Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Mod That Curves Rockets Towards Direction Of Camera

shut

Can we have an Ogris-exclusive mod that causes the rocket to curve towards the direction that the camera is pointing? Something like:

Unranked:

HEAT SEEKER       "4-"

-  

-       

-       -picture here-

-  

-  

OGRIS  C10                     RARE

Direction control +10%

Maxed:

HEAT SEEKER       "9-"

-      

-      -picture here-

-

-

OGRIS  C60                     RARE

Direction control +60%

Name not final, of course.

Basically, just a mod that causes launched rocket projectiles to fly forward, but curve in the direction that the camera is aiming. Or possibly make it a true "heat seeking" mod (which would cause the projectile to fly towards the specific object that the camera is pointing at, as opposed to simply flying in the camera's line of sight). The latter would be more maneuverable, but much harder to control, since there's a greatly enhanced risk of curving a rocket back towards yourself out of carelessness.

Ranking up this mod increases the turn speed of the rocket. You sacrifice fire-and-forget capabilities for extra maneuverability.

Thoughts?

Edited by SortaRandom

hate to be "that guy" but.....

post-23319-Lion-King-Timon-NOPE-gif-Imgu

Care to back it up, please? A reason, perhaps?

Or are you just gonna be one of those guys who posts "No." in a feedback thread for the sake of upvotes instead of actual contribution?

Edited by SortaRandom

Lorewise - we sacrificed the Homing system on Ogris in order to have more Explosive Filler in the Research process.

so perhaps i guess we could alternate that and sacrifice some Explosive Filler for Homing.

Mod-wise, sure I can see that working.

It'd have to end up being a "corruption" style mod, however. +homing, -damage or -area of effect or so on.

True. I think a straight -damage would be the best, since AoE is pretty important in maximizing the effectiveness of your curvy-twirly-rocket shots in any game that grants this ability. XD

Care to back it up, please? A reason, perhaps?

Or are you just gonna be one of those guys who posts "No." in a feedback thread for the sake of upvotes instead of actual contribution?

ill back up for him

Tenno can actully aim

they aint cloned $&*&*#(%& flesh who need homing system

We command the rocket with our very own will

you dig it?

Edited by Tsoe

I think the mod could be fun to use, but impractical for two reasons. (at least for my gameplay)

Uno: Once you have Firestorm, Split Chamber, and Heavy Caliber, the radius of the explosions is so big that such aiming capabilities would be a bit redundant.

Deux: Right after firing some rockets, I usually look in a different direction to figure out where I want to shoot next and to make sure that I'm not letting enemies get to close. I imagine that this could cause the mod to be detrimental for me.

Using it in PVP just to try and upset people would be entertaining, but not so much against AI. I'd have nothing against this mod being added in if other players would find it useful, though. ^.^

I think the mod could be fun to use, but impractical for two reasons. (at least for my gameplay)

Uno: Once you have Firestorm, Split Chamber, and Heavy Caliber, the radius of the explosions is so big that such aiming capabilities would be a bit redundant.

Deux: Right after firing some rockets, I usually look in a different direction to figure out where I want to shoot next and to make sure that I'm not letting enemies get to close. I imagine that this could cause the mod to be detrimental for me.

Using it in PVP just to try and upset people would be entertaining, but not so much against AI. I'd have nothing against this mod being added in if other players would find it useful, though. ^.^

It's mostly a just for fun sort of thing. Also helpful in narrow, crowded hallways, where you can launch it over the heads of Grineer and send it plummeting into the ground for maximum efficiency with less risk of suicide.

It might be useless on paper compared to what straight-firing rockets can do, but I see it as just an alternate playstyle that can make Ogris gameplay far more entertaining for players who are into this sort of thing. Keep in mind that it's a 100% optional mod, so players who don't want to use it aren't affected in any way by its addition (except for in PVP, of course, but we can just give it a high Conclave rating or something). XD

I'm all for the concept, whether as a mod or a new weapon entirely. My only problem is the name (and honestly i'm being picky here). It would be laser guided if we direct the missiles around, heat seeking missiles would home in by themselves, bombard style.

Yeah, the name needs changing for sure. But you get the gist of it. xD

change rightmouse to fire a marker which consumes more ammo than usual to "tag" a target, then primary fire shots slowly curve towards the marked target, even have the tag/marker stick onto floors/walls etc so you can aim away/above and have the shot slowly curve to the tag/marker?

for all that awesomeness tho id probably include a downside or it would be too awesome, maybe a base dmg reduction/penalty to compensate or something similar.

change rightmouse to fire a marker which consumes more ammo than usual to "tag" a target, then primary fire shots slowly curve towards the marked target, even have the tag/marker stick onto floors/walls etc so you can aim away/above and have the shot slowly curve to the tag/marker?

for all that awesomeness tho id probably include a downside or it would be too awesome, maybe a base dmg reduction/penalty to compensate or something similar.

Erm, if you're able to aim accurately enough to place a marker on a target, you might as well just fire a regular rocket. My suggestion is for real-time continuous control of the projectile. XD

As for the downside, I think a medium-size hit on base damage would suffice, if a downside is needed.

Erm, if you're able to aim accurately enough to place a marker on a target, you might as well just fire a regular rocket. My suggestion is for real-time continuous control of the projectile. XD

As for the downside, I think a medium-size hit on base damage would suffice, if a downside is needed.

or cripple the aoe radius, we already have a mod that can balance back some of that nerf.

Bump.

or cripple the aoe radius, we already have a mod that can balance back some of that nerf.

I mentioned a little bit above that AoE is pretty important in maximizing the effect of having the ability to twirl your rockets around. Giving it maneuverability but taking away the AoE is like giving the Glaive a range-extending mod that decreases its damage at long range. XD

I personally think that the fact that this mod requires a precious mod slot is enough of a downside (Not really going to be any more overpowered than an ordinary Ogris, anyways; it's just an alternate playstyle), but again, if a nerf is truly needed, then -damage would be fine. Or simply having the downside of being unable to launch another rocket until the first one has exploded. Or maybe -speed or something.

Just not the AoE. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

yeah but isnt the whole idea of homing rockets to hit things more accuratly, reduced aoe dmg would balance out the fact your able to correct aiming mistakes?

ogris is already stupidly powerful as it is, making it yet more incredible via homing with zero downsides as a tradeoff isnt very realistic..