where and just own like Rambo/Chuck Norris/Chen Zhen all rolled into one with no consideration for their own life and usually do bizarre things like leaping on the front window of a helicopter after leaping out of a fighter jet... Then jacking it in mid-air, and single handedly winning the entire game for their team.

A regular is that guy that becomes dumbstruck when he sees a colonel.

Edited by Arlayn