Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skills And Weapons

ChibiHunter

Question

So, I just started this game about 1 day ago so forgive me if this sounds stupid. I can't figure out how to unlock skills and upgrade weapon damage. I've tried just about everything I could in game but I can't figure anything out. Do you need to rank up in order to start using skills and/or upgrading weapons?

4 answers to this question

First off, Welcome!

In answer to your question of needing to rank up, yes and no. When you first start off, you have no equipable skills, and your weapons are level 0. They do rank up and get the chance to be upgraded further - with powers and mods in the case of warframes; and with mods (that include damage) in the case of weapons.

One important distinction to make here is that your account has a rank, your warframe has a rank, and each weapon has a rank. As you use your warframe and weapons, they will level up. Each level up increases the base amount of energy you have available to equip and use mods. As your account levels up, you gain access to new weapons, which you can purchase. As of yet, this is not a large part of the game, but I would expect it to be expanded on in the future.

Your warframe should start out with four skills. These skills can be equipped once your warframe has enough energy. So, for example, when you complete your first mission, you should probably have leveled up at least once. This means you can now go into the arsenal screen and click on the wrench symbol below your warframe. The menu that pops up is where you equip mods and powers. With each level, you will gain one energy that can be used to "power" mods and powers that are dragged into the slots.

The weapons also have little wrench buttons that take you to customization. As you play missions, you can find mods that increase damage, or add elemental effects, etc. These can then be equipped in the slots for the corresponding weapon.

Mods can also be upgraded, which requires fusing. I would recommend just exploring all the buttons and options. Try to see where stuff is and what it does. Then, if you are still confused, ask more questions, or check the wiki.

There is a lot to learn and I hope you can keep trying until you master it.

Again, thanks for joining!

Edited by halofury36