Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

ITT: People mad that Snowglobe is no longer an "I WIN" button in defense missions.

pff unlike many people it was never a i win button enemies could easily get inside and loads of different enemies can still damage through the globe you cant say that's its a (i win button) as nearly every defensive skill can be a i win button or nova as a offensive (press 4)....

blessing=immortal

invisibility=immortal

then you got radial blind=can be casted multiple times with a very long duration before enemys attack and other abilitys like this

however your probably one of those nerfers who don't like people using skills at all you don't look at the big picture of frost now being hardly useable due to his globe being health and duration based and other problems. frost was the least need warframe for a fix (nerf) like this

however your probably one of those nerfers who don't like people using skills at all you don't look at the big picture of frost now being hardly useable due to his globe being health and duration based and other problems. frost was the least need warframe for a fix (nerf) like this

I play Frost Prime. I like the changes because Ice Wave and Avalanche are actually usable now, and people no longer expect me to just always use Snowglobe.

Thanks for the assumption, though. A+.

I play Frost Prime. I like the changes because Ice Wave and Avalanche are actually usable now, and people no longer expect me to just always use Snowglobe.

Thanks for the assumption, though. A+.

avalanche is no more viable than it already was the only reason people think its viable is because of the (apparent) cc ability which isn't even increasable and was already a bug before the update so really all they have done is add the bug to it but not fixed the ability and damage is not a factor as it scales off easily in higher levels/waves. ice wave was changed to 10 per cent slow proc which is good but the cons of it still out way the good same goes for freeze/avalanche and now snow globe

and its a A* ty I worked very hard on that

avalanche is no more viable than it already was the only reason people think its viable is because of the (apparent) cc ability which isn't even increasable and was already a bug before the update so really all they have done is add the bug to it but not fixed the ability and damage is not a factor as it scales off easily in higher levels/waves. ice wave was changed to 10 per cent slow proc which is good but the cons of it still out way the good same goes for freeze/avalanche and now snow globe

and its a A* ty I worked very hard on that

Avalanche stun is increased by mods. Ice Wave slow is definitely more than 10%.

I hope there going ti nerf choas/blessing/vortex/invisibility/radial blind and others there all OP they can all make you invincibleyou cant beat nerfers then just join them and ruin the game

No, you do not hope they will nerf this. 

Seriously, why the heck would you wish this? Everyone can get these abilities. It's not like others have what you don't. 

No, you do not hope they will nerf this. 

Seriously, why the heck would you wish this? Everyone can get these abilities. It's not like others have what you don't. 

well same went for snowglobe but that got nerfed to oblivion by going by the nerfers then all cc ability's and anything which can make you immune to damage and stop enemies in there tracks is overpowerd

well same went for snowglobe but that got nerfed to oblivion by going by the nerfers then all cc ability's and anything which can make you immune to damage and stop enemies in there tracks is overpowerd

No, it didn't. Snowglobe was immunity from nearly everyone shooting at you for the whole duration.

Most CC effects only hit people in the immediate cast, or a limited number of targets. 

If someone else showed up after a snowglobe was dropped, you were good for the next 30 seconds still.

If someone else showed up after a radial blind was dropped, you have to recast. 

If someone else showed up after a Bastille was dropped and hit cap, you have to recast. 

If someone else showed up after a Chaos was dropped, you'd have to hope the affected would keep him occupied. 

If someone else showed up after an accelerant was dropped, you have to recast. 

See the difference? Everyone had a CC that needed to be recast when more trouble showed up. 

No, it didn't. Snowglobe was immunity from nearly everyone shooting at you for the whole duration.

Most CC effects only hit people in the immediate cast, or a limited number of targets. 

If someone else showed up after a snowglobe was dropped, you were good for the next 30 seconds still.

If someone else showed up after a radial blind was dropped, you have to recast. 

If someone else showed up after a Bastille was dropped and hit cap, you have to recast. 

If someone else showed up after a Chaos was dropped, you'd have to hope the affected would keep him occupied. 

If someone else showed up after an accelerant was dropped, you have to recast. 

