Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I agree with the health values being. . .off.

I am okay with the concept of the nerf though.

2c time:

Snowglobe regenerates health.

Snowglobe has multiple plates which make it a sphere, each with their own health.

Snowglobe instead needs x amount of damage instances to die, not hp.

Snowglobe has some form of Damage Reduction to its hp. (Starts as 100% dr, but reduces as it takes more hits, down to 0 hp or 0% dr.)

Snowglobe has more health.

Using powers in Snowglobe regenerates hp, or has some synergy.

No duration. (Not listed in the changes, but it is implied)

Or any combination of the above.

Just 2c.

+1 but i think it need some  cap of the absorbed hits too.....

Hmm, 3500 Seems extremely low, like 1 shot by a high lvl minion low. Warframes can at least avoid most of the damage with moving, but since Snowglobe is a big target that all the enemies will probably be shooting at, it sounds like it's useless now. This is just speculation from my part though, will have to try it out myself, but I think the golden age of Frost is over.

Agreed 3500 is way to low when your talking about trying to go past wave 20 on a Pluto defense you may aswell pack Frost up and put him in your Hall of fame the war frames that have came out after Vauban are doing more damage than the older frames with more useful utilities thus making anything that came out before Vauban Obsolete .

You still have to actually get out there near the mobs to actually blind them, because last I checked, RB has a fairly small AoE radius. Even if you buff with with mobs, it is......not impressive at all.

You'd have to go balls-to-the-wall for Duration + Range Mods to even try to make an RB build, and when you do? You might cover 1 of the 4 corners of a Void Defense Room with that, and to do THAT you'd have to directly put yourself in Harm's Way as Excalibur (whose only Self-Defense involves invincibility frames during Slash Dash which also uses Energy).

It has 25meters aoe base

Hmm, 3500 Seems extremely low, like 1 shot by a high lvl minion low. Warframes can at least avoid most of the damage with moving, but since Snowglobe is a big target that all the enemies will probably be shooting at, it sounds like it's useless now. This is just speculation from my part though, will have to try it out myself, but I think the golden age of Frost is over.

Agreed 3500 is way to low when your talking about trying to go past wave 20 on a Pluto defense you may aswell pack Frost up and put him in your Hall of fame the war frames that have came out after Vauban are doing more damage than the older frames with more useful utilities thus making anything that came out before Vauban Obsolete .

1. Is snowglobe still duration based? If so, then massive problem there imo.

2. HP seems really low, especially for how large the globe can be, and how many enemies can shoot it.

Suggestion for that: Allow power duration, strength and size to increase the HP of the globe, otherwise you're penalized for making the globe bigger to cover more area, and have it as a direction conversion 1:1 (most corrupted mods have a downside that would offset this anyways, i.e. overextended would give a net gain of 30% HP because it also reduces power strength.)

3. Bit of a tangent, but what can we expect for trinity's blessing, as that's immortality too?

+1 my friend... I think exactly the same way !

It has 25meters aoe base

Which is still not all that great IMO. It'd take quite a few mod capacity to buff that up (plus Duration) to where it'd be effective to use for that purpose.

And at least Loki has Invisibility.

Not sure what to think here. Frost is my favorite sooo I'm glad to see the Avalanche buff but with Globe... I don't know. I'll try it first but one thing is for sure: If more than two are stacked, visibility is basically nil. 

My two cents. (worth $37 in change.      kidding)

I think another person in this thread had the right idea:

Damage Reduction, with same duration.

Perhaps 20/40/60/80% damage reduction of all attacks made from outside the Snowglobe.

That way, it'd still be nice and useful for Defense, but yet wouldn't be an auto-win.

Why would you do this DE.. The globe has 3500 hp. This is nothing.

Snow globe was frosts ONLY useful skill, and my main frame i play, please revert it and stick it back to a timer much like trinity's blessing.

3500 hp will not last a second in the high gameplay.

Why nerf Frost when other frames can just use damage to kill everything, Frost was one of the most useful frames ingame and it didn't make him invulnerable only stopping enemy fire, and even grineer napalms can penetrate the globe, shockwave Moa's can still hit through the globe, im pretty sure concentrated fire from a corpus tech would obliterate 3500hp & a bombard rocket would take it out in one hit.

I do not approve of this nerf.