Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I hope the Ice Blast will still remain, and be improved towards, the Utility side of things rather than damage.

It's a shame to not see any change to Ice Wave too though, but all in all these seem pretty good.

I kind of hoped that when Globe did get nerfed it'd just turn into a duration nerf (For example, 7+- seconds of bubble invulnerability that we must upgrade through mods instead of starting at 30), but I guess that we've seen this one coming.

Guest CrimsonCrown

Health based Snow Globe? Oh boy.

It isn't out to test yet, and the health looks high, but... Be ready for some hate.

way ahead of you, buddy

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

1. Is snowglobe still duration based? If so, then massive problem there imo.

2. HP seems really low, especially for how large the globe can be, and how many enemies can shoot it.

Suggestion for that: Allow power duration, strength and size to increase the HP of the globe, otherwise you're penalized for making the globe bigger to cover more area, and have it as a direction conversion 1:1 (most corrupted mods have a downside that would offset this anyways, i.e. overextended would give a net gain of 30% HP because it also reduces power strength.)

3. Bit of a tangent, but what can we expect for trinity's blessing, as that's immortality too?

interesting slide away from the lazy glacier(dealing ant-bite damage for being practically impervious) but i think that adding that health cap would be a little damaging to him as that is the key defining feature that made people use him so much in late game, and now he is probably going to have a bit of an expiration date on the fridge(defense game types )

1000 HP is torn in seconds by a hoard of level 30 enemies.

3500 isn't that much better.

Please make it so that Snow Globe has infinite HP for 15 seconds and afterward uses a 5000 HP life system.

Also one must recollect that Rhino's Iron skin sits at 1200 HP. If a Globe is deployed for the entire team, that's like giving everyone Iron Skin. 1200 x 4 = 4800 HP. Also Snow Globe is non mobile. 3500 HP on a static skill is unacceptable on a full team.

Edited by Psychosist

Ice blast should remain a CC oriented skill. Single target damage should increase, not to the point of fireball but I'd suggest it also provide a slow field around a frozen target. 

Avalanche, that should be enough to keep it viable. 

Snow globe, although I can't say for certain I feel those numbers might be a little low. Then again I understand the need for him to get out of his shell more. He is setting these up to protect 4 frames, or more with rescue and defense missions. It takes damage from pretty much everything going on. Even 3500 might be too low to effectively cover that but we'll wait and see. What I do like and at the same time don't like about that is that ally bullets will probably kill snowglobes from the outside. Which, while useful in case of emergencies might lead to a lot of smashed globes. 

So, Snowglobe will be useless in higherlevel missions?
Freeze and Avalanche needed a buff, obviously. But I don't think, that Snowglobe deserves a nerf. Not THIS big of a nerf. At least add another 0 at the end of the values.

Edited by Angius

BOUT MOTHER FUDGIN TIME!

I expected snowglobe to be changed, but the plus side to this, NO MORE DURATION MODS FOR FROST!

Edit: No changes for ice wave?

I'd expect at least a small damage buff.

Edited by helosie

Hp of snow globe could be increase more with power mods?   But ya the 3500 seems a bit low.  least for high level areas/defense maps.  but would make it so that its not a Cast on Defense object and forget it skill like its been.  So I approve of these changes.

the numbers for snowglob health seem a little weak.

I mean, i can get oneshoted by an eviscerator in high level defense and survival. So far Blessing, Snow Globe, and bastille are the only respite players have against insane bleed-procs and unrelenting amounts of Fusion and Supra fire.

WIll HP at least be able to get boosted with Focus Mods?

Because i quickly see snow-globe going the way of decoy (IE, useless in high level)

And I forsee T3 Defense to turn into a huge ordeal...

I do like the boost to freeze and Avalanche, it'll actually get me to slot the former. I WAS about to forma that scratch polarity to something else.

...actually, with no duration to worry about, a Blind Rage/Efficiency build may be interesting for Frost. Provided Globe HP is effected.

Well, i guess we have to wait and see. Im sure the forums will implode when certain missions become unviable.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Well that came out of nowhere. Nice to hear that Ice Blast (freeze) is an ice rocket like Fireball (with AoE of course, right? RIGHT?!) and that Freeze does more damage, although personally I would've done more with it's utility, like leaving enemies frozen and increasing damage to them.

Can I make a suggestion for Snow Globe though? I once heard an interesting idea that it should remain immune to all damage types except for blast and fire damage. That way at high levels normal mobs can't sneeze on it and break it, but the team will still have to prioritize enemies such as Napalms, Bombards, and Fusion MOAs since they'd be the units capable of breaking through your defenses (and already kind of do anyway so it's technically not a nerf to begin with).