Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

How about a huge buff in Frost's globe's HP, giving it a lot of damage reduction, and lowering its energy cost? Give all of Frost's damaging moves a 100% proc chance, and have avalanche cause a 9 second slow. Oh, and a buff to Frost's run speed.

Don't just +1 without thinking about it. This is a nerf to frost that leans toward a playstyle that doesn't even suit him. What is going on. Someone explain DE's reasoning.

I thought, and so I gave +1 because at least they decided to change something on it and opened up a space to discuss.

Not really, if the goal was to make other frames for appealing in defense this is not the answer. Now it will be Loki+Vauban+Trinity+Rhino/Nova in defense. Anything else would be subpar. How does nerfing frost even make other frames better for defense? it makes no sense! Why not buff other frames instead? Like Excalibur, Valkyr or banshee maybe even Oberon.

Not only this but having Snow Globe made it so you could actually bring the sub-par frames to defense and they could still get work done by staying within the globe for cover without being a liability to the team. The change to snow globe just makes the number of frames that you can bring to high level defense is even less than before.

This thread is starting to feel like the Exp 2.0 thread a while back...

Back on topic, changing Snow Globe to have HP seems interesting to try but instead of a flat 3500 HP I rather see it changed to something like 3500 hits to destroy(numbers adjustable of course).

Or perhaps they should have it scale with the enemies, like it's health/shields/armor, scale up every 5 waves or so, that way no matter what it dies at a steady rate so to speak. Like if the enemies are level 6000 then the pod is also level 6000 and has armor/shields/health to match.

The Pod already scales...

Too bad it scales to enemy level at mission start which quickly becomes useless even in T3 Void.

Now, yes, Endless Defense for ludicrous waves is kinda stupid and not optimal gameplay, but I'm worried about how ridiculous T3 Void will be for anybody who's not an uber-powered player, and/or those who can't find 3 higher powered players to do it.

Void (Especially Defense) already sucks, let's not make it suck worse, please. I don't want the ONLY acquisition method for things like Braton Prime to become 100% (or dang near it) impossible because of this stupid nerf.

just found a quote, i though here is the right place for it:

"On frost, yeah to be honest the hp to his globe was in all likelihood a bad move.  Now we'll just have loki spamming Radial Disarm and vauban continuously stacking bastilles.  So all they really did if things go as we expect them to is switch frost for loki.  Soooo...where does that leave frost since he really only had 1 job."

Sorry for my bad English and grammar

How about make Snowglobe a new effect on caster: Decreasing caster's energy per second ?

Use skill = Snowglobe on, use skill again, then Snowglobe off. You can only deploy a Snowglobe.

Advantage:

Players can decide when to use the skill anytime, and they can remove it while they don't need it.

Disadvantage:

Snowglobe can deployed only 1 place.

Ugh, you guys are so reactionary. The change hasn't even been implemented yet, but you're acting like it's the end of the world. This has been coming along since day 1 of open beta.

As long as Snowglobe works well from levels 1 to 60, it's fine. If you're trying to go any further than that, you're bound to run into a brick wall anyways.

Edited by Vaskadar

Oh boy! No more easy mode defense.

I knew this was coming in eventually, though. I'll definately playtest some Frost for sure.

He'll sure be less boring.

Also, you're not supposed to win against lvl 1000 enemies. Plz stop using them for a balance reference.

Edited by Lord.Finster

If power strength affects the health of the snowglobe, then there should not be that much of a problem. Just remember that the snowglobe is a big target. It needs a LOT of health to be viable against targets such as grineer napalm troops and corpus tech's.

The only thing I can see right about Snowglobe having HP is making it get destroyed only after it has taken a certain amount of shots, not HP, so it will be the same everywhere. So something like 100/200/300/400 shots, numbers can be adjusted, but you get the point.

However there are issues with that as well. Enemies with quicker firing but lower damage weapons will rip the globe apart... 

Although one could SEE that as an addition of Tactical play. Making such quick fire enemies a priority target.

Over all I'd agree that if an HP system is going to be on the globe (instead the AI being smarter about realizing they're shooting a invulnerable surface) a set number of Shots would be WAY better then actual HP.

Face it, the old snow globe made a lot of things too damn easy.

"OH MY GOD! WE HAVE TO USE STRATAGY NOW TO PROTECT THE DEFENSE POINT, RATHER THEN HIDING INSIDE SNOWGLOBE!

OH WOE IS US FOR HAVING TO USE OUR BRAINS!"

are you serious? tell ne please how would you survive agaisnt lv 1000 heavy unit and def the pod at same time? 1Shot game over,good luck

Defense (and Mobile Defense) was already my most hated playstyle... let's not make me hate it even more.

Frost's Snowglobe was the one shining light in Defense/Mobile Defense to where we could actually do the Defense and not have to worry about one stray mob finding the pod unguarded resulting in the dreaded "MISSION FAILED" screen because the pod can't take more than 3 hits before "dying".

I've always HATED Defense for that reason. I hate insta-fail conditions. Doesn't matter how awesome you are, a lag spike, a teammate not being where you think they are, whatever can cause 10, 20, 30 minutes of work to go poof.

Also, T3 Void Defense needs to work like regular Endless Defense. I hate that whole "Must Defend for X Rounds" crap.

Snowglobe was the only thing that made it reasonable, and now that's going away. Guess I'm never getting a Braton Prime.

Ugh, you guys are so reactionary. The change hasn't even been implemented yet, but you're acting like it's the end of the world. This has been coming along since day 1 of open beta.

The issue is not that it's getting nerfed, most people can agree that's fair, the issue is that it's getting uber nerfred into oblivion.

I haven't heard anything about a Frost nerf at all. This is sorta out of the blue. And judging from Rebecca's post, looks like it's U12, which is tomorrow.

And yes, it's way too big of a nerf. Make it hits-based or make it scale with enemies.

Edited by DaClamps

As long as Snowglobe works well from levels 1 to 60, it's fine. If you're trying to go any further than that, you're bound to run into a brick wall anyways.

Because we have actually played the game enough to know it's a bad change. Iron skin has health, see how long it lasts even on pluto. Now see how long it lasts on t3 defense. And again, they said the change was made so other frames would have a use on defenses but this doesn't affect other frames at all, it only makes frost one of the other frames.