See the difference? Everyone had a CC that needed to be recast when more trouble showed up. 

vortex/invisibility/blessing/link a few others

snow globe a napalm hit the snow globe got to move as it has made a 100 per cent fire proc which just goes through, create snow globe again same for if you use it for infested you need to move then recast for the cc effect it goes both ways

im going by stabilizing all ability's to be equal to each other at the moment they haven't even finished ember/saryn yet they moved to frost instead of fixing them and not even fixing the problem with nova people have the way things are going it doesn't matter if any ability need to be re casted or not

I think people are misunderstanding something :

Frost is not better because snowglobe was nerfed, it's because his other abilities were buffed. If Snowglobe was reverted and the buffs remain, we have a High-tier Warframe suitable for most gameplay. People focused on Frost's snowglobe before because it was the ONLY good skill, now that the rest have been buffed, people will be able to vary in his gameplay. Just revert snowglobe to make it perfect.

vortex/invisibility/blessing/link a few others

snow globe a napalm hit the snow globe got to move as it has made a 100 per cent fire proc which just goes through, create snow globe again same for if you use it for infested you need to move then recast for the cc effect it goes both ways

im going by stabilizing all ability's to be equal to each other at the moment they haven't even finished ember/saryn yet they moved to frost instead of fixing them and not even fixing the problem with nova people have the way things are going it doesn't matter if any ability need to be re casted or not

Vortex can't hit everyone 360 around Vauban for all ranges. 

Invisibility isn't immunity anymore. You can still take damage. 

Blessing is probably next on the chopping block.

Link still allows some damage to get through. And doesn't protect an entire team.

And like I said, in most cases. Napalm explosions are incredibly cheap too.

If the infested get inside the globe, they're slowed and you still have a CC advantage that way, that lasts until the globe duration is gone. No other CC does that either.

But yeah, they really should have finished or made some statement about Ember and Saryn. They made some updates to them based on our suggestions, but gave no real response as to whether or not they were done yet. Kind of annoying, but oh well. 

Hes slow & useless now yes very fun to play.

if thats your conclusion you've done something terribly wrong.

from what ive read on this thread here very few people have gone through any sort of actual testing of avalanche globe or ice wave. sad i hope DE doesnt "fix" frost on false information from people who are just talking.

guys his first skill still sucks.. Ice wave is his best skill now,snowglobe is useless,avalance is crappy cc if you compare it to rhino stomp,also he is slow for a caster.. His armor wont gona help even at low levels

lol? i have compared it to rhinos stomp. same range slightly shorter duration of cc around the same damage.

frost has more armor then rhino so i do hope you arent telling me frost cant run through mercury without some sort of iron skin.

Vortex can't hit everyone 360 around Vauban for all ranges. 

Invisibility isn't immunity anymore. You can still take damage. 

Blessing is probably next on the chopping block.

Link still allows some damage to get through. And doesn't protect an entire team.

And like I said, in most cases. Napalm explosions are incredibly cheap too.

If the infested get inside the globe, they're slowed and you still have a CC advantage that way, that lasts until the globe duration is gone. No other CC does that either.

But yeah, they really should have finished or made some statement about Ember and Saryn. They made some updates to them based on our suggestions, but gave no real response as to whether or not they were done yet. Kind of annoying, but oh well. 

I'm just going to jump in here quickly. Invisibility doesn't make you immune but with mods you can make it last for a very long time and you will only get shot if your sentinal shoots them.

From what I've seen if your snow globe gets over run it doesn't freeze all of them. Maybe it is just a glitch I don't know.

Some one made a list of all the enemies that go through snow globe as in over run or shoot through. It would be repetitive to list them all again.

If a vortex isn't pulling everyone in from 360 it isn't a vortex. Sure in the game the range is limited to a few metres but everything in that metre radius is pulled in.

Speaking of nerfers I remember when this game was hard, it was hard to move to another planet. So maybe what nerfers should be asking for is a difficulty setting instead of nerfing all the tenno's equippment.

I Think that we just need to remove the time from the snowglobe, like rhino's iron skin. Then it's perfect. 

This dude has a reasonable solution.

The thing that made Snowglobe particularly valuable was the fact that it was scaleable--it didn't matter how powerful the enemies got, it just plain worked.  Now the range of options available to high-level play is reduced when what really needs to happen is to have that range widened.  It's undeniable that Snowglobe was perhaps a bit too convenient as it was before, though.

What if instead of having health, which makes the ability less and less useful the higher the enemy's level, the snowglobe can only take a certain number of hits before going down?  That way you can't completely rely on it to provide total protection in a massive swarm of enemies, but at the same time if you can keep the enemies in check with crowd control moves like Chaos or Shadows of the Dead, it can keep functioning for a while without being overpowered at low levels or useless at high levels.

Edited by AhziDahaka

Seems to be support for a couple of 'simpler' ideas regarding Snowglobe (*immediately regrets calling anything Warframe balance simple*). 

If health, no duration. 

Dev has expressed interest in having other Armor buffs scale onto Snowglobe as well, so there is still opportunity for changes. 

Locking up for now, thank you for contributions and analysis on Frost's Powerset since the changes. 

PS4 players, this change is coming your way in the next Update and we'll start a new thread with the purpose to discuss the changes relative to devs current thoughts when it ships for everyone to discuss and revisit.

Until next time!